Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2024, 11:30 AM

403 posts, read 232,021 times

Advertisements

Anyone else grab tickets for this? I don’t even watch soccer but this seems like a big time event. Similar to the Eclipse and NCAA basketball tournament a few years back. Tickets went quickly during the presale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2024, 05:27 PM

542 posts, read 1,106,236 times
I plan on going, I don't have tickets yet. It's a big get for Columbia.

Old 02-27-2024, 07:33 AM

421 posts, read 573,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinmoz View Post
I plan on going, I don't have tickets yet. It's a big get for Columbia.

I believe it’s already sold out.

Old 02-27-2024, 10:36 AM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times
I do not like soccer. I consider it a bit boring. A few years back there was an Arena Soccer League. They played ice hockey arenas with boards around it like in ice hockey. They could play the ball off the boards. It was fun and exciting but it did not last.

Old 02-27-2024, 12:47 PM

2,130 posts, read 2,270,615 times
From what I’ve heard asking my Euro friends, this is a friendly so it’s not a huge deal internationally; but I still wonder if we’ll have any visitors from abroad?
Still, I’m immensely excited for this and I love the fact my home city is hosting something like this. Also, I’m with y’all- I don’t know know a thing about soccer or why it’s so popular, but if I’m in town I’d love to at least be around the festivities and if I can, attend and cheer when everyone else cheers.

All indications point to a sellout, right?

Old 02-27-2024, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post
From what I’ve heard asking my Euro friends, this is a friendly so it’s not a huge deal internationally; but I still wonder if we’ll have any visitors from abroad?
Still, I’m immensely excited for this and I love the fact my home city is hosting something like this. Also, I’m with y’all- I don’t know know a thing about soccer or why it’s so popular, but if I’m in town I’d love to at least be around the festivities and if I can, attend and cheer when everyone else cheers.

All indications point to a sellout, right?
Yes, USC announced it as a sell out earlier today. Tickets started around $100 for uppers.

Old 02-27-2024, 05:09 PM

2,130 posts, read 2,270,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestcracker View Post
Yes, USC announced it as a sell out earlier today. Tickets started around $100 for uppers.
Wow! Good stuff.

Another note: this will surely bring in some fans from the Charlotte area. MLS city with a large Latino population. Too bad they could make it a day trip but how cool if they could stay the night and bring some hotel revenue.

Old 02-27-2024, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post
Wow! Good stuff.

Another note: this will surely bring in some fans from the Charlotte area. MLS city with a large Latino population. Too bad they could make it a day trip but how cool if they could stay the night and bring some hotel revenue.
Hotel rates for that weekend are ridiculous, like $600-$1000 a night downtown.

Old 02-28-2024, 06:04 AM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Quote:
Hotel rates for that weekend are ridiculous, like $600-$1000 a night downtown.
That is insane..Time to look up college buddies that stayed in Columbia to see if they have space on the couch....lol

Old 02-29-2024, 03:34 PM

1,151 posts, read 953,596 times
Quote:
Anyone else grab tickets for this? I don’t even watch soccer but this seems like a big time event. Similar to the Eclipse and NCAA basketball tournament a few years back. Tickets went quickly during the presale.
I wonder if this is a test for USC and Columbia to see if we could handle pro level games. I would imagine it would be cool if The Carolina Panthers could play some games there. I mean William Brice is literally the size of a pro level stadium That would not only bring together the Carolinas more but the amount of money that would bring to Columbia to have More Professional teams playing here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area