Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2024, 01:24 PM

16,294 posts, read 8,126,207 times

Advertisements

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/veronic...disappearance/

Hope they are found but it doesn't sound good. I wonder what their relation is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2024, 02:26 PM

1,379 posts, read 721,367 times
I had heard they were casual friends.

Old 04-02-2024, 04:56 PM

2,458 posts, read 2,473,619 times
The cops have more information than they're releasing:

"An endangered missing person alert has been activated, with the search focused on a rural home in Eva, Oklahoma."

https://www.mccookgazette.com/story/3035192.html

Old 04-02-2024, 06:23 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,927,273 times
The older woman (Kelley) is a minister's wife, and is in charge of children's programming at her husband's church. She is an acquaintance of Butler's who is authorized by the court to be one of several people who are able to supervise the younger woman's visits with her children. The usual visitation supervisor wasn't available that day.

Extremely fraught custody battle.

They apparently never made it to the pick up place where the children were, or if they did, something happened to them there.

It seems unlikely they're still alive.

Old 04-03-2024, 10:59 AM

1,211 posts, read 501,942 times
Never made it their destination to pick up the children. Car was found 3 miles short of the destination in Eva Ok. LEOs should release more info, where was their last known location prior to departure. What time did they depart, what is make/model/year of the car? Someone might have seen that car at X time and noticed another auto right behind them. Very rural, ain't no cameras there. Very rural short 16 mile trip. Not many cars.

Old 04-03-2024, 12:38 PM

2,458 posts, read 2,473,619 times
More info here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrOa2QCbUH8

Old 04-03-2024, 01:13 PM

Maybe we should gps implants?

Old 04-03-2024, 01:47 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
I read they were on their way to pick up two children to take them to a birthday party, this supposedly came from the mother of the two children. The younger red-headed woman has a custody hearing on April 15, she has "supervised" visits with her children (red flag). The school in the area, close to the area where the car was found is on lockdown during the day, which seems like a good idea in case someone is wandering around the area.

I agree, they just aren't telling what they know. Were the cell phones and bags/purses in the vehicle? Description of their car, as someone might have passed by and seen them talking with someone. Did they check for fingerprints on the doors, and did it look like any kind of struggle outside the car?

That is sort of the "sticks", and it heads up to the cattle processing industry area, so there could have been "foot" traffic, and sadly, some in rural areas do not understand the dangers that exist, and think they live in a friendly area without worry. Also, maybe they picked up someone that wanted a ride, as I don't know why, but people still do that.

It is extremely odd, but that seems to be the standard with missing persons these days!

Old 04-04-2024, 06:16 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
This is a better article, and clarifies some issues regarding the family:

https://www.christianpost.com/news/s...sing-wife.html

In short, father wanted nothing to do with the kids, entered rehab on 22 Mar and having emergency custody of the kids, left them with his mother. He could not leave them with the child's mother per a court order, as she had violated the court order that did not allow her brother to be near the children, as the court had found that he sexually molested the children. So, a lot of moving parts to this story. Sadly, the minister was set to move to a new position in Nebraska, and it would not surprise me if it were to get away from the "drama".

As far as who took them, it could be anyone, roads like that......... Hopefully more of a kidnapping, and they'll surface soon.

Old 04-05-2024, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
This is a better article, and clarifies some issues regarding the family:

https://www.christianpost.com/news/s...sing-wife.html

In short, father wanted nothing to do with the kids, entered rehab on 22 Mar and having emergency custody of the kids, left them with his mother. He could not leave them with the child's mother per a court order, as she had violated the court order that did not allow her brother to be near the children, as the court had found that he sexually molested the children. So, a lot of moving parts to this story. Sadly, the minister was set to move to a new position in Nebraska, and it would not surprise me if it were to get away from the "drama".

As far as who took them, it could be anyone, roads like that......... Hopefully more of a kidnapping, and they'll surface soon.
The most recent Ex of Wrangler Rickman (the Dad in rebab) said she has a gut feeling of what happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events