Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2015, 09:02 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,072,354 times

Advertisements

I am sure all of us who have spent much time around our dogs can tell a story about something really funny that their little 4 legged friend did, so let me tell the one that still sticks in my mind:

This happened close to 50 years ago, we were living in Marin County, CA and the kids were just past the toddler age. One summer morning they came running into the house and said our Lab had a chicken in his mouth. Well we lived in a residentual area, almost everyone had fenced yards and no one had live poultry, so I assured them it was a bird. NOpe, it has bar b cue sause on it. I went out, to find the dog in the garage, indeed eating a chicken. It seems the kids had left the door from the back yard to the garage open and hadn't closed the garage door either. Zep, our lab had gotten out; All we can figure was: about a block away were the larger, custom homes and some did not have fences. We think he got into one of those yards, someone was probably about to put the chicken on the bar b cue and must have gone in the house for something. When they did this, our cleptomaniac dog helped himself to the chicken. To this day, I wonder if they still wonder where the chicken went? Btw, this is the same dog that ate about 4 dozen colored easter eggs one year. We used to have an Easter egg hunt for the kids friends every Good Friday. I did this for years. It was like a birthday party, but no ones birthday. We would color the eggs the day before, then hide them the night prior to the hunt. One year (the first year we had Zip) we did our usual hiding but let him out the morning of the hunt, to go potty and have his breakfast. Hubby, without thinking let him out then proceeded to shower and shave for work before waking me up. Zip helped himself to the eggs, shells and all in most cases. Believe it or not, he didn't get sick. Oh yes, I made a mad rush to the store, got 4 more dozen and colored them as fast as i could. Zip wasn't allowed in the yard until the aftenoon event was complete.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs