Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 06:35 PM

3,513 posts, read 6,381,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan123 View Post
If the vet near Laurel is trustworthy, you should be OK having a credit card on file there. I would do that at my vet. If you leave a check with Laurel, it would probably need to be made out to her unless you make prior arrangements with the vet. I'm not sure a lot of businesses would take a check from a person who was not on the account.

I'd also leave a letter with Laurel addressed to whom it may concern that she is authorized to make medical decisions regarding your pet in the event you can't be reached.
The few times I had to go away and leave my guys in the care of a pet sitter I made sure to bring the authorization letter to my vet in person so there could be no doubt that the sitter was allowed to do so. I put a couple of hundred on my account and had been a long time client and the doc knew I'd pay the bill in full upon my return.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2016, 11:34 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,389,793 times
I communicated with my roommate pretty much daily via Facebook chat.

And I would think the vet would not require your credit card unless something went wrong. Either way, I'd let them keep it on file - I don't see that it would be more dangerous than your own vet having your credit card on file.

Old 10-09-2016, 02:22 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,595,662 times
When I use to use a pet sitter My vets knew when she would be watching the dogs and they had a letter on file giving her permission to OK treatment if they were unable to reach me . When I offered to let them put my credit card on file they said it was not necessary as I have been client so long they knew I would make good on any bills.

Old 10-09-2016, 05:15 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,977,188 times
I spoke to the vet and they agreed to let me put my credit card on file in case on an emergency. They told me Laurel could bring the dogs in even without a letter, since they do not have a record of me ever taking my younger Dane to them (it has been years since her visit there) but I will leave her with one just in case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs