Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 09:03 PM

202 posts, read 252,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifersam777 View Post
It's just me and my partner. No children. No worries about school. I don't mind the Arab culture. In fact, I like the hookah bars, Arabic restaurants, bakeries, delis and grocery stores, since I'm a foodie, and like to cook ethnic cuisine of all kinds. We are not religious at all, (except to maybe sometimes attend Catholic mass on Christmas). I'm not easily offended if my neighborhood isn't all WASP Christians, Muslim, Hindu or non religious or whatever. People's religion is their own business, as long as they don't shove it down my throat. So none of those things bother me. However, what DOES bother me is worrying if my car is going to be where I parked it the next day. Worrying about coming home to find a robbery has taken place, or being held up at gunpoint, or not being able to go for a walk on a nice afternoon. It's crime that concerns me. Nothing else. The area I was thinking about buying is around Homeplace St, Bailey St, near Crowley Park. Small, cheap homes big enough for 2 people. I just want to be safe.
That area is pretty stable.

Id mostly stay away from the southern portion of Wyoming. In Porath Park, theres only about a half dozen houses left because the neighborhood is contaminated. That way east, though. Wyoming/Dix is not particularly dangerous, but property values arent good because the residential streets are surrounded by industrial areas and are under the smoke of the Ford plant.

Also, the triangle of Wyoming/Lonyo/Warren (shaddick, whitlock, etc) is run down with a lot of houses disappearing with nothing built to replace the demolitions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2020, 05:37 PM

592 posts, read 829,859 times
I've been to Dearborn several times, usually in the Arab majority section. It's a typical mid west town. The crime rate is pretty low compared to most American cities and the thought of crime has never crossed my mind. The talk of 'sharia law " would be comical if some people didn't believe such fairytales. The Arab community(which includes many Arab Christians) has brought in lots of grocery stores, restaurants, lounges, etc. A very large percentage obtain 4 year degrees. Yes, it's a little more conservative than most communities but it definitely isn't the middle east lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit