Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2010, 06:07 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,392,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwo85 View Post
What Dateline NBC failed too show for Detroit homes.

Wow! did you take them yourself? and if so what areas? I see Jefferson Village but what are the others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 07:16 AM

1,107 posts, read 3,070,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
Wow! did you take them yourself? and if so what areas? I see Jefferson Village but what are the others?
Joseph Barry Subdivision

I wish I could of had the chance to take pictures in Sherwood Forest neighborhood on the west side last month when I was in that neighborhood, but I was on the clock for work.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:28 AM

578 posts, read 2,529,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatherineM View Post
Is it possible to request pictures?I would love to see current picture or video footage of the GAR building,The Grande Ballroom or other such historical yet dilapidated places.Especially if those places have restoration potential and are for sale.
Katherine;;;;; read my post above yours. Go to the youtube pages and type in "Louder Then Love" the Grande Ballroom. There is plenty there if only you try the searches, instead of asking others to to do the work for you. lol

Old 09-13-2010, 09:35 AM

Isn't it ironic tht all the white faces that are shown flooding the downtown area DO NOT LIVE IN DETROIT!?! Plenty of "nice place to visit, but I wouldnt wanna live there". Also, the niced newly built homes on those streets? NOT MANY CAN AFFORD THEM. Unfortunately there are too many of the 'other' type of streets (with only one raggedy house) on them, lites & trash removal for houses tht dont exist anymore. Too bad, so sad.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:40 AM

Yah, but Palmer Park & Sherwood Forest are NOT DETROIT, they are on the edge at Seven Mile Rd...only a tiny few blocks....John Salley owned a home there, his mama, some doctors, lawyers & preachers can afford the multi-million dollar mansions that are in Sherwood Forest Neighborhood. Then when you leave your driveway, where do they go to the store? PAST THE "LITTLE BEIRUT" area of 7 Mile, out Woodward Ave. to Oakland County to the grocery stores, Trader Joe's, Kroger's, or to Oak Park (which has turned into a jungle) mostly now. I recntly went house shopping, and they are most ugly and really bad in Oak Park, along that area adjoining Detroit that used to be where ppl could go to get away from the sirens, gunshots, B&E, etc.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:21 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,392,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeleenieWeenie View Post
Yah, but Palmer Park & Sherwood Forest are NOT DETROIT, they are on the edge at Seven Mile Rd...only a tiny few blocks....John Salley owned a home there, his mama, some doctors, lawyers & preachers can afford the multi-million dollar mansions that are in Sherwood Forest Neighborhood. Then when you leave your driveway, where do they go to the store? PAST THE "LITTLE BEIRUT" area of 7 Mile, out Woodward Ave. to Oakland County to the grocery stores, Trader Joe's, Kroger's, or to Oak Park (which has turned into a jungle) mostly now. I recntly went house shopping, and they are most ugly and really bad in Oak Park, along that area adjoining Detroit that used to be where ppl could go to get away from the sirens, gunshots, B&E, etc.
You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Palmer Park and Sherwood Forest not Detroit???? lmao. The dividing line between Detroit and the suburbs in 8mile not 7mile. So if you're on 7mile you're probly still in Detroit (with the exception of Livinoia). And Palmer Park and Sherwood Forest are in city limits and actually start at 6mile.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:05 AM

14 posts, read 88,399 times
Attached Thumbnails
Where are the pics of Detroit ?-4.jpg  

Old 11-10-2010, 08:24 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
Thumbnails of Detroit - I wish I could make them larger for you though!

Nontheless...
Attached Thumbnails
Where are the pics of Detroit ?-michigan-212.jpg   Where are the pics of Detroit ?-michigan-223.jpg   Where are the pics of Detroit ?-michigan-234.jpg   Where are the pics of Detroit ?-michigan-238.jpg   Where are the pics of Detroit ?-michigan-242.jpg  

Where are the pics of Detroit ?-michigan-245.jpg   Where are the pics of Detroit ?-michigan-247.jpg   Where are the pics of Detroit ?-michigan-248.jpg   Where are the pics of Detroit ?-michigan-255.jpg  

Old 11-11-2010, 03:15 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,070,674 times
Is this a suburb? naw just Driving thru a Detroit west side neighborhood.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:37 PM

1,900 posts, read 5,904,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwo85 View Post
Is this a suburb? naw just Driving thru a Detroit west side neighborhood.
8 and Telegraph area? I can still tell it's Detroit...two things:
1. Big white globe coach lights in front yards. (Check out Ryan just south of 8...50's ranches, nearly every one has one of these.)
2. Cheap asphalt street, asphalt going over the driveway approaches.

Another dead giveaway (not in this picture, though) are the Detroit streetlights and fixtures as most are very uncommon anywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit