Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 10:14 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,962,967 times

Advertisements

Looks like spring is over for us. Forecast high is to be 86! Which won't sound all that bad in July, but a bit of a shock to the system if you've been basking in the 70's the way we've been here. Guess I'd better make sure that all my newly planted xeriscaping gets a nice drink of water!

Old 06-03-2013, 02:19 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,507,838 times
Downtown Pueblo unofficially hit 100 about a hour ago. This marks the first 100 plus degree day this year! I am so ready for the summer heat. 3 words: Bring it on!

Old 06-03-2013, 07:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,414 times
Josseppie: "Downtown Pueblo unofficially hit 100 about a hour ago. This marks the first 100 plus degree day this year! I am so ready for the summer heat. 3 words: Bring it on!"

Why are you celebrating 100-degree temps in Pueblo? Are you aware that you are actually doing your city a disservice by calling attention to that kind of oppressive heat? Maybe you don't realize it, but a vast majority of people in this country consider anything over 90 F to be a negative, while 100 F is considered intolerable. I'm in the process of researching possible relocation sites in the Rocky Mountain region, and any place that hits 100 more than once or twice a year is automatically crossed off my list. Thanks to you, Josseppie, I've just crossed Pueblo off my list.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal777 View Post
Josseppie: "Downtown Pueblo unofficially hit 100 about a hour ago. This marks the first 100 plus degree day this year! I am so ready for the summer heat. 3 words: Bring it on!"

Why are you celebrating 100-degree temps in Pueblo? Are you aware that you are actually doing your city a disservice by calling attention to that kind of oppressive heat? Maybe you don't realize it, but a vast majority of people in this country consider anything over 90 F to be a negative, while 100 F is considered intolerable. I'm in the process of researching possible relocation sites in the Rocky Mountain region, and any place that hits 100 more than once or twice a year is automatically crossed off my list. Thanks to you, Josseppie, I've just crossed Pueblo off my list.
I know due to my love for Pueblo it might look like I am a branch of the chamber of commerce but the reality is I am just a resident who loves his city. Some things I post about might be "chamber" approved and some might not. I happen to like hot days in the summer with highs above 100. I understand not everyone does but it can't be that much of a negative just look at the dessert south west from Phoenix to Las Vegas to Palm Springs. All get much hotter then Pueblo and all are growing significantly.

One thing to keep in mind is it cools down in Pueblo at night. I just checked and in Palm Springs it's 97 and Pueblo 81. So yes we can get somewhat hot in the day but it cools off at night. Plus it's not humid like in the east.

Last edited by Josseppie; 06-03-2013 at 08:46 PM..

Old 06-04-2013, 06:22 AM

802 posts, read 986,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I know due to my love for Pueblo it might look like I am a branch of the chamber of commerce but the reality is I am just a resident who loves his city. Some things I post about might be "chamber" approved and some might not. I happen to like hot days in the summer with highs above 100. I understand not everyone does but it can't be that much of a negative just look at the dessert south west from Phoenix to Las Vegas to Palm Springs. All get much hotter then Pueblo and all are growing significantly.

One thing to keep in mind is it cools down in Pueblo at night. I just checked and in Palm Springs it's 97 and Pueblo 81. So yes we can get somewhat hot in the day but it cools off at night. Plus it's not humid like in the east.
I recently experienced a day that topped 100 degrees. At 40% humidity, it was insufferable. Then the "dry line" moved through and dropped humidity under 10% and the temp even increased a couple of degrees. It actually felt refreshing and invigorating - if I didn't touch any metal surfaces.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:15 AM

3,127 posts, read 5,078,620 times
Quote:

I thought the purpose of the forum was to give people an on-the-ground and balanced view of the area that goes beyond the chamber of commerce marketing. More power to Josseppie for providing the info!

Old 06-04-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic111 View Post
I thought the purpose of the forum was to give people an on-the-ground and balanced view of the area that goes beyond the chamber of commerce marketing. More power to Josseppie for providing the info!
Plus I want to add that it does not stay hot long in Pueblo. Yesterday unofficially it was 100 in downtown, I think officially it was in the upper 90's at the airport, but by tomorrow the high will only be in the low to mid 60's with a good chance of thunderstorms and the low Wednesday night is forecasted to be in the upper 40's. Then by Sunday it should be back around 100. That is typical Colorado weather.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highplainsrus View Post
I recently experienced a day that topped 100 degrees. At 40% humidity, it was insufferable. Then the "dry line" moved through and dropped humidity under 10% and the temp even increased a couple of degrees. It actually felt refreshing and invigorating - if I didn't touch any metal surfaces.
This is so true. I have lived in Orlando and spent time in Chicago and 90 there is much more oppressive then 105 in Pueblo. Plus it cools off at night here and in the summer not so much there.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:04 PM

As I had heard today was cloudy with drizzle and the high was in the upper 50s. Currently it's 54 and I actually had to turn my central heat on. Yet by Sunday it should be over 105. Typical Colorado summer!

Old 06-05-2013, 09:56 PM

5,528 posts, read 12,708,585 times
Quote:

I don't get your anger at Josseppie. He is merely reporting a fact. Would you rather not know the actual truth about weather in Pueblo while you are doing your "research"?

Who is this "vast majority" that you are supposedly representing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado