Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 04:13 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,170,847 times

Advertisements

I'm so upset over this! My best friends mother, Kathy owned a female American Pit Bull Terrier named Vega (my best friend is Amanda and I have known her for over 10 years now). They had gotten Vega when she was around 10 weeks old and we all watched her grow up and turn out to be one of the most amazing dogs anyone could ever dream of owning! She was so well trained, so obedient, so friendly, so smart and she was one of the most beautiful dogs I had ever seen! Vega was never mean to anyone or anything, she loved everyone! She was protective over Kathy and Amanda though, just like Brooklyn, Destiny and Jayda are protective of my husband and I, you know. Like I said, she wasn't a mean dog at all, but if someone hurt Kathy or Amanda she wasn't very nice to them. Anyway, Kathy was in a horrible, abuse relationship with this guy, Nick. Last thing I heard, they had broken up and Nick had moved out. Well, this morning I got a frantic phone call from Amanda, at first I couldn't understand what she was saying because she was crying so much, once she calmed down some she told me that her mom (Kathy) was trying to work things out with Nick, which by the way, is the dumbest thing she could have ever done! Anyway, so Nick and Kathy got in a physical fight and when Vega tried to protect her mommy (Kathy), Nick shot and killed Vega! Kathy had called Amanda and told her what happened and I guess even after all of this she is till going to stay with Nick! I love my dogs as if they were my children and I would be beyond heart broken if anything happened to them! I guess she is just going to be stuck in this horrible relationship until she decides to do something better for herself, but anyway, I just wanted to share that. I'm so upset over this! Vega was one of the most wonderful dogs I had ever met and she (and of course my 3 APBTs) is the whole reason why I love "pit bulls" so much today! She is the reason I started to research them and got three of them! I'm really heartbroken right now! I feel like an old friend just got murdered!

Here is a picture of Vega..

It's not a very good picture, but it's the only one I have on my computer right now. She was the best dog!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 05:03 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,845,089 times
Very nice picture...I am sorry about Vega. I know how you feel. I had a wonderful dog friend back in Serbia, a Staffordshire Terrier, who was not murdered but passed aways too young. I was heart broken.

No offense, but I have no idea what your friend's Mom is doing with a guy like that?????????????????????????????????????Did she report him?

I am so sorry about your loss...Very pretty dog...

Old 08-03-2007, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastra View Post
Very nice picture...I am sorry about Vega. I know how you feel. I had a wonderful dog friend back in Serbia, a Staffordshire Terrier, who was not murdered but passed aways too young. I was heart broken.

No offense, but I have no idea what your friend's Mom is doing with a guy like that?????????????????????????????????????Did she report him?

I am so sorry about your loss...Very pretty dog...
Nope, she didn't report him and is not going to! Amanda told her that she was going to report Nick for killing Vega, but then Kathy said that if she did that she would say Nick did it to protect her, which is not true at all! No one is going to report it because we don't want it to get plastered all over the media and make Vega and all other "pit bulls" look bad! I think it is soo sad! Vega was doing what any dog would do and protecting her mommy and her mommy repays her by threatening to make up a horrible story about her so her abusive boyfriend won't get introuble! I'm sorry, but I don't have any respect for people like that!

Old 08-03-2007, 06:42 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,275,326 times
Did you ever stop & think she is protecting her & her daughters life. He just shot the dog how long before he shoots her. Why don't you help them to safety???

Old 08-03-2007, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't have any respect for people like that!
You shouldn't ether!!!If media is "normal enough" they would realize what noble thing that people did, and how he protected his mommy!!!Grrr, all that makes me mad!!!

Old 08-03-2007, 07:13 PM

960 posts, read 1,686,436 times
Wow... I am sorry for the loss of such a sweet looking dog.

From what you have written, I would venture to guess this woman is in a domestic violence situation.

He likely killed the dog to make his point that she could be next. Which would explain why she is standing by her man. It happens all the time unfortunately. Please offer your friend as much assistance as you can. Suggest getting her some help to get out of the situation as soon as possible.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:19 PM

Okay, I guess I need to add that Kathy (my best friend Amanda's mom) has been with this guy, Nick, on and off since Amanda was very young and solid for the past 9 years. Their relationship has always been like this and because of it Kathy lost Amanda when Amanda was younger. Amanda had to go live with her grandparents and they raised her. Kathy has chosen for years and years to stay with this guy. They have been in and out of court, jail, the hospital, etc and she still chooses to stay with him. I love Amanda and Kathy as if they were my "real" family and I have always been and will always be there for them and help them any way I can. If she chooses to stay with him, no one can do anything about it and trust me, we have all tried and tried and tried!

Old 08-03-2007, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbondated View Post
He likely killed the dog to make his point that she could be next. Which would explain why she is standing by her man. It happens all the time unfortunately. Please offer your friend as much assistance as you can. Suggest getting her some help to get out of the situation as soon as possible.
That's true. Unfortunately, there are some guys who are like that...

Old 08-03-2007, 07:24 PM

960 posts, read 1,686,436 times
I'm really sorry to hear that she is in that type of situation.

I'm sure she is grateful to have a friend in you, and I'm sure your continued support will help her. Don't ever give up on her.

My sincere hopes and wishes, is that she gets the opportunity to get out of that environment and has a better life.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbondated View Post
I'm really sorry to hear that she is in that type of situation.

I'm sure she is grateful to have a friend in you, and I'm sure your continued support will help her. Don't ever give up on her.

My sincere hopes and wishes, is that she gets the opportunity to get out of that environment and has a better life.
Yeah, it's definitely horrible, but she could easily get out of it. She always goes back knowing that nothing is ever going to change or get better. I'm to the point where I don't feel bad for her at all anymore because she can get away, but chooses time and time again not to! I went through two horrible relationships like that. Well, mine weren't as bad as Kathy and Nick, but these two guys were emotionally, verbally and physically abusive to me and on top of it, they each cheated several times. I thought that they would change and things would get better, but it just gets to the point where enough is enough and you have to do what is best for you, not stick around and keep trying to "fix" someone that doesn't want to be "fixed". For the longest time I felt bad for her, but now I really can't feel bad for her anymore! I will always be there for her no matter what, but I don't feel bad for her because she brings all of this on herself. I'm just very upset that Vega got killed for protecting her mommy! If someone chooses to be in a relationship like that, that's their choice, but it's crossing the line when you let it hurt any other living thing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs