Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Preference for?
Greater Charlotte 37 41.57%
Greater Cleveland 52 58.43%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 07:48 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,423,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Cleveland also has a poverty and crime people. Idk Cleveland as well as Chicago, but I'm assuming that there are areas similar to the South Side of Chicago, though not as bad. Those areas are probably suffering a population loss due to people escaping the violence and poverty.
One of Cleveland's historically more notorious neighborhoods is Hough, the scene of the most violent race riot in Cleveland's history.

On the 50th anniversary of the Hough riots, a look back at images and media coverage (photos) | cleveland.com

Note its population decay since 1960.

http://planning.city.cleveland.oh.us...eets/spa28.pdf

By 2010, the population was under 11,500. Note, however, the household income distribution in 2010. As the Greater University Circle area has begun to spill over into Hough, the number of high-income households have begun to increase in Hough due to new residential construction. The Hough population likely has reached a nadir.

http://planning.city.cleveland.oh.us...oads/Hough.pdf

This $500 million medical education campus project likely will further spur the redevelopment of Hough and the revitalization of Cleveland as a whole.

Cleveland Clinic, CWRU break ground on $515M Health Education Campus including dental clinic in Hough | cleveland.com

Case Western Reserve University, the 37th-ranked university in the U.S. by U.S. News & World Report, also is spilling out of University Circle into the adjacent Hough neighborhood.

First look: CWRU announces bold plan for a new greenway in University Circle (photos) (video) | cleveland.com

Hough seems destined to become part of what is now known as the Greater University Circle area. The employment and world-class cultural amenities afforded University Circle residents has spurred a high-density housing boom there.

One University Circle apartment tower, Cleveland's first such project in years, gets under way (photos) | cleveland.com

Welcome to Uptown Cleveland

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/30/re...g-project.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/21/tr...land.html?_r=0

So the relatively cheap and vacant areas of Hough pose great opportunities for developers.

There are few places of such concentrated cultural vitality in the U.S. as University Circle.

Additionally, University Circle is connected by rail and the 24/7 Healthline bus rapid (see post 15) with downtown's commercial, dining/entertainment, and sports venues.

The Red Line heavy rail rapid has two stations servicing University Circle and additionally connects UC with Ohio City's Market District and Cleveland Hopkins airport.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g...de.Market.html

TRAVEL to Cleveland

Cleveland's West Side Market - The Red Headed Traveler

25 can't-miss West Side Market eats | cleveland.com

The Healthline BRT also connects University Circle with downtown's Playhouse Square, one of the best theater districts in the U.S.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g...usesquare.html

KeyBank Broadway Series expanding run of shows from two to three weeks in 2016-17 season at Playhouse Square | cleveland.com

Historic Ohio Theatre lobby re-created 52 years after fire destroyed 1921 original (photos) | cleveland.com

Read about University and its attractions here, as well as about other Cleveland attractions.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g...Cleveland.html

Old 10-23-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosHogan View Post
Honest question for those that bash Charlotte for being bland and sterile. What makes a city like Cleveland so "unique"?
(Disclaimer, I like Cleveland, not bashing it here, just using it as a reference point)

But isn't it just another rust belt city with a bunch of historic (aka old) brick buildings downtown?
Read through post 41 carefully, and you'll see why Cleveland isn't bland.

If you think Cleveland is a bunch of "historic brick buildings downtown," you've likely never well explored Cleveland's downtown.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_City_Center

The Terminal Tower, one of the most historic buildings in the U.S., was featured in "Spider Man 3" and "The Avengers," among other films.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Termin...r#Architecture

Downtown Cleveland features historic arcades, including The Arcade, one of the nation's architectural gems from the 19th century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Arcade

5th Street Arcades :: 530 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH. 44115 ::

Read the Cleveland section of post 22 here:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopi...2015-Ohio.html

Key Tower is one of the great American skyscrapers built in the 1990s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_Tower

Downtown Cleveland is an architectural feast, and one of the continent's best showcases for repurposed buildings.

Geis brothers' plan for the Ameritrust complex is rescuing two Cleveland architectural landmarks | cleveland.com

Wednesday opening of Heinen's supermarket in Cleveland Trust Rotunda revives historic memories and marks new milestone in preservation (photos) | cleveland.com

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum now has complemented the Terminal Tower as Cleveland's iconic building and is one of the most famous works of I. M. Pei, echoing his famous pyramid design of the Louvre.

LERA - Leslie E. Robertson Associates

ARCHITECTURE VIEW - A Shrine to Rock Music With a Roll All Its Own - NYTimes.com

Cleveland's redesigned Public Square offers a central focus and democratic meeting place lacking in many U.S. cities.

http://www.cleveland.com/architectur...ames_corn.html

http://www.cleveland.com/architectur...ed_public.html

http://www.crainscleveland.com/artic...t-events-venue

Quote:
If I were standing in a suburb in Detroit, or Cincinnati, or Toledo, or Cleveland...would I know where I was?
Cleveland has many distinctive suburbs that would be instantly recognized by anybody familiar with them. How many suburbs have architectural walking tours, or have books written about them?

file:///C:/Users/Jim/AppData/Local/Temp/walking%20tour%20map.pdf

https://www.amazon.com/Distinguished.../dp/0960135677

On the Market: Shaker Heights, Ohio Photos | Architectural Digest

See post 22 here for examples of Cleveland's great New England-like public squares, a unique historical legacy of its founding as the Connecticut Western Reserve.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/ohio/...squares-3.html

http://www.cleveland.com/medina/inde...l_through.html

Quote:
And, no offense here, but if Cleveland is so great; why is the city and metro still losing people?
There is an ebb and flow in all things. Few regions have been more eviscerated by America's poor competitive policy responses to industrial globalization in the last half century. Yet Cleveland once was perhaps the wealthiest community in the world on a mean per capita basis, and its great "legacy bones" and public-minded spirit today offer a quality of life at a bargain cost found in few places in the U.S.

Last edited by WRnative; 10-23-2016 at 09:31 PM..

Old 10-24-2016, 08:52 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,510,918 times
I'm extremely familiar with both areas. I have a friend in the Cleveland area and have visited often. I live in the Charlotte area. "Greater" is fairly general and open-ended. But if you're talking about metro: Charlotte's is about 2.5 mil., Cleveland about 2.6 mil. and shrinking, not the 3+ mil. listed.

- Location - Both have good locations, but I like Charlotte's better. Not far from areas to visit from DC to FL. Close to the warm Atlantic and the mountains.

- Climate - Charlotte for sure. Sunny much of the time. Great 4-season climate. Someone of this thread said Charlotte's summers were "brutal". It gets hot, but "brutal" is a bit dramatic, lol. You can do much more outdoors for longer periods throughout the year in Charlotte than in Cleveland.

- Topography - Charlotte. Lots of trees/flowering plants/greenery, hills to the west, lakes/rivers. Cleveland has Lake Erie, which is nice.

- Diversity - Cleveland. More ethnic areas. Really nice.

- Culinary scene - Charlotte. There are more options here than many realize.

- Cultural Institutions (museums, botanical gardens, memorials, art galleries, zoos, so on) - Slight edge to Cleveland, but just barely. Other than a zoo, Charlotte has all of the above and they're really nice.

- Performing Arts (theater, symphony opera, ballet, musical organizations) - Cleveland.

- Music scene - Cleveland.

- Sports scene - Cleveland.

- City parks - Just from my experience, I'd say Charlotte. Plus I have to throw in the U.S. National Whitewater Center. It's a 700-acre, very unique outdoors recreation center in Charlotte. Heavily wooded and gorgeous. The Olympic Kayak trails are always there. A man-made whitewater rapids course, massive ziplines, biking, hiking, river kayaking/canoeing, restaurants, etc.

- Nightlife - I'm not a partyer, so no opinion here.

- Theme parks/Amusement parks - Charlotte (Carowinds). Someone mentioned Cleveland, stating that Cedar Point is an hour away. Though Sandusky isn't far from Cleveland, it's not in the metro area being an hour away. If that be the case, then we need to add 2 major zoos to Charlotte (NC Zoo and Riverbanks Zoo).

- Educational institutions (both K-12 and higher education - colleges and universities) - Cleveland.

- Job market and economy - Charlotte. For a Rust Belt area, Cleveland is doing fairly well. But when your area is actually loosing population, its economy can only do so well. Charlotte's has been consistently one of the nation's strongest economies for the last 25 years.

- Cost of living - Tie.

- Crime and safety - Tie.

- Architecture - Cleveland.

- City neighborhoods - Close, but Cleveland.

- Area suburbs - Close, but Charlotte.

- Public transport (inner city rail and commuter rail) - Charlotte (light rail)

- Airports - Charlotte. Really good airport with lots of connections.

- Infrastructure (roads, sidewalks, so on) - Cleveland.

- Downtown vibrancy - Tie.

- Structural density - No opinion. Some sections of both metros are dense, some aren't.

I have a special place in my heart for Cleveland. Great area and would recommend it to someone as long as they have a job already lined up. But, IMO, the Charlotte area is clearly better from a livability standpoint. That's why I live here and have stayed here. If you look at multiple publications and reports that rank metros over the last 20-25 years and notice the metros that are constantly on those lists, Charlotte is one of them. So, my vote in this case, is CHARLOTTE.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:04 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,873,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post

- Theme parks/Amusement parks - Charlotte (Carowinds). Someone mentioned Cleveland, stating that Cedar Point is an hour away. Though Sandusky isn't far from Cleveland, it's not in the metro area being an hour away. If that be the case, then we need to add 2 major zoos to Charlotte (NC Zoo and Riverbanks Zoo).
You could even add in Emerald Pointe which in relationship to the distance from Cleveland to Cedar Point would be a 10 minute difference.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:11 AM

538 posts, read 658,345 times
Quote:
I'm extremely familiar with both areas. I have a friend in the Cleveland area and have visited often. I live in the Charlotte area. "Greater" is fairly general and open-ended. But if you're talking about metro: Charlotte's is about 2.5 mil., Cleveland about 2.6 mil. and shrinking, not the 3+ mil. listed.

- Location - Both have good locations, but I like Charlotte's better. Not far from areas to visit from DC to FL. Close to the warm Atlantic and the mountains.

- Climate - Charlotte for sure. Sunny much of the time. Great 4-season climate. Someone of this thread said Charlotte's summers were "brutal". It gets hot, but "brutal" is a bit dramatic, lol. You can do much more outdoors for longer periods throughout the year in Charlotte than in Cleveland.

- Topography - Charlotte. Lots of trees/flowering plants/greenery, hills to the west, lakes/rivers. Cleveland has Lake Erie, which is nice.

- Diversity - Cleveland. More ethnic areas. Really nice.

- Cultural Institutions (museums, botanical gardens, memorials, art galleries, zoos, so on) - Slight edge to Cleveland, but just barely. Other than a zoo, Charlotte has all of the above and they're really nice.

- Performing Arts (theater, symphony opera, ballet, musical organizations) - Cleveland.

- Music scene - Cleveland.

- Sports scene - Cleveland.

- City parks - Just from my experience, I'd say Charlotte. Plus I have to throw in the U.S. National Whitewater Center. It's a 700-acre, very unique outdoors recreation center in Charlotte. Heavily wooded and gorgeous. The Olympic Kayak trails are always there. A man-made whitewater rapids course, massive ziplines, biking, hiking, river kayaking/canoeing, restaurants, etc.

- Nightlife - I'm not a partyer, so no opinion here.

- Educational institutions (both K-12 and higher education - colleges and universities) - Cleveland.

- Job market and economy - Charlotte. For a Rust Belt area, Cleveland is doing fairly well. But when your area is actually loosing population, its economy can only do so well. Charlotte's has been consistently one of the nation's strongest economies for the last 25 years.

- Cost of living - Tie.

- Crime and safety - Tie.

- Architecture - Cleveland.

- City neighborhoods - Close, but Cleveland.

- Airports - Charlotte. Really good airport with lots of connections.

- Infrastructure (roads, sidewalks, so on) - Cleveland.

- Structural density - No opinion. Some sections of both metros are dense, some aren't.

I have a special place in my heart for Cleveland. Great area and would recommend it to someone as long as they have a job already lined up. But, IMO, the Charlotte area is clearly better from a livability standpoint. That's why I live here and have stayed here. If you look at multiple publications and reports that rank metros over the last 20-25 years and notice the metros that are constantly on those lists, Charlotte is one of them. So, my vote in this case, is CHARLOTTE.
Cleveland CSA is 3.5M which is I think what the OP was referencing. Cedar Point is in the CSA which is why I think(and agree with) most people have been giving the theme parks to Cleveland.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Facts:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

The "primary statistical area" is very important. E.g., Cleveland is the de facto cultural and sports center of its large CSA.

So, not surprisingly, Cleveland's cultural and pro sports amenities dwarf those in Charlotte.

Quote:

You belittle Cedar Point because it's one hour from downtown Cleveland (much closer to western suburbs), then aggrandize Charlotte because of its relative proximity to the Atlantic Ocean, and, even DC???

Actually, Cleveland is slightly closer to DC than Charlotte in travel time, according to Google maps -- slightly over six hours in both cases.

In proximity to major cities, Cleveland blows away Charlotte. It's a slightly over five hours from Chicago, slightly over seven hours from New York City, and less than five hours from Toronto, for those who want to visit a foreign country. Detroit still has major attractions (including one of the nation's best art museums and The Henry Ford) and is less than three hours from Cleveland. Pittsburgh and Columbus are just over two hours from Cleveland. Cincinnati is less than four hours from Cleveland. Niagara Falls and Letchworth State Park are less than four hours from Cleveland and Michigan's Gold Coast is less than five hours from Cleveland.

Ohio Amish Country, the largest Amish community in the world, surrounds Cleveland to the east and south. See Holmes County here.

Top 10 Places to See Autumn Leaves -- National Geographic

So, when it comes to weekend trips by car, Cleveland overwhelms Charlotte.

Cleveland also is a great location for day trips.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g...Day.Trips.html

Lake Erie's water temperature gets above 75 degrees in August. There is no salt, no sharks, no jellyfish. For toddlers, there are several gently sloping sand beaches with often mild wave action. Having spent days on both ocean and Lake Erie beaches, there are advantages to both. Here's the strange rub, however. Some of my great memories in life are ice fishing on Lake Erie, and walking a mile offshore on a frozen Lake Erie.

Not to mention that the Great Lakes, containing 20 percent of the world's fresh surface, are an incomparable fresh water source in an increasingly thirsty world.

Oh, yeah, Charlotte is almost four hours to the Atlantic Ocean. There is a Lake Erie beach less than 10 minutes from downtown Cleveland. And Cleveland is about eight hours from excellent New Jersey and Delaware ocean beach areas.

Being a coastal city on a major water body, with a robust boating culture, is a major plus of Cleveland over Charlotte.

Quote:
This is a joke. I do things year-round outdoors in Cleveland, and the varied experiences dwarf those available in Charlotte.

Icicles & Frozen Waterfalls Photography Workshop, The Holden Arboretum (FULL) | Ian Adams Photography

You've apparently never experienced the joy of sledding, cross country skiing, tubing, or even downhill skiing, snowboarding, ice skating outdoors, or riding toboggans in Greater Cleveland.

I never in my life experienced more oppressive heat and humidity (and pervasive rattlers) than on a vacation spent in August in the North Carolina mountains.

Many persons enjoy year-round warmth. Yet large numbers of Americans obviously prefer life in the north, given the typically superior cultural amenities, but also many enjoy the vigorous outdoor life offered in the Great Lakes and other northern regions.

Quote:
This is debatable, and not just because of Lake Erie. Cleveland is not flat, as part of it is in the
Appalachian foothills. There are nice waterfalls and deep river and creek gorges. Falls colors rival those of New England, the rolling rural areas south of Cleveland are extremely bucolic, especially in areas with large Amish populations.

Quote:
Really? How many James Beard best chefs are active in Charlotte? Cleveland has two -- Michael Symon of ABC's "The Chew" and cable food network fame, and Jonathan Sawyer. The city is famed for its "mod ethnic" and old ethnic food culture.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g....Overview.html

Michael Symon's influence on the Cleveland dining scene and reputation is profound.

Where pierogi are king: Sokolowski

How mod ethnic works -- pierogies with beef cheek.

Silver Spoons: We Wish Michael Symon's pierogies weren't so delicious.

Mabel's BBQ

<<So your restaurants and culinary background are in Cleveland. How is Cleveland as a food city? It's actually very strong, I would say, for a mid-market city. If you take New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and San Francisco out of the equation I think Cleveland's probably the strongest food city in the country. "Farm-to-table" is kind of the new hip term but we've had that in Cleveland for 20 years; we've always had a strong connection with farmers.>>

Meet & Eat: Michael Symon | Serious Eats

Surrounded by one of the nation's most fecund agricultural regions (Ohio Amish Country and the former Great Black Swamp to the west), Cleveland has developed a strong locavore restaurant tradition.

Lake Erie perch and walleye are popular local delicacies not readily found outside the Great Lakes region. Good Italian restaurants (not pizza parlors) are pervasive.

And famous foodie author Michael Ruhlman calls Cleveland home:

Hot new dining city: Cleveland?! - LA Times

And Cleveland has the West Side Market and Ohio City Market District. See links in post 41.

Quote:

Cleveland has arguably the best orchestra in the U.S., the most beautiful concert hall, and the country's best summer classical music venue.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/12/ar...ival.html?_r=0

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/01/10/ar...ely-sound.html

https://www.clevelandorchestra.com/p...-music-center/

It has one of the nation's very best art museums, with free admission.

20 Must-See Art Museums in America | Fodor's Travel

It has one of the nation's best theater districts. See the links to Playhouse Square in post 41.

It is the home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum.

Cleveland has one of the best zoos in the U.S., and is within a couple hours of two others in the top rankings -- Toledo and Columbus. These are easy day trips, as is the very good zoo in Pittsburgh.

http://www.10best.com/awards/travel/best-us-zoo/

Quote:
Very doubtful. See post 30. Perhaps if you're considering only parks within Cleveland and Charlotte proper, Charlotte has an edge, but otherwise, everything in this thread suggests that Cleveland has a substantial edge.

Quote:
As noted, you wanted to include the Atlantic Ocean four hours away as a Charlotte advantage. Cedar Point for years has been the top-rated amusement park in the U.S. by Amusement Today.

Cedar Point, the roller coast capital of the world, sits on a beautiful Lake Erie peninsula, with a large marina, ferry service to the Lake Erie islands, and a large beach. It is the flagship park of Cedar Fair, which also owns Carowinds.

Quote:
And yet the per capita income is 10 percent higher in Greater Cleveland. See post 17.

Quote:
Highly unlikely, but I don't know Charlotte suburbs. How many Charlotte suburbs have robust mass transit service, let alone rail service such as Cleveland Heights and Shaker Heights?

What suburb in Charlotte remotely compares to Shaker Heights, or, for sheer wealth, Hunting Valley?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaker_Heights,_Ohio

http://www.huntingvalley.net/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunting_Valley,_Ohio

What Charlotte suburb has a lake culture like Rocky River with a major yachting club?

Lakewood, adjacent to Cleveland, has very good mass transit connections to Cleveland, is home of Cleveland's Gold Coast, and has one of the very highest population densities in the Midwest. It is a highly acclaimed city. What Charlotte suburb is comparable?

Solon, OH, has been ranked as one of the best places to live in the U.S. by Money Magazine. Twinsburg was ranked 22. Harrisburg is the highest Charlotte suburb on the list at 41. Stallings is ranked 46.

http://time.com/money/3984416/solon-...-to-live-2015/

In recent years, CNN also has ranked Mentor and Highland Heights among the top 50 small cities in the U.S.

Greater Cleveland has several excellent high schools. E.g., check out Solon, Chagrin Falls and Shaker Heights on this list.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...iors_name.html

Quote:
You obviously don't know Cleveland well and haven't read this thread carefully. See post 15.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...l#post45890102

Quote:
Really? Cleveland has a downtown casino, one of the nation's best theater districts, three pro sports venues, and several entertainment/dining districts. Cleveland's downtown residential population is mushrooming, having already reached 14,000.

With its new convention center and its medical mart, Cleveland has a burgeoning convention business, especially having just hosted the Republican National Convention.

My preference for Cleveland is its world-class cultural amenities, great natural areas including Lake Erie, and more robust pro sports than Charlotte. I enjoy Cleveland's ethnic and diverse vibrancy and relatively close proximity to great attractions. As noted, median per capita income also is 10 percent higher in Cleveland.

Admittedly, if I didn't enjoy a winter season, Cleveland wouldn't be as attractive to me.

Last edited by WRnative; 10-24-2016 at 12:22 PM..

Old 10-24-2016, 12:02 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,904,687 times
Well I guess we know who works for the Clevand CoC LOL.

Old 10-24-2016, 12:06 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,904,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
I never in my life experienced more oppressive heat and humidity (and pervasive rattlers) than on a vacation spent in August in the North Carolina mountains.
I'm guessing you're never been to the Gulf Coast or even parts of the East Coast during the summer.

Old 10-24-2016, 01:05 PM

1,545 posts, read 1,873,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post

You belittle Cedar Point because it's one hour from downtown Cleveland (much closer to western suburbs), then aggrandize Charlotte because of its relative proximity to the Atlantic Ocean, and, even DC???

Know the response wasn't directed my way but I don't think the point was to be little Cedar Point more so than to say that Charlotte's theme parks are in Charlotte.

Really isn't that hot but maybe you just weren't used to it especially since it is cooler in the mountains.

As noted, you wanted to include the Atlantic Ocean four hours away as a Charlotte advantage. Cedar Point for years has been the top-rated amusement park in the U.S. by Amusement Today.

Again I know this was intended for me but it's slow at work and I have some time, don't think that was to say a advantage in a theme park stance but location as Florida was also mentioned.

And yet the per capita income is 10 percent higher in Greater Cleveland. See post 17.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_areas_by_GDP

Charlotte has a slightly higher GDP

also maybe different sites say different things but it looks like Charlotte's per capita income is higher

Quote:
Cleveland, Ohio,sales tax rate is 8.00%. Income tax is 5.76%. The income per capita is $16,812, which includes all adults and children. The median household income is $26,556.
Quote:
Charlotte, North Carolina,sales tax rate is 7.25%. Income tax is 5.80%. The income per capita is $31,653, which includes all adults and children. The median household income is $52,916.
What Charlotte suburb has a lake culture like Rocky River with a major yachting club?

While Charlotte has nothing like Lake Erie, The Charlotte suburbs of Huntersville, Davidson, Cornelius, Mooresville, Statesville, Lake Norman(town), are all on Lake Norman( Lake Norman is sometimes referred to as the "inland sea" of North Carolina; it offers 520 miles (840 km) of shoreline and a surface area of more than 50 square miles (130 km2))

(This vid is corny and is a promotional piece but you'll get the point)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdxOKw4qA2Y

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...8808141ccf.jpg

http://charlottemeetingroom.com/wp-c.../01/queens.png
Not Lake Erie but fairly large

Last edited by JMT; 10-24-2016 at 06:43 PM..

Old 10-24-2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I'm guessing you're never been to the Gulf Coast or even parts of the East Coast during the summer.
I have been and had a great time, although very crowded with slow traffic.

My point, not directly made, is that if nearby mountains are listed as a regional asset, and if you want to downgrade Cleveland for winter weather, understand many of us similarly find high heat and humidity very undesirable and wouldn't rate the mountain experience during the hot summer months in North Carolina very highly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City