Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 11:58 AM

308 posts, read 1,232,475 times

Advertisements

As a good reference to all of those moving to the City of Dallas (e.g. Dallas "proper" and not the suburbs), I have created a map showing exactly where you should look to live.

You should really think twice and/or avoid those areas not inside the lines that I have drawn. At the very least, you should spend some time driving around the area if it is outside the lines, as chances are it will be very run down and/or crime infested.

A few notes:

- These lines are general, and I know there are exceptions as to the specific bondaries, but the general boudaries have no exceptions
- There are still some bad spots within these lines, but these boundaries generally keep you out of war zones and run down neighborhoods.
- The quality and characteristics of these neighborhoods vary widely within these lines, e.g.Highland Park vs. Far east Lake Highlands, so this map is really to show where not to live.

If you are considering living outside of these lines, consider yourself warned.

I hope this helps everyone out.

Acceptable Places to Live in Dallas, TX - CommunityWalk

Old 09-22-2008, 12:57 PM

2,346 posts, read 6,927,953 times
Default Re:

So everything north of 635 in the Dallas city limits should be avoided? Interesting.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
So everything north of 635 in the Dallas city limits should be avoided? Interesting.
The parts of Dallas above 635 have been omitted. I have no opinion on those areas, so they have been left off the map. No one cares about that area, anyway, it might as well be Carrolton or Richardson.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:25 PM

468 posts, read 1,887,239 times
Hey!!! I care about those areas!!!

Old 09-22-2008, 06:33 PM

66 posts, read 231,967 times
Oh boy...here we go. Another "I live in West Plano and things are better here and I need to be attacked because I said that." https://www.city-data.com/forum/dalla...est-plano.html

Old 09-22-2008, 08:24 PM

6,828 posts, read 14,036,923 times
Yep it's pretty easy to tell he what part of town he prefers. That map is as bogus as the poster.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:44 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,435,423 times
Wow, the people paying a fortune to live in the award winning South Side at Lamar lofts, would be shocked to find their homes are unacceptable. Of course, given who posted, I expected to see all of Oak Cliff tagged as unacceptable. Strange how full of life, and happy families it was down there on Sunday. What could those younger wealthy parents maintaining and restoring historic homes be thinking?

Old 09-22-2008, 09:13 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,676,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billdfw View Post
As a good reference to all of those moving to the City of Dallas (e.g. Dallas "proper" and not the suburbs), I have created a map showing exactly where you should look to live.

You should really think twice and/or avoid those areas not inside the lines that I have drawn. At the very least, you should spend some time driving around the area if it is outside the lines, as chances are it will be very run down and/or crime infested.

A few notes:

- These lines are general, and I know there are exceptions as to the specific bondaries, but the general boudaries have no exceptions
- There are still some bad spots within these lines, but these boundaries generally keep you out of war zones and run down neighborhoods.
- The quality and characteristics of these neighborhoods vary widely within these lines, e.g.Highland Park vs. Far east Lake Highlands, so this map is really to show where not to live.

If you are considering living outside of these lines, consider yourself warned.

I hope this helps everyone out.

Acceptable Places to Live in Dallas, TX - CommunityWalk
I live within the magic purple lines, so I am not one to get in to a suburb vs. city flame war here, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what good such a map would do for anyone considering relocating to the D/FW area. Within those purple lines are some bad areas and outside of them are some good ones.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
I live within the magic purple lines, so I am not one to get in to a suburb vs. city flame war here, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what good such a map would do for anyone considering relocating to the D/FW area. Within those purple lines are some bad areas and outside of them are some good ones.
As I said in my original post, the map is to show people where it is acceptable to live, from both a safety and overall aesthetic viewpoint.

If you stay within those lines, you will not live in a crime infested area or drug den. There are a few spots within those lines that are run-down, but they are nothing compared to the areas outside the lines and the war zones around town. See my other thread https://www.city-data.com/forum/dalla...ve-dallas.html to avoid the bad areas even further.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Yep it's pretty easy to tell he what part of town he prefers. That map is as bogus as the poster.
That is an uniformed and ignorant comment. You can't dispute the facts. The areas outside the lines have higher violent crime and are run down. Also, many areas do not have as many police patrols or enforcement, because they have given up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas