Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2023, 07:56 PM

2,069 posts, read 1,010,702 times

Advertisements

Sounds like most of my customers, today, not vintage.

Me: How wide is the window?
Customer: Just make it so it fits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2023, 05:33 AM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times

"Open The Pod Bay Doors, Hal"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDrDUmuUBTo

Yall have fun w/ your AI overlords..

Old 12-18-2023, 02:17 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Wait, what??? The blood draw sucks blood through your skin, similar to a leech or a hickey?

NO THANK YOU! And anyway, a leech uses teeth to cut into a person's skin, not that different from a needle. Doesn't just suck blood through intact skin.

When asked how patients would draw their own blood inside a CarePod, Aoun whipped out a small vacuum chamber that suctioned to his upper arm and siphoned out a small sample.

"In two to four minutes, this starts to fill up with blood," he said. "There's no needle, there's no knife, and nothing hurts right now."
Aoun, who is not a doctor, called the device a "capillary blood draw" and made comparisons to a "leech or hickey."
That would be my biggest draw back. Not going to happen.

Old 12-18-2023, 05:57 PM

2,850 posts, read 4,521,584 times
my veins hide when they know a vampire is near, i can only imagine how this AI thing is gonna find my veins successfully

Old 12-20-2023, 03:40 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
This sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. I work with people who can’t answer a simple question in an email, let alone follow instructions.

Email: “ How many were delivered?â€
Response: “They were delivered Wednesday.â€

Huge peeve of mine, people who can't comprehend what's written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffwraith View Post
Great. More jobs done away with.
Exactly what I said too when first reading it. Think of the doctors who may be out of work due to something like this. We're entering the Jetson's world with all the AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
That would be my biggest draw back. Not going to happen.

Agree, I'll pass too. You'd think it would be able to find a vein to actually take blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8lite View Post
my veins hide when they know a vampire is near, i can only imagine how this AI thing is gonna find my veins successfully

If it has scanning technology, it should be able to find veins to use if it took blood like this which it does not do. It sucks the blood out like a hickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymind View Post
Reminds me of the automated identification/tattoo machine in the movie Idiocracy, where the main character stuck his arm in to get branded and ended up being listed by the name Not Sure in the system, because that's how he answered its questions.

Both Google & Amazon have connections to it, of course. Giving them access to your DNA sequence, blood type, and mental health?

PASS.
No way that I would want my medical info in Google or Amazon's system. What a mess it could be if they get hacked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymind View Post
Wait until they get hacked and people get stuck inside, like the guitarist in Spinal Tap who got trapped in that pod thing onstage. What happens if there's a power outage and a visitor can't get out? I can foresee an older person getting confused and scared if the lights went out in there.

I don't think I've seen spinal tap. I google searched to read about it, see that it actually happened in the 70's to a guitarist who got stuck in a huge clam shell.

I would hope there would be some kind of back up way to get out of a pod. They should have a battery backup to keep the lights on and unlock the door. I do agree that there will be some sort of issues with them.

Old 12-20-2023, 02:21 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,645,484 times
Maybe rich people could afford $99 a month, but most people couldn't. And even I can think of a millions way that that could go wrong and resily in massive lawsuits!

Old 12-24-2023, 01:25 PM

3,208 posts, read 1,671,394 times
It's gonna happen because in many SCIFI movies such as Star Trek they use a scanner device on a patient and the computer tells them what's wrong with the person right away.

A doctor is trained to look for vitals, blood, urine, heartbeat, and blood pressure then depending on the metrics and different condition they are trained to determine what the problems are. A good experienced doctor is expensive and hard to find. Training AI to do this would be much cheaper and in the long run more effective with triage.

Old 12-25-2023, 03:16 PM

6,456 posts, read 3,978,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
It's gonna happen because in many SCIFI movies such as Star Trek they use a scanner device on a patient and the computer tells them what's wrong with the person right away.

A doctor is trained to look for vitals, blood, urine, heartbeat, and blood pressure then depending on the metrics and different condition they are trained to determine what the problems are. A good experienced doctor is expensive and hard to find. Training AI to do this would be much cheaper and in the long run more effective with triage.
Hopefully might be cheaper/easier for people who need frequent checkups... but maybe not at $99/month, unless they're going every week or something. Assuming that eventually the price will go down, though.

However, will this be something insurance companies start forcing on people who'd rather see a real person?

Old 12-26-2023, 02:02 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Someday perhaps. Right now it's probably mostly theoretical, or worst case, in Theranos territory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events