Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2023, 12:51 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,772,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by less than usual View Post
I keep my car in the garage but the garage is even with the house and not in the backyard. This set up makes things nice alright in the wintertime but come springtime there is salt and dirt stains all over the floor where the car gets parked.
There are lots of Bigfoot home built in Dearborn too. An ordnance was passed to prohibit these from being built.I was quite surprised to notice these enormous homes being built anyway. Wealthy Middle Easterners usually build these. Not for resale.
The only car we keep in our garage is a toy that i am working on (1973 Jensen Healey). We parking in the garage a few times, but it is hard to get out of the car. Some garages are wider, ours is not. It can hold 3 card but not side by side. I had a Camaro Z28 for a while and the long doors could nto be opened int he garage. I had to stop and remove the t-tops before pulling into the garage then I could climb out through the roof. For much of our time here, we had 7-9 cars so they were not all going to fin in the garage anyway (5 kids mom, dad = 7 cars plus a spare, plus the Jensen).

We store all sorts of things in the garage, just not cars.

Riding mower, and two push mowers, snow blower, rotor tiller (sometimes, often left outside), weed whackers, chain saws, pruners, shovels, rakes, axes, mauls, table saw, miter saw, winter tires, life jackets and paddles, 500 flags on 10' poles (community project), materials that we will use on the house eventually, fertilizer spreader, various lawn chemicals, gasoline, kerosene, car fluids, pool stuff, a 90 year old stove that i am restoring, car tools, woodworking tools, electrical tools, painting tools, camping gears (a lot of camping gear), fasteners, chicken food and bedding, left over lumber to use later, dog kennels, furniture that i need to repair, hydraulic floor jacks, jack stands, . . .

Where would I put a car?

Last edited by Coldjensens; 06-12-2023 at 01:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2023, 05:44 PM

61 posts, read 44,903 times
Default Funny stuff,

Well Coldjensens we have pretty much the same stuff except for the flags. Plus I have three Craftsman tool chests, two tool benches, a closet full of carharts and the like. Yea I have an old 2002 Mercury
Cop Car (outside), very rare. A 1972 Sportster, a 7500 watt elec. gen. and other stuff. (misc.) With a Triple City lot comes a large collection of lawn gear. A core aerator hanging off a come-a-long from the rafters, riding mower , edger, trimmer, fert. spreader an Ariens snowthrower and chain saws. This is an old garage so it came with its' own furnace since new. Yes, it is a big finished garage alright. The floor is asphalt, evidently paved at the same time as the driveway. I painted the garage floor.
With still enough room for an SUV and in the wintertime, the patio furniture. The garage was as much a part of the reason for buying this house as was the huge yard for the kids back when they were home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
The only car we keep in our garage is a toy that i am working on (1973 Jensen Healey). We parking in the garage a few times, but it is hard to get out of the car. Some garages are wider, ours is not. It can hold 3 card but not side by side. I had a Camaro Z28 for a while and the long doors could nto be opened int he garage. I had to stop and remove the t-tops before pulling into the garage then I could climb out through the roof. For much of our time here, we had 7-9 cars so they were not all going to fin in the garage anyway (5 kids mom, dad = 7 cars plus a spare, plus the Jensen).

We store all sorts of things in the garage, just not cars.

Riding mower, and two push mowers, snow blower, rotor tiller (sometimes, often left outside), weed whackers, chain saws, pruners, shovels, rakes, axes, mauls, table saw, miter saw, winter tires, life jackets and paddles, 500 flags on 10' poles (community project), materials that we will use on the house eventually, fertilizer spreader, various lawn chemicals, gasoline, kerosene, car fluids, pool stuff, a 90 year old stove that i am restoring, car tools, woodworking tools, electrical tools, painting tools, camping gears (a lot of camping gear), fasteners, chicken food and bedding, left over lumber to use later, dog kennels, furniture that i need to repair, hydraulic floor jacks, jack stands, . . .

Where would I put a car?

Old 08-02-2023, 09:31 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,606,822 times
I lived in royal oak for about a year a few years ago, it was a trip to suddenly see one of these houses on a block of nice single story homes.

They always struck me not only as a bit of an eyesore, but the build quality seemed really cheap. They'd appear nice, but looking closely they were almost kind of bizarre looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit