Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 07:01 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,467,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Ahh, these are the guys who are selling their plant to RTD in order to build the Commuter Rail Maintenance Facility for FasTracks.

Pueblo actually is getting the HQ and the relocated manufacturing facility, hence why the location in the industrial park.

This is true. The president of the company talked about how RTD took the property using Eminent domain and all of the companies main officers were in Pueblo for the announcement. I have to be honest. I was not expecting Pueblo to get another corporate headquarters today. It might be only 100 jobs but the prestige of having the corporate headquarters of the largest company in their field is fantastic for Pueblo.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:42 PM

289 posts, read 776,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I just got back from the announcement.

Rocla Concrete Tie is moving their headquarters from Denver to Pueblo. They will need over 150 construction workers then over 100 permanent employees. They will locate in in the industrial park south of town where Vesta's is. It should be in the paper tomorrow and I will have more information on Pueblo's newest corporate headquarters.

This is from their web page:

Rocla Concrete Tie, Inc. is the leading manufacturer of prestressed concrete railroad ties in the United States. Rocla Concrete Tie, Inc has manufactured prestressed concrete railroad ties and turnout ties for Class I railroads, commuter passenger operations, transit authorities and industrial operations nationwide. Rocla Concrete Tie, Inc. and its predecessor companies have manufactured prestressed concrete ties for the past fifty years. Rocla Concrete Tie, Inc. has more combined experience manufacturing prestressed concrete railroad ties than any other manufacturer operating in the United States. Rocla Concrete Tie, Inc. has three manufacturing facilities geographically located to supply concrete ties competitively anywhere in North America. RCTI’s corporate headquarters are located in Denver, Colorado *(Now Pueblo Colorado). RCTI has three manufacturing plants located in Denver, Colorado, Bear, Delaware and Amarillo, Texas.

We pride ourselves on having state of the art manufacturing facilities, precise and accurate quality control, timely delivery and a commitment of service to all customers.

The link: About Rocla Concrete Tie

* I added that part in bold
I doubt that all 100 of those permanent jobs will go to people in Pueblo as I'm sure there will be a handful of people who move to Pueblo from Denver. Still, some jobs are better than no jobs.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Bound View Post
I doubt that all 100 of those permanent jobs will go to people in Pueblo as I'm sure there will be a handful of people who move to Pueblo from Denver. Still, some jobs are better than no jobs.
I agree but I don't see that as a negative. When a new company moves to any city a percentage of people will move with the company giving the city new blood with a diversity in ideas. Hopefully the CEO of this company will get active in local politics and give us new and better ideas on how to make this couminuty and economy even better.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:52 PM

Talking Denver would be a great location for U.S. patent office

For some reason this came across my google alerts and when I read it I thought it was absolutely fantastic news not only for economy of Denver but the entire state of Colorado so I decided to post it. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that Denver get the patent office as I agree with the Post that it is the best city for it.

This is from the Denver Post:

Denver is one of several cities bidding to be home to one of the two new satellite U.S. Patent and Trademark Offices. We think it would make an excellent location. The expansion will be paid for by the fees charged to patent applicants. Currently, the agency faces an annual backlog of nearly 660,000 applications. A law passed last year gave the agency new tools to reduce that number, and — thanks in large measure to an amendment sponsored by Sen. Michael Bennet and co-sponsored by Sen. Mark Udall — authorized the addition of three satellite offices by 2014 (Detroit has already been selected for one). The prospect of nearly 600 new jobs over five years and $400 million in related economic activity — according to an analysis by the University of Colorado's Leeds School of Business — are big drivers in our support.

Read more: Editorial: Denver would be a great location for U.S. patent office - The Denver Post

Old 02-11-2013, 05:50 PM

Exclamation Army movement could help or harm El Paso County

I was not sure where to post this since it has been in all the news lately but since it is about the economy I thought this would be the best spot.

Due to the debt concerns it looks like defense could take a hit and they are proposing another round of base closings and or reductions. It looks like one or more bases could be impacted in Colorado Springs effecting the local economy.

This is from the Gazette:

Fort Carson could lose 8,000 military and civilian jobs as part of an effort to cut troop levels, according to an Army study released Thursday. But the post could also gain more than 3,000 military and civilian jobs under a different scenario outlined in the same report.

Read more: Carson could lose 8,000 or add 3,000 by 2020 | soldiers, lose, carson - Report - Colorado Springs Gazette, CO

This is from the Colorado Springs Business Journal:

Under one scenario the Pentagon is considering, Fort Carson would lose 8,000 soldiers — and El Paso County will lose an additional 8,000 jobs. Under another scenario, the Mountain Post could see a net increase of 3,000 troops, and the county could see an equal rise in jobs.

The link: Army movement could help or harm El Paso County | Colorado Springs Business Journal

This is from the Pueblo Chieftain:

With the opening of another gate to Fort Carson — literally and figuratively — Pueblo is keeping close watch on a proposal for another round of U.S. military base realignments.

The link: Pueblo gears up to help protect Fort Carson gains - Pueblo Chieftain: Local Business

While this could impact the entire economy of southern Colorado obviously the economy that could be most impacted is Colorado Springs and I am told by PEDCO that the Springs economic development group is really concerned about this. I have talked about this for years that this could happen and Colorado Springs needs to diversify their economy but everyone told me that it could not. Well now lets see what happens.

Because of that this is a look at the economic impact the military has on Colorado Springs:

•Colorado as a whole receives $11.1 billion through the Department of Defense
•Estimated economic impact of the military on Colorado Springs metro was $6.5 billion in FY2010
•The direct and indirect military impact on the Colorado Springs economy is 30-35% of gross metropolitan product
•The five major military installations in El Paso County accounted for over 73,000 jobs in FY2010. (25,000 were civilian)

The link: http://www.csindy.com/IndyBlog/archi...l-the-military
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado