Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 05:17 PM

944 posts, read 3,956,161 times

Advertisements

I'm posting this from Austin, TX, where I watched in pain as your team overwhelmed our youngsters on the playing field. It was great to see so many people sporting the Buckeye red all over town and hopefully we'll see more games in the future between our beloved college football squads.

So, three cheers to great playing and good sportsmanship! Y'all look ready to go the distance this season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2006, 07:57 PM

138 posts, read 787,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeptrance View Post
I'm posting this from Austin, TX, where I watched in pain as your team overwhelmed our youngsters on the playing field. It was great to see so many people sporting the Buckeye red all over town and hopefully we'll see more games in the future between our beloved college football squads.

So, three cheers to great playing and good sportsmanship! Y'all look ready to go the distance this season.

Thanks! All I've heard is how wonderful Austin was and how nice your fans were. I have nothing against Texas and hope you guys have a great season. You guys are a class act!

Old 09-11-2006, 08:46 AM

73 posts, read 320,750 times
If only OSU had that much class. If the game was in Columbus and the Buckeyes lost there would have been rioting in the streets. Im in Ohio and I despise the Buckeyes, if you cant tell. Plus, Im sitting at work right now listening to my co-workers who are huge Buckeye fans complain at length about the officiating. Win or lose, all they do is complain all day. Same with the radio station Im forced to listen to here. Sports talk radio all day out of Columbus. Whine, whine, whine. Kind of like Im doing right now. Kind of ironic, huh?

Last edited by snakecotc; 09-11-2006 at 10:08 AM..

Old 09-11-2006, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakecotc View Post
Whine, whine, whine. Kind of like Im doing right now. Kind of ironic, huh?
LOL, at least you have a good sense of humor about your whining. You wouldn't happen to be listening to Jim Rome...? Hey, he's on right now, gotta go after I say thanks to:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdswines View Post
Thanks! All I've heard is how wonderful Austin was and how nice your fans were. I have nothing against Texas and hope you guys have a great season. You guys are a class act!
THANKS!

Old 09-11-2006, 03:20 PM

Quote:
If only OSU had that much class. If the game was in Columbus and the Buckeyes lost there would have been rioting in the streets. Im in Ohio and I despise the Buckeyes, if you cant tell. Plus, Im sitting at work right now listening to my co-workers who are huge Buckeye fans complain at length about the officiating. Win or lose, all they do is complain all day. Same with the radio station Im forced to listen to here. Sports talk radio all day out of Columbus. Whine, whine, whine. Kind of like Im doing right now. Kind of ironic, huh?

And how is the "whining" different than every other university out there? It's only easier to notice because OSU is very large. As for the burniing couches, every OSU fan I've talked to despises those idiots as well.

As for the radio stations, even OSU fans HATE 1460, if that's the one you're listening to.

There wasn't much wrong with the officiating, other than the supposed roughing the passer call.

Go Bucks

Old 09-11-2006, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdswines View Post
There wasn't much wrong with the officiating, other than the supposed roughing the passer call.
Yeah, that came at a critical moment but fortunately had no impact on the outcome of the game. It was definitely a questionable call. I do think it's important to curtail intentional roughing of other players, especially because it often results in serious injuries, but that looked like an excellent tackle rather than anything excessively violent.

As for the rioters, it's always true the a few people can turn a large crowd ugly. Part of the problem is the way police handle it. New Orleans is a role model for crowd control, every city's police force should go to "boot camp" during Mardi Gras to see how well the cops handle a couple million drunk revellers. Well, now it might only be a few hundred thousand thanks to Katrina...

The worst rioting type of incident in Austin happened because of police instigation. They learned from it and now use different tactics to keep the hooligans from turning liquored-up mobs into rioting idiots.

Old 09-12-2006, 06:28 AM

Quote:
And how is the "whining" different than every other university out there? It's only easier to notice because OSU is very large. As for the burniing couches, every OSU fan I've talked to despises those idiots as well.
So whining can be excused because other universities do it? Even the announcers whine if things dont go their way. Also, If everyone rioting is despised by OSU fans, are the people rioting because they hate OSU? Obviously they arent OSU fans, because OSU fans dont burn things.

Quote:
As for the radio stations, even OSU fans HATE 1460, if that's the one you're listening to.
Yes, its the one I have to listen to 8 hours a day. But my co-workers must be pretending to be OSU fans because they love 1460.

Quote:
Was it helmet-to-helmet contact? Because you could clearly see two helmets colliding on the replay and I believe that is the rule.

Old 09-12-2006, 11:41 AM

Quote:
So whining can be excused because other universities do it? Even the announcers whine if things dont go their way. Also, If everyone rioting is despised by OSU fans, are the people rioting because they hate OSU? Obviously they arent OSU fans, because OSU fans dont burn things.

Yes, its the one I have to listen to 8 hours a day. But my co-workers must be pretending to be OSU fans because they love 1460.

Was it helmet-to-helmet contact? Because you could clearly see two helmets colliding on the replay and I believe that is the rule.
Everybody "whines" while watching games. I'm sure even you have "whined" about a bad call by a ref, poor playcalling, etc, etc.

Announcers everywhere "whine" when things don't go their way. I live in MD and the announcers of the rinky dink college here "whine" when the team is losing - and even when they're winning.

Not sure what you're trying to say with the hole couch-burning thing, but you need to lighten up. EVERY university and college town has a handful of idiots that will do stupid things. Who is your team? I'm sure they're perfect in every way, as well as all its fans.

1460 usually bashes the Buckeyes more than anything. Bruce Hooley in particular does not seem to be a big fan. But that's his right and I'm sure he's on the air to get callers "stirred up". It increases ratings.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:01 PM

I just hate Ohio State. Im going to leave it at that. We could argue all day and never get anywhere so I will just drop it.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:46 PM

976 posts, read 3,863,598 times
Ohio St. fans can be rude, but you should see Michigan fans. When i lived in Michigan (which i hated) they would start riots out in the streets that would go on for days. And we were in Lansing, not even in Ann Arbor. I hated Michigan, the crime, the unemployment, and the Michigan fans. Almost as bad as us Steeler fans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus