Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 02:38 PM

575 posts, read 3,694,142 times

Advertisements

Anyone who would mistreat ANY animal well, let's just say I'd like to see them mistreated hanging by their toes. I'm sorry that happened to the mini pin.

Samara, you are absolutely 110% on the mark with everything you said. Excellent reply.

Also, I know what you mean about the price and SCH dogs. I feel 10k is a reasonable price to pay for let's say a Belgian category III 1st place winner with their French Brevet.

I see some dogs going for 45k, and allot more. Allot of people have money. I guess paying a higher dollar dupes them into thinking they are getting a better dog.

I did know a little about the Bordello, they are certainly an interesting looking dog too. It's nice to hear from someone who knows of ring sports.

Interesting story a bit off topic. Last year my female dogs sister (they were 9 weeks old at the time) was sold to the singer James Taylor. My trainer explained to him throughly what he was getting, (heritage, grandfathers A'Tim and V'Racky etc.. old Mechelaar lines, personalities etc.,) and that he needed to train with that dog, somewhere, and if not with him, than with another reputable trainer.

Taylor, 'don't worry', 'I'll put time in with the dog', NOT. He went on tour.

At 16 weeks the dog bit the nanny, nanny got stitches and my trainer took the dog back and kept her, her name is Lyca, then resold her to a gentleman who I train with weekly. Taylor lost a very good dog.

And Evey, all I can say is you are very misguided about protection dogs. I'd trust protection trained dogs around my grandchildren before I'd trust and untrained dog. Did you know dogs can be trained to be child protectors? and NOT by a woof woof to deter a child molester!

Act protective, try to protect you, and actually REALLY protect you are all separate issues.

1st time evaluation showed me where where my boy stood (as I suspected) and that he was a very serious little mama boy who was mostly defense not prey, and that both of us needed training or I'd have a big problem when he matures. That's called being responsible Evey.

But hell, we could start a ring thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 03:07 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,229,188 times
Perhaps. I have never heard of a "protection dog". If I feel like I need protection from something I will go for a firearm every time. To each his own.

This thread was starting to feel preachy. I am leaving it now.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:18 PM

1,179 posts, read 8,709,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chick View Post
I did know a little about the Bordello, they are certainly an interesting looking dog too. It's nice to hear from someone who knows of ring sports.
You are very interesting to talk with. Nice post.

So what is the Bordello dog? I only know of the whorehouses which are called Bordello.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:32 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,282,391 times
Smile dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly3120 View Post
same here! i don't care if it's trained or not CODY SAYS "No FIGHTING IN THE HOUSE!"
actually I thinkl that is just what she is saying!!!

Old 10-19-2007, 03:36 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,282,391 times
Since I have bred dogs for 20 years & trained All kinds for 30 years DO NOT tell me my dog has a bad temperment! You do not know what you are talking about!!

Old 10-19-2007, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
Perhaps. I have never heard of a "protection dog". If I feel like I need protection from something I will go for a firearm every time. To each his own.

This thread was starting to feel preachy. I am leaving it now.
You can leave it now, and I'll part too on these words. It's even more irresponsible to make a statement that you would go for the gun every time. Just like the dogs, the gun takes real training and comprehension of the law.

I am an NRA Instructor in 3 disciplines, 'home safety', 'certified pistol', and in 'personal protection', and I'm a MA state certified as a safety instructor (I'm a person you come to before you can apply for permit) and the very last thing I'd want to have to do is resort to the gun.

Know what made me decide on getting these dogs? I was investigating a home invasion/shooting after the fact for a liability case I was working. I was in Dorchester, MA., murder/crime capital of MA (I had my glock and pepper spray with me), and I was still afraid to get out of the car on Blue Hill Ave., at the police department none-the-less. There had just been a double murder 'right there' the day before and as it turns out another single murder the day after. They were shootings. That's when I made the dog decision.

1. My dogs can react a hell of allot quicker than a person can process information.

2. I can recall the dog.

3. I cannot NOT recall the bullet.

4. The dog will give me the time to process what's happening and make an alternate decision, IE: my glock27, if I feel I have to, such as in a home invasion.

5. You better make sure you can justify that bullet to 12 people.
-------------------
Samara, am I spelling the Bordello dog name wrong? LOL. Hell I just know they are big like a mastiff. I'll have to look that up. I do recall reading they can be used for ppd work, like that giant black Portuguese water dog, LOL Jeez I hope I got that one right.

I'll look it up, I've just been too Malinois focused since having them. They are just so interesting, and trying to learn about the ring sports though I will not be doing any of it.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:32 PM

Yes they are big, mastiff. You can look it up under South African Boerboel or just Boerboel.

Here are the 1st couple google images if you want to see....

Here is also a brindle

Old 10-19-2007, 04:32 PM

I found it, Boerboel, my bad bordello dog LOL. They are an impressive animal. I have always been fond of the large dog breeds. I consider my Mals a medium size.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:33 PM

Wow we posted at the same time..lol

Old 10-19-2007, 04:43 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,624,724 times
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r131/exhdo1/Jack.png (broken link)
He would protect any member of my home without a doubt.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r131/exhdo1/IMG_0006.jpg (broken link)
He may protect me, will definitely protect my wife and kids

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r131/exhdo1/woody.jpg (broken link)
Then there's Woody (he's a little older now but I love this picture). Woody don't have a bad bone in his body. He won't even protect himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs