Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 05:00 PM

1,136 posts, read 1,160,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech14 View Post
We obviously have a huge racism problem already without just making things up about words.

What is that huge racism problem? That some people don't want to follow the rules and do what it takes to get ahead in society?

This is not the Soviet Union. Nobody is stopping any of you from leaving and going somewhere more to your liking or more hospitable to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2024, 05:17 PM

4,497 posts, read 6,261,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryMason614 View Post
I was just watching a video about Hawaii last night. The native that was giving the filmmaker a ride around basically said that that's how Hawaii became part of the United states. Color revolution. The US came in and changed the government with the help of the business interests there. We have a very dirty history they didn't teach us about in school. Makes you wonder if we aren't the evil empire. We certainly are these days.

https://youtu.be/oAMMopBnXQ0?feature=shared
Yessir!

Old 04-29-2024, 10:34 AM

255 posts, read 80,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
You probably have no idea that there is a communist party in America that is pretty influential. No America isn't fully communist yet, but it has been demoralized, subverted, is in the middle of various color revolutions, has been flooded with God knows who across our southern border, is suffering infrastructure attacks, attacks on food processing plants, etc...that's how a things work before the full-blown revolution takes place. You really should read more or something.
A tiny, completely irrelevant communist party existing in America doesn't make the US communist or that it has a communist system, and I can't believe I have to say as much. There are tons of parties like that. Did you know, for example, that there is a Prohibition Party still? How big and influential is the prohibition movement in America 90 years after it ended?

You still haven't given any specific examples of how the actual system in place is communist. Fearmongering about immigrants is not an example of that.

Old 04-29-2024, 10:38 AM

Quote:
What is that huge racism problem? That some people don't want to follow the rules and do what it takes to get ahead in society?

This is not the Soviet Union. Nobody is stopping any of you from leaving and going somewhere more to your liking or more hospitable to you.
Thinking only non-white people commit crime or that skin color makes people more violent is certainly racist. So is fearmongering about immigrants.

Old 04-29-2024, 10:57 AM

4,497 posts, read 6,261,500 times
Quote:
A tiny, completely irrelevant communist party existing in America doesn't make the US communist or that it has a communist system, and I can't believe I have to say as much. There are tons of parties like that. Did you know, for example, that there is a Prohibition Party still? How big and influential is the prohibition movement in America 90 years after it ended?

You still haven't given any specific examples of how the actual system in place is communist. Fearmongering about immigrants is not an example of that.
https://ia800905.us.archive.org/13/i...Bella_Dodd.pdf

Old 04-29-2024, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Thinking only non-white people commit crime or that skin color makes people more violent is certainly racist. So is fearmongering about immigrants.
So what if I'm racist? Who are you to decide what is and isn't a thought crime? If I want to live in a white neighborhood with other whites, that's my business, isn't it? If too many blacks move into my neighborhood and I want to move 20 miles further out where I can live among my own kind and where I can feel comfortable and at home, why shouldn't I be able to?

And once POC's move into an area and crime goes through the roof, you're not going to shut me up when it comes to pointing out the cause and effect. That crime wasn't there when whites were in the area and it practically always goes up when POC's move in. The statistics are irrefutable.

Old 04-29-2024, 03:14 PM

Quote:
So what if I'm racist? Who are you to decide what is and isn't a thought crime? If I want to live in a white neighborhood with other whites, that's my business, isn't it? If too many blacks move into my neighborhood and I want to move 20 miles further out where I can live among my own kind and where I can feel comfortable and at home, why shouldn't I be able to?

And once POC's move into an area and crime goes through the roof, you're not going to shut me up when it comes to pointing out the cause and effect. That crime wasn't there when whites were in the area and it practically always goes up when POC's move in. The statistics are irrefutable.
It's not a crime to be racist, thought or otherwise. It is an indication of a person's poor moral character and lack of ability to logically reason. After all, you're literally arguing that superficial characteristics like skin color- which is essentially only a genetic level of melanin- determine whether a person is more dangerous or more prone to criminality. It's irrational and embarrassing to hold such views, at best, especially in an age where we absolutely know better. It's like if I thought all white people were genetically prone to welfare (most US citizens on welfare are white, after all), being Karens, and liking Jimmy Buffet. It's such a stupid, worthless way to live and think.

They're actually quite refutable. Economic status and education are the main determiners in one's likelihood for criminal behavior, not race.

Old 04-29-2024, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
I have no idea how that link from 1954 is supposed to prove the US system is communist, especially when you offer zero context on what you expect me to gain from it. If you can't give any examples of how the economic/governmental/social system in the US is communist, just say so.

Old 04-29-2024, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Statistics don't lie, Jack. Blacks are 13% of the population and commit 52% of murders! You're actually pretty stupid if you don't act on information that is readily available.

It's not my job to sacrifice myself for my family or the things I work hard for just because certain people have this warp notion of kumbaya.

Old 04-29-2024, 10:17 PM

Quote:
It's not a crime to be racist, thought or otherwise. It is an indication of a person's poor moral character and lack of ability to logically reason. After all, you're literally arguing that superficial characteristics like skin color- which is essentially only a genetic level of melanin- determine whether a person is more dangerous or more prone to criminality. It's irrational and embarrassing to hold such views, at best, especially in an age where we absolutely know better. It's like if I thought all white people were genetically prone to welfare (most US citizens on welfare are white, after all), being Karens, and liking Jimmy Buffet. It's such a stupid, worthless way to live and think.

They're actually quite refutable. Economic status and education are the main determiners in one's likelihood for criminal behavior, not race.
That's all very ecumenical and open-minded and all, but it's not reality. The reality is that white flight is caused by the quality of life going down where you live now.

I was at the Reynoldsburg Library this evening just to check out the new building. Kids running around, everybody talking, loud in there. Yes, it was a predominantly black crowd. Does anybody teach these people appropriate behavior?

That was the first and it will be the last time I ever go there.

I don't know if I'm racist or not, but I do know what annoys me and little kids running around screaming in a library is one of them. I don't see this at the Gahanna branch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus