Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2023, 11:34 AM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
It’s really great news. Thanks for the heads up.
Ultracapacitors are the future of EV battery tech. It’s tremendous that the state is getting in on this space and a real asset to Bridgeport.
It would be nice to not get captive to China on EVs, which cobalt makes them.

They would need a clean site, which may mean NEVER used. Bridgeport manufacturing was far from clean, previously used sites would almost all need millions or tens of millions to remediate.

I'd like to see them scout sites used for retail previously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2023, 01:09 PM

6,876 posts, read 3,726,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
Battery tech will need to evolve exponentially to meet future demand, there's just no doubt about it. Hopefully CT will get ahead of the curve and be a part of the solution. Skys the limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post

They would need a clean site, which may mean NEVER used. Bridgeport manufacturing was far from clean, previously used sites would almost all need millions or tens of millions to remediate.

I would assume so, yes. I'm sure there are kinks to work out.

Old 12-03-2023, 02:50 PM

34,917 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post

I’m not sure why you think they would need a site that has never been used. As long as the building and site are cleaned to EPA standards, any site would be fine.

Old 12-03-2023, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I’m not sure why you think they would need a site that has never been used. As long as the building and site are cleaned to EPA standards, any site would be fine.
Because having worked in the city in manufacturing and being in contact with suppliers, I know how bad a condition industrial sites were left in. Largely due to the fact in the city's heyday environmentally friendly practices were still rudimentary, at best. AGI is not as bad as dozens if not hundreds of Bridgeport sites and needs $8.1 million to remediate its small site.

That is why nothing huge has been redeveloped. There is no issue, almost always, on ex retail sites, though. This is years from fruition, and to have any shot in a city in terrible shape, they best take the path of least resistance.

Last edited by BobNJ1960; 12-03-2023 at 05:49 PM..

Old 12-05-2023, 11:36 AM

2,358 posts, read 2,181,264 times
Expected but a sigh of relief now that it's official, Pratt and Whitney will continue to be the sole contractor to upgrade and refurbish the F-35 and similarly classed engines.

https://www.ctpost.com/business/arti...c=rdctpdensecp

I'm not a huge fan of closing military RFPs, but the competition were making dubious claims about their ability to actually fulfill the proposed contracts.

Old 12-07-2023, 01:28 PM

IBM is closing its massive Southbury campus and transferring workers to other nearby facilities. I’m not sure how badly this will impact the town. There are IBM facilities in nearby Poughkeepsie and Armonk, New York. With Work-From-Home options, it may not be as bad as some will fear.

https://www.hartfordbusiness.com/art...ice-in-january

Old 12-08-2023, 07:31 AM

The “massive” redevelopment of the old Subway headquarters for the headquarters of FCP Euro has been approved by the Milford Planning and Zoning Commission. The project will be 160,000 square feet of ffice and warehouse space for up to 210 employees. All I gotta say is that was fast. Subway has barely settled into the new home in Shelton. That just shows the desirability of Milford for businesses.

https://patch.com/connecticut/milfor...ct-subway-site

Old 12-08-2023, 01:34 PM

Quote:
IBM is closing its massive Southbury campus and transferring workers to other nearby facilities. I’m not sure how badly this will impact the town. There are IBM facilities in nearby Poughkeepsie and Armonk, New York. With Work-From-Home options, it may not be as bad as some will fear.

https://www.hartfordbusiness.com/art...ice-in-january
Though IBM is closing their 1.1 million square foot Southbury complex, the good thing is no jobs will be lost and they will accommodate workers with Work From Home options.

https://westfaironline.com/real-esta...cticut-office/

Old 12-09-2023, 05:13 PM

Great opinion piece on Connecticut’s great aerospace industry. We do take it for granted.

https://westfaironline.com/aviation/...pace-industry/

Old 12-09-2023, 05:43 PM

Quote:
The “massive” redevelopment of the old Subway headquarters for the headquarters of FCP Euro has been approved by the Milford Planning and Zoning Commission. The project will be 160,000 square feet of ffice and warehouse space for up to 210 employees. All I gotta say is that was fast. Subway has barely settled into the new home in Shelton. That just shows the desirability of Milford for businesses.

https://patch.com/connecticut/milfor...ct-subway-site
FCP is moving from a different Milford location. It outgrew it. This may help Q-Tran which was growing in the complex FCP is leaving if they need more space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut