Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree?
Not at all... 1 50.00%
Some what agree... 0 0%
Some what disagree... 0 0%
Hell yeah, I totally agree and with this and would like it to change.... 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2023, 04:57 AM

1 posts, read 3,128 times

Advertisements

I am not sure what to expect from asking this question... but for sure I am not looking for any haters on the University. What I am looking for is perhaps some kindred spirits who might be brave enough to write about actual experiences any members of the LGBTQ community.

I never assumed that I might become a gay activist once I moved back to Pueblo, Colorado. I was hoping to receive an education just like the rest of the student body, however, I see now that dreams that once I only imagined could be possible were no longer, and I discovered that no matter how I didn't think my sexual orientation was not going to be a defining characteristic - I was severely and sadly mistaken.

So I decided to start the community thread hoping to find others that may be like me in the Pueblo community - individuals who may have thought that your sexual orientation wasn't going to be a leading factor as to how well the university students see us as part of the same college, but even more disappointing that it is the faculty members who say they carry no prejudices - but in fact - allow their prejudices decide whether or not individuals like me will be allowed to graduate and become contributing members of the Pueblo community I grew up in, and came back to finish my degree.

I really hope this platform can be an open discussion for anyone who might have something to agree with me about or perhaps feel free able to share how the complete opposite might be true as well.

All I know, is that I was rejected a few years again and never welcomed back to the greater Colorado State University Pueblo community,... and this fact saddens me greatly.

I hope to hear from an entire spectrum of individuals whether your voices agree with me or not.

Silenced and Banished in Pueblo,...

Old 05-06-2023, 08:23 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Moderator speaking. We will not tolerate ANY hate speech on this site or in these forums. If you cannot be constructive in your replies to the OP then do not post. We issue infractions or ban people for violations of our TOS.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 05-09-2023 at 12:55 PM..

Old 05-09-2023, 10:56 AM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
You need to seek out and befriend like minded people. Your sexuality is just one part of who you are. If there isn’t a group to join. Have the foresight to create one.

Old 02-06-2024, 08:05 PM

1 posts, read 684 times
Default They do discriminate against transgender women

I am a transgender lesbian woman myself and I am pretty much excluded from all student activities, tutoring and study groups. I have had reports made to the office of institutional equity over me making people feel "uncomfortable" because of what propaganda they believed from the anti trans right. I am going to transfer to Metro State in Denver for Fall of 2024 as CSU Pueblo would rather continue to victim blame and make excuses to justify this discrimination.

Old 02-07-2024, 02:37 PM

6,821 posts, read 10,510,104 times
Your poll is really only valid to the extent that it gets responses from people with first-hand knowledge of the situation, which is a very small subset of what is here. I would suggest that if you can create a document trail of any proof, this would be to your advantage. This would also help distinguish between perception and what can be proven. Even keeping a journal of incidents with dates and witnesses if any, would be a good start. Another method is to organize.

Old 02-07-2024, 03:18 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
Your poll is really only valid to the extent that it gets responses from people with first-hand knowledge of the situation, which is a very small subset of what is here. I would suggest that if you can create a document trail of any proof, this would be to your advantage. This would also help distinguish between perception and what can be proven. Even keeping a journal of incidents with dates and witnesses if any, would be a good start. Another method is to organize.
I'd be surprised if any of our regular members on here, of which we can count on one hand, have any firsthand experience with this issue at this college. The OP hasn't been back since last May, so I'll have to consider this thread to be at a dead end, and I'll close it.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado