Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 10:32 AM

88,563 posts, read 84,755,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don’t think it’s fair to call her stupid. By the time she knew who he was, she was probably already afraid of him and afraid to leave. There are countless women who get killed by their exes after leaving abusive husbands. There’s reason to be afraid. It’s not simply stupidity. There’s a brainwashing that happens as well. Abusers often do things such as get the spouse a pet. Then they have something that they can threaten to harm to hold over that person. There’s all kinds of psychological manipulation that adds to the fear. It’s really not fair if you haven’t been in that situation to judge how people who are in it respond.

Oh for goodness sake. I just realize that the thread is very old. On other forums it may make sense to resurrect an old thread, but on current events it makes no sense at all unless there’s an update to the actual case. This is no longer a current event.
One in my hometown in 2015. The woman left him, got a restraining order against her ex-boyfriend, a former cop, and installed surveillance cameras outside her home in order to protect herself. He waited for her to come home one day, walked up to her while she was still in her car, opened the car door and hacked her to death with a machete in her driveway. It was all recorded by the cameras, but she's still just as dead.

Old 09-14-2019, 10:56 AM

50,752 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
One in my hometown in 2015. The woman left him, got a restraining order against her ex-boyfriend, a former cop, and installed surveillance cameras outside her home in order to protect herself. He waited for her to come home one day, walked up to her while she was still in her car, opened the car door and hacked her to death with a machete in her driveway. It was all recorded by the cameras, but she's still just as dead.
There was a recent case but I can’t remember where, when the abuser was granted visitation, which happens frequently. He picked the little girl up, I think she was four, walked her to the end of the driveway and slit her throat before killing himself. Just for revenge on his wife for leaving him. Last year I remember a case where the guy killed all three of his kids, then called her and told her. He was sick enough to want to hear her anguish. People don’t t realize these women are leaving psychopaths not normal people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2019, 11:12 AM

2,479 posts, read 2,212,776 times
Default And he said,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ve-her-killed/

This story is just crazy!!

And for her POS husband to only get 9 years in prison for it is disgusting

"I killed the @#$%^&* but she just won't stay dead.

Old 09-14-2019, 01:23 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,042,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Is this a lifetime movie? I want to see a movie for sure.

I'd be surprised if the rights haven't already been paid for.

Old 09-15-2019, 06:07 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,034,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Is this a lifetime movie? I want to see a movie for sure.

I'm thinking dark comedy.

Old 09-15-2019, 08:35 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,208,266 times
In the US, about five women are murdered every day by their husbands, so that's not remaekable. For all you know, ths is a common method in a country an culture you know nothing about and can't even find on a map. The only reason you heard about this, is it happened under the watchful eye of the Australian tabloids.

During this woman's lifetime, 25,000 of her countrymen were massacred in the streets in a few days, mostly with machetes. So she is no stranger to violence..

Last edited by cebuan; 09-15-2019 at 08:56 PM..

Old 09-16-2019, 08:35 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
She should have done herself up like a zombie and at the funeral, suddenly rise up and stumble out of the coffin, heading right for the husband, screaming "brains"!

Old 09-17-2019, 05:29 AM

2,259 posts, read 4,752,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
The husband was horrified to learn that the hitmen were unethical enough to keep his money without taking out his wife. Who knew.

Mick
I always wondered about that. What legal ramifications would there be if someone offered me money to murder someone, and I just took the money and ran....or if I was given money for a hit told the cops, and said that they only gave me a small amount and I kept the rest

Old 09-18-2019, 03:05 AM

23,172 posts, read 26,189,754 times
I don't get this...must have missed something.
Where did a body for the funeral com from?

Old 09-18-2019, 04:04 AM

50,752 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I don't get this...must have missed something.
Where did a body for the funeral com from?
They probably did a closed casket. It was probably empty. The case is several years old I think there’s a lot of info out there but that’s my assumption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events