Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 10:53 AM

2,554 posts, read 6,914,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srm5107 View Post
I will be moving to the Dayton area for work in January and am also 22 years old. The person i am taking over for recommended the greene area but also mentioned the Cannery in downtown as a possible place. I am looking for pretty much the same things as movingsoon

If anyone has some insight on where the best area to live would be please let me know.

Thanks
The Greene is a big lifestyle center located in Beavercreek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 02:15 PM

390 posts, read 1,050,176 times
good nightlife options-
Club Masque (Gay District)---- gay bar but it won't feel that way, pretty much 75% straight, It's ranked one of the best clubs in the midwest. And its THE club of Dayton. Even Cincy ppl are jealous we have this club. Go on a Saturday or Wednesday night.
Vex (Gay District)------ Like dubstep, something a little more high energy? Awesome music here. Cool lounge/hangout.
Pulse (Oregon District) ------ weekends only, nice inside
Therapy Cafe (Webster Station/Gay District) ----- trendy chic spot below the Cannery with classy folks
MJ's (Gay District)----- another gay bar but some of the BEST drinks in Dayton. If you're straight, great place to get hit on by a guy and have his best girlfriend Tatiana take you home!
SideBar (Oregon District)---- for a casual drink at a classy venue and soft music in the background
Ned Peppers(Oregon District)---- want to get shmammered??
Blind Bobs(Oregon District)---- walk across the street and get even more shmammered
Newcom's Tavern(Oregon District)----- Oregon District pregamer for cool cats in Dayton
Boulevard Haus(Oregon District)---- good place for a date, not a good place to get waisty waisted
Hammerjax(Gay District)-----your usual classic Jersey Shore style techno club with a whole bunch of girls getting nasty on the dance floor
The Vault (Gay District)----- Classy venue, nice, where you'd see someone famous randomly in the V.I.P. room
Wiley's(Oregon District)-----comedy club with an urban grit that hits the chuckle box juuuuust right
Dublin Pub (Oregon District)-----where alcoholics mingle and eat comfort food all day (St. Patties day is shameless)

Old 12-20-2011, 04:42 AM

8 posts, read 12,211 times
you have the greene as your description lol, its like a little peice of NYC aka the big apple in ohio. far far far from my cup of tea but if you like to be "in" or are into "the scene" this place is where you will discover your bliss. its not far from the boro probably 20 minute drive via 675 to 75, i think the springboro is exit 38 off 75 south from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton