Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 03:42 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,661,012 times

Advertisements

Probably most of us know about the wonderful "Funland" on the Boardwalk of Rehoboth Beach. The kids love it. It is inexpensive, and a small bunch of tickets lasted me two days, with two kids!
Look for the Funland on Delaware Ave, in Rehoboth Beach.

I am wondering how many vacationers know about Jungle Jims
Adventure World. It is the largest family amusement park in the area and offers a bunch of family fun for all ages.
They have a new kids "sprayground" that sounds like a good deal of fun. The water park is open 10AM to 8PM everyday.
Go-carts, mini golf, and batting cages are open later.
www.funatjunglejims.com

Killens Pond Water Park is at the State Park of the same name.
They have a zero depth entrance, mushroom fountain, and lap lanes. There is a floating lily pad fun walk. Also a pool with interactive water features. All ages can head to this park.
In the town of Felton, DE.

Try White Water Mountain!
This has a race track and is for all ages also. This is a games and water amusement park. It has 4 tracks, 3 for kids.
Can you handle the mega fast Sprint Karts? Go ahead, race like the pros.
There is 3 flumes for innner tubing. Play and walk through the
smoking volcano. ( Summering walked around a real, genuine volcano once........just two weeks later it erupted! Whew!)
This is on Hwy One, Rehoboth Beach.

Takes whats left of your summer and give these a try.........
The lunch pails, and bookbags are on the shelves already!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 12:14 AM

903 posts, read 3,505,302 times
Wow, Summering... what great information! Perfect for vacationers, and newcomers alike! We've been here almost a year, and I have to confess we've only taken the kids to ONE on the list!

Thanks for the post! Hope others at least read it, and perhaps comment along the way.

Mary

Old 08-01-2008, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
Wow, Summering... what great information! Perfect for vacationers, and newcomers alike! We've been here almost a year, and I have to confess we've only taken the kids to ONE on the list!

Thanks for the post! Hope others at least read it, and perhaps comment along the way.

Mary
Well Mary, I bet it was the Funpark on the Boardwalk! The kids just love it. I spent so little for those tickets for the twins. Plus, the tickets lasted two days. We'd like them to be a bit older for the other attractions in your area ,but the Killans Water Park sounds like a good outting. There is camping there too. Some cabins, and other tenting that look like they make for a good overnight or two.

Old 08-01-2008, 06:58 AM

271 posts, read 995,460 times
Summering,

Good post! I certainly do remember taking our children to Funland many years ago, and my husband and I still go to Killens Pond at times, though we like to focus on the pond (lake) these days. That's a beautiful area.

Annie

Old 08-01-2008, 01:25 PM

Hi Summering,

You guessed wrong... Killens Pond water park/pool is the one we've been to. The boys don't know about the stuff at the beach... what they don't know don't hurt 'em, right??

Mary

Old 08-01-2008, 05:21 PM

LOL, I did! How did you like the Killens Pond? I am reading such fun talk about it.
I'd like to take the twins and camp there.
They were wonderful in Lancaster at that waterpark, and at the Sights and Sounds theater. They are a good age for enjoying this type of thing.
( your right, what they don't know won't hurt 'em )

Old 08-03-2008, 12:19 PM

I too would love to get the kids to camp at Killens Pond, or any other state park type area. I myself love camping, but have gotten too old for roughin' it TOO much!

Now, our younger 2 kids, seem "ripe for the pickin" about camping... we may trip that adventure once the temps drop a little. Perhaps September, or even early October would be perfect timing.

One of my friends off the forum, Nancy, enjoys camping at or near Bethany Beach... don't know exactly where, but I get the impression it involves a small camper or something. Now THAT is more what I'd like, even erecting a tent, etc. gets hard on this ole gal!

Glad to hear the twins are coming of age that they are easier to get out and about. I love the wonder in their age... still quite innocent and full of awe and wonder at all things new. Enjoy them all you can... as everyone knows, this time passes WAY too quickly!

Mary

Old 03-24-2012, 05:32 AM

1,793 posts, read 3,349,587 times
As a "non-traditional" vactioner, I posted a while back about sometime visiting the Broadkill Beach area with my dog. Still haven't done it, but if any of you have been there in the last year or so, I'd love to read about your experience. I was thinking mid-May.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:43 PM

103 posts, read 360,471 times
Killens Pond is very nice and clean. The pool can get extremely crowded on weekends, but it's nice. We love walking our dog on the trails.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:46 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,187,182 times
Cape Henlopen State Park will be adding six rental cabins this year. Looks like a week minimun in the summer.
Cape park cabins coming; slumping snow fence exiting - Dennis Forney - CapeGazette.com - Covering Delaware's Cape Region - Inland Bays, Atlantic Ocean, Rehoboth Beach, Lewes, Milton, Dewey Beach, USA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware