Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 12:33 AM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times

Advertisements

This is almost comical...

A turkey hunter had to be transported to a hospital after being shot in Woods County on the first day of spring turkey season. The shooter was less than 50 yards away from the victim.

Excellent camouflage!!

https://ktul.com/news/local/spring-t...investigation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 04:54 AM

11,344 posts, read 16,699,701 times
Darwin Award?

Old Today, 05:05 AM

45,368 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Darwin Award?
No, that actually happens somewhat frequently (meaning a couple times a year). Hopefully the shooter is charged since he obviously didn't identify his target and shot at sound. He broke about four safe hunting rules.

Spring turkey hunters are not required to wear orange in most states (or all, I don't feel like looking) for the Spring season. Neither are waterfowl hunters during that season.

Old Today, 06:34 AM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
If accidents happen - maybe they should...

Old Today, 06:49 AM

17,302 posts, read 22,030,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post

A turkey hunter had to be transported to a hospital after being shot in Woods County on the first day of spring turkey season. The shooter was less than 50 yards away from the victim.

Excellent camouflage!!

yeah but how did he taste?

Old Today, 06:58 AM

78,382 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post

Excellent camouflage!!

My father hunts turkey and the guy that got shot did nothing wrong.

Personally not seeing the humor in a guy getting shot by someone else being negligent.

Old Today, 07:03 AM

45,368 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
My father hunts turkey and the guy that got shot did nothing wrong.

Personally not seeing the humor in a guy getting shot by someone else being negligent.
That needs to be stressed. The fault entirely lies with the shooter. As I mentioned he broke about four hunting safety rules and likely a couple or three state laws. He's damned lucky one isn't a manslaughter charge.

I've been shot at while mistaken for a deer. An Ohio hunter trespassing on the family farm mistook me for a deer, and I was wearing blaze orange. Luckily he was a bad shot.

Old Today, 07:22 AM

78,382 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
That needs to be stressed. The fault entirely lies with the shooter. As I mentioned he broke about four hunting safety rules and likely a couple or three state laws. He's damned lucky one isn't a manslaughter charge.

I've been shot at while mistaken for a deer. An Ohio hunter trespassing on the family farm mistook me for a deer, and I was wearing blaze orange. Luckily he was a bad shot.
Yes, unfortunately with millions of hunters you're going to get some idiots, especially if they've been drinking.

Old Today, 08:01 AM

36,524 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post

Buck fever.
I knew a guy years ago who shot another deer hunter, but that guy was NOT wearing orange. No charges were brought. IMO both their faults, follow the rules and know what you are shooting at.

Old Today, 08:18 AM

7,096 posts, read 4,526,537 times
When we lived in upstate New York all the turkey hunters wore camouflage. You will kill 10 deer for every one turkey so you need it. The person that shot the hunter was careless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events