Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 02:36 PM

128 posts, read 347,559 times

Advertisements

Confused...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2019, 11:14 PM

74 posts, read 175,999 times
We always said Camden-Wyoming

Old 03-31-2019, 11:59 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,239,344 times
All in Delaware knows its Camden, New Jersey ......

Old 04-01-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allniter89 View Post
We always said Camden-Wyoming
Is that what people use in their addresses in official stuff and does the Post Office recognize it, too, as a "city" for mail delivery? Or utilities, businesses, etc.?

Just curious...thanks!

Old 04-01-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
All in Delaware knows its Camden, New Jersey ......
Glad to know I'm not the only one confused...

Old 04-01-2019, 09:34 AM

9,719 posts, read 14,256,523 times
There's a Wyoming, Delaware and there's a Camden, Delaware. Each of these towns has its own government, own police force, and their own tax structure. Each of these towns shares the same school district, the same post office, and the same fire company. W.B. Simpson School is in the Town of Wyoming. Caesar Rodney High School, Fifer Middle School, and Nellie Stokes School are all in the Town of Camden. The North-South dividing line between these 2 towns is Caesar Rodney Avenue. To add to your confusion, each of these towns has the same zip code 19934. That zip code covers areas outside of these 2 towns also, like Wild Quail Country Club....(has a 19934 zip code, and a Wyoming address). These 2 towns (Camden and Wyoming) are linked together East-West by Camden-Wyoming, Avenue. I live in the Town of Wyoming, DE 19934 zip code, and pay Town of Wyoming taxes, and support our great police force. I constantly correct people.....we are not in Camden-Wyoming, Delaware, even though the post office says so in their 911 address system. We are in Wyoming, Delaware, and distance ourselves from Camden . By the way, coming from Rt. 13 on Camden-Wyoming Avenue traveling west through Camden, you'll know you're in Wyoming because there's a WELCOME TO WYOMING sign at the intersection of Camden-Wyoming Avenue and Caesar Rodney Avenue.

Old 04-01-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
There's a Wyoming, Delaware and there's a Camden, Delaware. Each of these towns has its own government, own police force, and their own tax structure. Each of these towns shares the same school district, the same post office, and the same fire company. W.B. Simpson School is in the Town of Wyoming. Caesar Rodney High School, Fifer Middle School, and Nellie Stokes School are all in the Town of Camden. The North-South dividing line between these 2 towns is Caesar Rodney Avenue. To add to your confusion, each of these towns has the same zip code 19934. That zip code covers areas outside of these 2 towns also, like Wild Quail Country Club....(has a 19934 zip code, and a Wyoming address). These 2 towns (Camden and Wyoming) are linked together East-West by Camden-Wyoming, Avenue. I live in the Town of Wyoming, DE 19934 zip code, and pay Town of Wyoming taxes, and support our great police force. I constantly correct people.....we are not in Camden-Wyoming, Delaware, even though the post office says so in their 911 address system. We are in Wyoming, Delaware, and distance ourselves from Camden . By the way, coming from Rt. 13 on Camden-Wyoming Avenue traveling west through Camden, you'll know you're in Wyoming because there's a WELCOME TO WYOMING sign at the intersection of Camden-Wyoming Avenue and Caesar Rodney Avenue.
Wow...such fantastic information!! This is exactly what I was hoping to learn about this "Camden-Wyoming" thing. Confused no more. Thank you kindly.

My searching has been skewing in Sussex County's direction, but have also opened the aperture to include the area that includes, Camden, Wyoming, and Magnolia (etc.). Been seeing some nice properties. I appreciate it.

Old 04-01-2019, 12:44 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,099,795 times
And I was waiting patiently for RDLR to reply because I knew the right answer would be given.

Old 04-01-2019, 05:07 PM

9,719 posts, read 14,256,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
And I was waiting patiently for RDLR to reply because I knew the right answer would be given.
Thanks, nuts! We know the "right" answers regarding Delaware don't come from the Silly Philly Fanatic!

Last edited by rdlr; 04-01-2019 at 05:25 PM..

Old 04-02-2019, 09:17 AM

492 posts, read 486,745 times
Thanks rdlr. That was really cool info. I was debating the same question in my mind for past few weeks since i am also looking at the area for relocation.
Since you live in Wyoming, can you give an idea about N Railroad Avenue. How is that street? How busy is it? is street parking allowed there? I came to know through one of my distant contacts that someone is planning to put his house on rent on that street. And I also see an old house listed on the street though it requires reasonable work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware