Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 04:43 PM

2,862 posts, read 9,569,869 times

Advertisements

We are considering a move to Columbus. We are originally from Cincinnati but will be moving from Pittsburgh. We are a young family with 2 young children. We are intersted in sending our kids to private schools. I am looking for a nice community full of young families and kids. A good school close by. A neighborhood that really caters to young kids. Maybe lots of communtiy activities...block parties and just good people.
We will be able to spend about $300,000 on a home...

Can anyone point me to some area's around Columbus like this??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 05:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,478 times
Talking Good Luck!

Danielle

I just moved to Dublin. I would highly recommend looking there. You should be able to get a lot of bang for your buck there. There are a number of foreclosures (even in the upper $600000 range). The Dublin schools are excellent, but many of the people there send their children to private school.

I have been traveling back and forth or 5 years from Cleveland to care for my grandchildren. I have finally decided to take the plunge!

Muirfield Village is a great place to look and great for resale, because of the golf tournament every spring. Hope that helps!

Old 12-14-2009, 09:29 PM

94 posts, read 334,298 times
If you're going to spend $300,000, you can move in any nicer suburb you like. Whether it be Dublin, Westerville, or New Albany.

I guess you should pick which private school you want your kids to go to, then find the house.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:23 AM

249 posts, read 611,137 times
I would also look in to Gahanna

Old 12-15-2009, 08:48 AM

205 posts, read 655,773 times
We just bought in New Albany with that same budget. We had intended on sending our kids to a private school but were really impressed with the public schools here. Because of the good schools, it seems like just about everyone around us has kids. My kindergartener son loves it because we have fellow kindergartners next door, behind us, and two doors down. We have found everyone to be incredibly nice and friendly and there has been quite a few community events and neighborhood events since we moved in (late August) from out of state. I highly recommend New Albany but have nothing bad to say about Dublin as that was our second choice. Gahanna, Westerville, and Worthington were all in consideration as well. The Columbus area certainly isn't the most exciting place in the world but of all the places we've lived we are finding it the best place to raise a family.

Old 12-18-2009, 04:20 PM

52 posts, read 328,969 times
Hi, our neighborhood has tons of block parties, play groups, book groups, you name it.

We are in Dublin--the Brandon subdivision. Unless you want to pay for private schools, our elementary is rated #2 in C-bus.

Feel free to PM and I'll be happy to guide you (I'm not a realtor)

And yes, we're in the 300k range.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:42 AM

133 posts, read 590,783 times
Hello,
My husband and I just moved Dublin last year and we absolutely love the community. Dublin has some great neighborhoods in all price ranges so you shouldn't have any trouble finding the right home. As for schools, I urge you to visit the city's web page and/or Chamber of Commerce web page as there is a ton of valuable information regarding the schools and the city of Dublin in general. We did hours and hours of research before deciding to buy, and we found those websites to be very handy!

Other areas I would recommend checking out are New Albany (New Albany schools) and Powell (Olentangy schools). Both are great communities, and I found that the prices of homes are comparable to that in Dublin.

Good luck!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus