Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 04:02 PM

2 posts, read 6,645 times

Advertisements

I have tried everything within reasonable limits to get rid of these warts. The largest is 2" across. WartsOff from Amazon will keep it in check height-wise but that's it. If I stop using WartsOff, they will grow in height but the width stays the same. Every night, I clean the warts on my poodles because the blood and pus can create a stink if I let it go.

Amazon.com: Wartsoff Wart Ointment, 4 oz.: Pet Supplies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 06:28 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,906,280 times
have you tried taking the dog to the vet?

Old 07-09-2015, 01:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
Codie has these in her mouth and lips. She's young (1ish, maybe a little older). She finished a 10-day course of Azithromycin yesterday, but they remain and, if anything, they are bigger than they were originally when I spotten them on July 27/28. I assume she was infected by the virus at doggie daycare.

Has anyone else had experience with these? Supposedly they will go away on their own over time, but how much time? Is there anything I should be doing?

She's on a food trial testing for allergies so I can't give her any food. I read a few things on blogs about L-lysine, but not from official vet sources. I don't think my vet really knows much about this condition.

Anyone knowledgable?

TIA
Try Googling Thuja for dogs, this is supposed to be great and will get rid of the warts. You can get pellets you give them or an ointment, I wish you good luck with your fur baby. Mine (two Shih Tzus) got them all over their bodies and I investigated this stuff and it is supposedly a miracle medication. It is over the counter and supposedly no side effects whatsoever so I plan to use it. Let us know if you use it how it works out. I hate these warts and have researched them a lot, supposedly non maligant but they sure do make a mess all over these babies. Good luck to you I hope this helps you to find a direction to get going on, and hopefully a cure.

Old 07-09-2015, 02:43 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,789,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilal1 View Post
Try Googling Thuja for dogs, this is supposed to be great and will get rid of the warts. You can get pellets you give them or an ointment, I wish you good luck with your fur baby. Mine (two Shih Tzus) got them all over their bodies and I investigated this stuff and it is supposedly a miracle medication. It is over the counter and supposedly no side effects whatsoever so I plan to use it. Let us know if you use it how it works out. I hate these warts and have researched them a lot, supposedly non maligant but they sure do make a mess all over these babies. Good luck to you I hope this helps you to find a direction to get going on, and hopefully a cure.
Hopefully the OP has found an answer. The thread is from 2010.

I would not give any medication to a dog based on Internet research without first checking with your vet. In addition, herbal supplements are not regulated so who knows what else could be in the pellets or ointment.

Old 07-09-2015, 03:46 PM

380 posts, read 655,171 times
My dog got this when he was around a year old. They went away on their own quickly.

Old 09-07-2023, 04:51 PM

11,094 posts, read 6,998,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
Just an update.

I first noticed the "things" on Codie's lip on July 23. They are warts.

It's now September 9 and they are almost gone. We did 14 days of azithromycin and that did nothing.

Then on August 25, I gave her 1 Thuja occidentalis pellet (30cc, and available at Whole Foods.) The warts started to get smaller.

Three of them were almost gone, but one was still significantly large. So on September 5, I gave her one more pellet of thuja. Last night she was scratching her lip with her paw and hit the wart site. It bled (a lot) but now the wart is really small compared to what it was (~3mm).

My conclusion is that the Thuja occidentalis probably did work. I read online that the dosage should be one 30cc pellet, and then after 2 weeks, one more pellet if the first round didn't work. Knowing what I know now, I would not spend the $ on azithromycin again. I would try the Thuja occidentalis first (about $6). I sure will be glad when the warts are completely gone so I can resume her doggie daycare! I'm hoping that a week from now they will have vanished.
My dog has a papilloma behind her right ear at the base of the outer ear. It's been there a while. It started bleeding, and there would be a lot of crusty blood. I asked the vet about it, and she waved it off: "lots of older dogs get papillomas, it's nothing to worry about."

After much research, I decided to try piercing a Vitamin E perle 400 I.U. morning and night, gently rubbing it on the area. She no longer has bleeding, and the papilloma has shrunk. It did take a while, but it's working. I think it's going to keep shrinking. It's been around for a while and it didn't go away on its own. It was getting bigger, so I decided to use this home remedy. I used Wound Wash, getting rid of the dried blood before applying the Vitamin E.

I would also try Thuja as well, but I already had the Vitamin E on hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs