Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2010, 01:11 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,530,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Hello, my dear friends! I have missed youall SO much! I was without a computer for a long time and have been having some stroke-related health problems, but I'm doing better now. I cant stay tonight but wanted to introduce you to the lovely 8-year old rescue doberman who's coming to live with me a week from tomorrow.

I had planned to wait until I retire at the end of the year before getting a dog again, but I went to the website of the local rescue group this past weekend and "Queenie"s eyes just stole my heart. She was kept as a breeding machine and, when she couldnt produce any longer, she was given up. I havent met her yet but her eyes told me all I need to know. She's supposedly good with small dogs, cats and kids. I'm so excited. I just had to come here and let you know!
She will definitely be a loyal friend! You are good-hearted!

Boy, we have missed you and hope that you are getting better! All this time I just thought you were pulling double-time at work to pick up the slack from the person who didn't work out or new person who wasn't trained yet or whatever the situation...

Old 06-25-2010, 05:31 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Good Morning!!

Please make sure to go to Ketabcha's STAR PARTY!!
//www.city-data.com/forum/commu...tar-texas.html
I'm heading there myself as soon as I check a few freebie leads.

Great to see you TFW!! We really miss you around here. Queenie looks like a wonderful new friend. I can't wait for you to tell us all about her in the weeks to come! I'm also glad you are feeling better.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:20 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Thought I would give you all a laugh today:
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff237/mareesme/Vintage%20and%20Funny%20Stuff/vintagesilly8.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-25-2010, 07:29 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,437,282 times
Yay, TFW is back! And with a new friend ... missed ya!

Old 06-25-2010, 07:31 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,437,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Thought I would give you all a laugh today:
I don't want to brag or make anybody jealous or anything, but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school.

Hee.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:40 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,005,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Hello, my dear friends! I have missed youall SO much! I was without a computer for a long time and have been having some stroke-related health problems, but I'm doing better now. I cant stay tonight but wanted to introduce you to the lovely 8-year old rescue doberman who's coming to live with me a week from tomorrow.

I had planned to wait until I retire at the end of the year before getting a dog again, but I went to the website of the local rescue group this past weekend and "Queenie"s eyes just stole my heart. She was kept as a breeding machine and, when she couldnt produce any longer, she was given up. I havent met her yet but her eyes told me all I need to know. She's supposedly good with small dogs, cats and kids. I'm so excited. I just had to come here and let you know!
HOWDY, HOWDY, HOWDY!! You look great! You have been so missed. You new addition looks wonderful and lucky to have you. come back soon on a regular basis.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:43 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,328,033 times
Oh goodie, goodie. TFW is back with us. You sure have been missed. I'm glad you are feeling better.

Thank you for saving a life. Queenie is precious. You two will be good company for each other. I really believe that pets are the strongest healing factors in the world. I know I love mine.

TFW, I'm glad to hear you are retiring this year. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. It's been total heaven since I retired nearly 3 years ago. I never dreamed I could be this happy and serene. You go, Girl. You and Queenie are going to love it.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalara View Post
i don't want to brag or make anybody jealous or anything, but i can still fit into the earrings i wore in high school.

Hee.
:d:d:d

Here is my Edit: Hey, those are supposed to be laughing smileys.....what's going on here? grrrr..

Thanks for the laugh, Gand...you're bad.....ROFL!

Old 06-25-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
HOWDY, HOWDY, HOWDY!! You look great! You have been so missed. You new addition looks wonderful and lucky to have you. come back soon on a regular basis.
What do you mean 'you look great!'. That was a picture of the dog, not her! Are you still taking pain killers? (okay, now this is the laughing smiley again......let's see if it works.......)

Old 06-25-2010, 01:27 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,005,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
What do you mean 'you look great!'. That was a picture of the dog, not her! Are you still taking pain killers? (okay, now this is the laughing smiley again......let's see if it works.......)
I just read that... have no idea what I meant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff