Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 10:48 AM

454 posts, read 763,522 times

Advertisements

To the nay-sayers on this post, if you are under the age of 55, believe me, you are in for a shock as you get older.

I have been healthy and thin all of my life, know all about food, protein, carbs, I weight-train, run, ride horses, and run up and down stairs daily. Lots of walking.

For the past 10 years I have been trying to lose 20 pounds that crept up on me slowly. I track calories on Loseit!, exercise daily, drink water, blah, blah, blah. I've had my thyroid checked several times. Can't lose weight no matter what. Gained on Weight Watchers and South Beach.

I am trying S4L this week.

You may think that people who can't lose weight just don't know what they are doing. But plenty of people are doing all of the right things and stay the same NO MATTER WHAT. I wouldn't believe it either if it did not happen to me. I am down to 950 calories a day.

Hopefully, some human support will help. If you are young or youngish, you can't imagine how difficult and frustrating it can be to diet and diet and diet and stay the same.

BTW, I am female and 65 years old, appear to be about 55, and play all sports, work full time, and am super active.

Be kind to others fighting the fight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2017, 06:28 PM

1 posts, read 5,224 times
I joined the Hurst location a few weeks ago. I have already lost 13 pounds (according to my scale) but only 9 by theirs. My problem is with the supplements (bars and drinks). Everything has fructose or sucralose in it. I told the counselor at my initial visit that I could not do ANY form of sugar because it causes sever muscle cramps. She assured me that there was no sugar in any of their products. So, like a big dummy, I joined for a whopping $650 and went back three days later for my "initial order of products" and purchased $369.00 of drinks, pills and bars. I cannot take the release because it causes me to lose way too much potassium. The Slim 700 causes my heart to race. The B12 has honey in it and gives me headaches. The Boost and fiber make me nauseous. Okay, so I feel better. My knees don't hurt. I've dropped LOTS of water weight, but I think that is all I have lost. My lips are dry. My hair is dry and brittle. My skin is flakey and dry. And I'm drinking 5 16-oz bottles of water, 2 Quench drinks, 2 Boosts and eating what they said to eat. And I am up every single night with SEVERE leg, back and arm cramps. And I'm not talking just minor cramps. My muscles spasm so hard they are sore to the touch for a couple of days.

Does their program work? I would say yes. Reduced calorie intake always works. Starvation and dehydration are not good for the body, however. I called the office and spoke to one of the counselors and asked if I could exchange 8 unopened boxes of the Slim Snacks and she said no. I just wanted to get some of the snacks that don't have sugar in them. Now I'm stuck with all this product I can't use and a plan I cannot follow, except for the food and water. I feel like they lied to me to get me to buy their product.

I was on LA Weightloss at one time and did lose lots of weight, but felt like just a cog in their money wheel. And the weight came back once I started eating something besides steamed broccoli and boiled chicken. And it was almost exactly the same plan as Slim4Life.

I would actually cut my losses if I were you and just watch your sugar, salt, carb and fat intake and drink plenty of water. That is what I am going to do. I hate having cramps all night long! My apartment complex has a good gym so I am going to just do what I know to do. Who knows. I paid for the program for 28 weeks, so I may just go in and talk to them every few days and get weighed in.

But good luck with your weight loss. Don't give up!

Old 12-23-2017, 09:30 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,489,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marga17 View Post
I joined the Hurst location a few weeks ago. I have already lost 13 pounds (according to my scale) but only 9 by theirs. My problem is with the supplements (bars and drinks). Everything has fructose or sucralose in it. I told the counselor at my initial visit that I could not do ANY form of sugar because it causes sever muscle cramps. She assured me that there was no sugar in any of their products.

And I am up every single night with SEVERE leg, back and arm cramps. And I'm not talking just minor cramps. My muscles spasm so hard they are sore to the touch for a couple of days.
Not sure if they lied to you, or if they hire "counselors" who have no idea that -ose is sugar. Whichever it is, it really sucks that you paid so much for something you specifically told them you didn't want.

I get really bad leg and foot cramps eating sugar or alcohol too. This stuff works super well for me. I can feel when I go to bed whether I'm going to cramp or not, so I only apply when they're setting in. Some people apply every day, but I'm cheap so I use only when it's necessary.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XD2YSX1...S6R3X7ZTR&th=1

Old 04-30-2018, 06:28 AM

1 posts, read 5,024 times
Will be interested in seeing what happens and good luck.

Old 09-12-2018, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 4,776 times
this weight loss plan is more geared towards those that have unhealthier eating habits (fast foods, etc). the plans are individualized based on how much weight you're trying to lose, if you exercise on a daily basis, wo/man, age, etc. once that has been taken care, you have your plan with what foods you are "allowed" to eat. the foods you can eat are specific amounts of proteins, starch, fats, veggies, & snacks. if you follow the program to a t, those lbs are guaranteed to fall off because the person has already switched from consuming 3000+ calories a day, to the necessary 2000 or below calories a day. it's basically a beginners weight loss program. at certain locations, there are actual nutritionists, but for the most part, everyone basically is just considered to be a "weight counselor". i'd say try it out, if you're skeptical, so you can at least formulate an opinion on your own rather than basing it off someone saying that it was a waste of money. losing weight takes hard work & dedication. maybe it just wasn't worth it to that person.

Old 09-13-2018, 11:47 AM

289 posts, read 248,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roskybosky View Post
To the nay-sayers on this post, if you are under the age of 55, believe me, you are in for a shock as you get older.

I have been healthy and thin all of my life, know all about food, protein, carbs, I weight-train, run, ride horses, and run up and down stairs daily. Lots of walking.

For the past 10 years I have been trying to lose 20 pounds that crept up on me slowly. I track calories on Loseit!, exercise daily, drink water, blah, blah, blah. I've had my thyroid checked several times. Can't lose weight no matter what. Gained on Weight Watchers and South Beach.

I am trying S4L this week.

You may think that people who can't lose weight just don't know what they are doing. But plenty of people are doing all of the right things and stay the same NO MATTER WHAT. I wouldn't believe it either if it did not happen to me. I am down to 950 calories a day.

Hopefully, some human support will help. If you are young or youngish, you can't imagine how difficult and frustrating it can be to diet and diet and diet and stay the same.

BTW, I am female and 65 years old, appear to be about 55, and play all sports, work full time, and am super active.

Be kind to others fighting the fight.
Your not counting your calories correctly no way very common

Old 09-18-2018, 06:53 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,015,603 times
I am all for any program that helps people lose weight and learn healthier eating habits. It's really hard to maintain those healthy eating habits, so it really is important to think of it as a lifestyle change rather than a diet. I sometimes think of it as "my diet" as opposed to "a diet".

Want cake -- no thanks, not in my diet.
Want a candy bar -- oh, I don't do sugar, but thanks!
How about going out for ice cream -- sure, I can probably buy myself a water than and enjoy your company!

Old 09-18-2018, 10:10 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,475,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy_C View Post
I am all for any program that helps people lose weight and learn healthier eating habits. It's really hard to maintain those healthy eating habits, so it really is important to think of it as a lifestyle change rather than a diet. I sometimes think of it as "my diet" as opposed to "a diet".

Want cake -- no thanks, not in my diet.
Want a candy bar -- oh, I don't do sugar, but thanks!
How about going out for ice cream -- sure, I can probably buy myself a water than and enjoy your company!
I agree, but after dealing with dieting several times in the past with no success, this time around I deliberately don't say "No thanks, not in my diet". That implies that there is restriction and I just don't do well with restriction. That just sets me up for failure when presented with situations that take me out of my diet zone. I can't live in a diet bubble, where I only consume foods "in my diet". I can and will eat cake and candy bars. When and how much I choose to consume is what's up to me. Of course, this varies from person to person. Some people can handle restrictive dieting and structured dieting more than others.

Besides exercise, the only reason I've been able to keep the weight off is by allowing myself things.

Old 04-24-2019, 01:44 PM

1 posts, read 3,732 times
Thank you for sharing your story. What type of diet is this program? Keto or Paleo? Do you really need all those supplements?
Any feedback is appreciated.

Old 06-19-2019, 04:38 PM

1 posts, read 3,222 times
Default slim4life -hows it working

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdevan View Post
So, I have been steadily gaining 3-5 lbs for about 20 years off and on and I was about 100lbs over weight. I started working out and watching what I drink and eat and lost about 10 lbs in the past 3 weeks, but I have been through this before. I would lose 8-15 lbs and then be stuck and give up. (don't get me wrong I have tried diets/workouts for 12 months with no more than 18lbs loss).

I am doing a journal/blog of me building a home in another thread and I decided I would do the same for Slim4Life. If this becomes boring I can stop, if people want to hear let me know. I am sure Slim4Life wont like this post at first because I am telling you their pricing, which they wont like.

The advertisement for Slim4Life is on many radio stations. I personally heard about it on 94.9 KLTY. This whole "$99 for parent enrollment and child is free" kind of thing. Well, I decided to go there yesterday.

I went in to the Plano office and spoke with a very nice lady named Chris. She showed me around the office of how many people are losing weight right now (I am betting the board had 80+ names on it) and how much they had lost this week etc. This was really nice and encouraging.

The entire time I am in there I hear lots of people coming in and being congratulated for losing 2-5 lbs this week.

Now, they have a home version that is a bit cheaper but less of a "promise". Here is where that $99 gets thrown out the window (it's just to get you in the door).

So, once you have the "chat" (basically how wonderful their plan is and how it works and it does seem to be a very good plan) they decide to tell you how much the "Premium" plan is.

So, the first "Premium" plan for "me" was 'normally $681' I believe they dropped it to $560 or something on sale. Now, everyone here can laugh and admit this is not even remotely close to the $99 special and this is just the first month.

In Slim4Life's defense i will break down what it covers. They said they would 'guarantee' me to lose the 85lbs I want to lose in 20 weeks, plus 6 weeks of stabilization and 26 weeks of maintaining the weight loss. So, a years worth of counseling is included in this price and 80% of the first months pills, snacks, drinks etc.

Once you baulk at this plan they have 3 others to offer you. $469, I think $410 and $343. Each step down drops a few pills, weeks or snack offerings. I believe they have more options as well, but I decided to go big...(pun intended).

I chose the $469 plan and also added the snacks/pills to cover the entire month. Grand total? $620! Ouch...

I go in for my "Dietician Meeting"(1 hour I am told) next week and, as I said initially, I can keep people up to date on how this works or not works if they wish. I am all in on this. I have 3 children and a wonderful wife. I am tired of being overweight and not being able to do some things with them.

I can even start posting pics if people want to know how this goes! Wish me luck!
so hows it going at slim4life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss