Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 05:44 PM

4 posts, read 11,911 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

My family and I are planning on moving to the Colorado Springs area in summer 2007. We are driving out there from California in a few days, and need some suggested area's to look at.

Basically, we are looking for a nice, friendly neighborhood, with good schools to call home. We have 4 kids, ages 1, 2, 6, and 13. We need a home with 4 bedrooms for around $200,000 to $250,000.

I was thinking around the Briargate area, but other suggestions would be great. I would like to make a list of areas to look at while we are there. So, if anyone can suggest some good places to look. I would appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2006, 09:40 AM

7 posts, read 55,720 times
We just moved here, so I'm not real familiar with the area...but we are in Peyton and really like it. We also liked the Monument/Palmer Lake area. I think most of the schools in this area are pretty good...at least in comparison from the schools we came from :-).
Good Luck!

Old 07-25-2006, 10:51 AM

137 posts, read 774,903 times
I just checked Briargate and their are 29 4 bedroom+ homes listed for under $250,000. If you are trying to stay on the north end you might also look at Rockrimmon and in the Tri-Lakes (Northgate, Monument) area. You sound like us with kids! We have a 4 month old, a 1 year old, a 2 year old, a 4 year old, and an 8 year old![moderator CUT]

Last edited by Marka; 07-25-2006 at 11:15 AM.. Reason: advertising - read the rules

Old 07-25-2006, 09:33 PM

119 posts, read 706,207 times
Default Kids, Kids, Kids

CSColorado,
God bless you for having all those kids so close in age!! How do you do it? You must have a lot of fun with them Seems like a lot of you out there have large families. Is this pretty common? Should I be getting busy if I want to fit in? I have two........Two down three to go......

Old 07-26-2006, 09:37 AM

137 posts, read 774,903 times
We have fun! Sometimes I think we might go crazy though. Most of my parents generation here had small families (1-2 kids). When I was younger I hardly knew anyone from a large family. It seems to be a little more of a trend now with my generation to have a little larger family. I meet a lot of people with 3-4 kids, but 5 is a lot for sure. What's funny is that for the first 4 years my husband and I were married we said "no kids"! Then we had one, and for the next 3 years we said just "one". The rest is a long story!

Old 07-26-2006, 09:06 PM

Yeah, even back here in CT it seems as though more and more women are having at least 3 kids if not more in some cases ( but yes, 5 is a lot!). It does appear to be a growing trend everywhere. I often think of having just one more, but then things start to get a little easier everyday with my two. I come from a family of 4 so it's in my blood to want more.............well maybe hmmmmmm I'll have to think about that some more. By the way, all your posts are very informational and helpful. Thank you.

Old 07-27-2006, 06:15 PM

2 posts, read 6,214 times
Default What a relief.

It's nice to see other people are getting sick of California and looking for something that seems more family focused. My husband and I along with our 1 year old are becoming more and more tempted to leave California's craziness and move somewhere more down to earth. We too like most of you are looking for a great neighborhood with great schools and I would like to find a place with moms who stay home and take care of the kids (so I can keep my sanity with adult conversation). I grew up in small town Iowa my husband grew up in big city California. I lived in New York City and Los Angeles and am ready to change back to the small town feel but with the large town amenities. Thanks again everyone for your great infomation.

Old 08-08-2006, 05:50 AM

3 posts, read 10,021 times
Hi
Like yourselves we are considering Colorado and are hoping to move from city living in England by November. I have a 13 year old and want to extend the family as soon as we are settled. I have friends that live in Peyton who we visited last year. It was a nice place but we would like to move closer to the Springs. I know very little about your school system. Your help and advice will be much appreciated. Many thanks

Old 08-08-2006, 11:27 AM

26,231 posts, read 49,107,208 times
Default School Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by lealo71
....we are considering Colorado and are hoping to move from a city in England by November. I have a 13 year old and want to extend the family as soon as settled. I know very little about your school system. Your help and advice will be much appreciated. Many thanks
Lealo71: Hello, there is much info on schools in the Colorado Forums, find it with the search tool. Here's a link to one of the better posts.
Schools in Colorado - Ratings & Performance

There are posts in Other Topics about whether or not to bring the furniture along - it can be expensive for international shipments. Unless it's very valuable or a family heirloom, you may wish to sell it over there, save the shipping costs, and buy new when you get here. We have a major chain in Colorado that sells excellent furniture for about half what others do....

s/Mike

Old 08-10-2006, 07:07 PM

Dear Mike FBE,
On the topic of selling furniture....would you recommend that for us coming from CT to CO. I do love most of my furniture but would love to get a whole new bedroom set so I'll probably sell that anyways. Are you speaking of selling everything and starting from scratch? Does it pay out to do that and not have to pay as much in shipping a lot of stuff?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs