Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 06:02 AM

13,931 posts, read 39,319,382 times

Advertisements

Try also taking him out more often. Glad hes getting some feeling back! Down side is Pain! Hope the chriopractor can adjust him soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 06:42 PM

554 posts, read 1,155,417 times
He's doing great now, and stating to get bored inside his crate The taper of the pred starts tomorrow (first "skip a day") and he has had no pain meds for a week. His rear end is still a little wobbly, but he definitely can feel and use his feet very well. No more poops in the crate!

I feel bad keeping him locked up, but he has at least four more weeks of strict crate rest. The chiro sees him on Tuesday afternoon.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:57 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,319,382 times
GREAT! Thanks for the Update!!

Old 12-13-2018, 09:41 PM

1 posts, read 227 times
This is without a doubt a very wide variety of symptoms to try and get an outside diagnosis, but i just have to hear from an outside source im hoping no praying anyway. 2 and a half year papillion named gizzmo. Looks just like the gremlin thus the name. He started almost 12 days ago with out adoubt Vestibular disease. And on top of that a back problem. Oh yes vets 2 of them so far. Pretisone ear drops anti-biotics. It is said in certain cases 7-14 days on the head tilt to recover he has shown progress. However tonight on his walk he suddenly stopped walking completely and just stared up at me. 10 steps prior he had came off the curb to continue to cross street. Now at home whimpers as he goes to lay down like before. What is going on??? Is this a relapse of the vestibular?? Ive heard it can come right back.. Did he hurt his back again?? This just rips at my heart just looks so helpless. Im there for him 24/7 he is my service dog and i owe him my ability to walk.. He just now startedwhimpering as if it hurts him to move himself.. Oh my Gosh!! I cant do this!! Please give me some ideas??? Yes vet.. ASAP that i know..... Help for Gizzy!!!???

Old 12-14-2018, 07:19 PM

32,664 posts, read 48,104,757 times
VESTIBULAR disease is self-curing. There is nothing that can be done except to wait it out.

No one can diagnose pain over the internet. A vet will have to look at him. There are several things it could be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs