Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 07:22 AM

32,119 posts, read 34,767,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Undisputed National Champs...Go Bucks
Are they? Some say that TCU should have been in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 07:39 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,999,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post

Oh I don't know.... The Buckeyes lose 4 seniors to the NFL draft. Braxton Miller goes down with a season ending injury prior to the start of the season, giving way to JT Barrett, who after a small hiccup in week 2 vs Virginia Tech guides the team along, proceeds to whip a heavily favored and higher ranked Michigan State team in a Big 10 matchup. Barrett then gets hurt in the season finale against Michigan, and little known 3rd string QB Cardell Jones gets the call. He proceeds to go out and whip Wisconsin 59-0 in the Big 10 Championship Game, and then takes down SEC powerhouse Alabama! And finally, he goes out and out-duels Heisman Trophy winner Marcus Mariota in the College Football Championship Game! I think it is pretty undisputed, and pretty damn legitimate!

Old 01-13-2015, 08:29 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,668,155 times
Quote:
I think TCU should have been in the final 4 but i wont dispute that OSU is the Champ.. no question about it.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:37 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,555,715 times
Congratulations Ohio State!

Old 01-13-2015, 08:43 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,935,878 times
TCU and Baylor were screwed by the fact that their conference does not have a Championship game... plus Ohio State helped their own cause tremendously by not only winning the B1G Championship but winning in such dominating fashion.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I think TCU should have been in the final 4 but i wont dispute that OSU is the Champ.. no question about it.
But this is the argument people on here make every year after every championship game.

"Had Oregon been in it...."

"Had the media not hand selected an SEC team..."

"If the powers that be didn't hate Notre Dame, which is a perpetual victim and underdog..."

"This whole system casts a long shadow over the BCS champ...."

I don't see how this year is any different. The bottom line is that TCU got shafted. And we'll never know if they were or weren't the best team because they weren't given a shot to prove it. After crushing Ole Miss in their bowl game this year, it's a bit hard to argue that they could not have beaten any of the four teams in the CFP this year.

Of course, Ohio State fans ain't complaining this year because the shaft worked in their favor. I don't think there will really be an "undisputed" champ until the playoff is expanded to include more teams.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:51 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,371,151 times
Quote:
But this is the argument people on here make every year after every championship game.

"Had Oregon been in it...."

"Had the media not hand selected an SEC team..."

"If the powers that be didn't hate Notre Dame, which is a perpetual victim and underdog..."

"This whole system casts a long shadow over the BCS champ...."

I don't see how this year is any different. The bottom line is that TCU got shafted. And we'll never know if they were or weren't the best team because they weren't given a shot to prove it. After crushing Ole Miss in their bowl game this year, it's a bit hard to argue that they could not have beaten any of the four teams in the CFP this year.

Of course, Ohio State fans ain't complaining this year because the shaft worked in their favor. I don't think there will really be an "undisputed" champ until the playoff is expanded to include more teams.

The case can be made that TCU should have been included in the top 4. What I think is beyond debate at this point is whether or not OSU deserved to be there. After demolishing Wisconsin in the B1G Championship, then beating Alabama, they earned their shot at the top.

I think what hurt TCU shot at the final 4 is that Big 12 lacks a championship game.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
The case can be made that TCU should have been included in the top 4. What I think is beyond debate at this point is whether or not OSU deserved to be there. After demolishing Wisconsin in the B1G Championship, then beating Alabama, they earned their shot at the top.

I think what hurt TCU shot at the final 4 is that Big 12 lacks a championship game.
That's not the issue. Deservin' ain't got nothing to do with it. The playoff system was supposed to make up for the flaws of the BCS system by pitting the best teams against each other. By excluding TCU from an attempt to win a title this year, that didn't happen. They were arguably if not certainly one of the four best teams in the country. So you get the same result as the old system where the title is "tainted" because a team that arguably should have had a shot didn't. How is TCU any different from any of the teams in the past that didn't get to play in a title game?

Old 01-13-2015, 10:22 AM

78,481 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Yep. They are the champ assuming it's not vacated sometime in the next 4-5 years.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:25 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,002,227 times
The Buckeyes have devoured the badger,koomkie & stuffed duck on their plate frog legs would just be an appetizer to this hungry squad!
I say 8 team playoff using the bowl system to get the final four ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football