Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which has the worse slums/ghettos?
Baltimore(Bodymore) 93 30.29%
Detroit 214 69.71%
Voters: 307. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 10:22 AM

447 posts, read 1,564,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
nycistheplace2
how many times have you been to Detroit??? or Bmore for that matter?
Detroit-a few times.
Baltimore- more times then I can count. Since I was born.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 10:24 AM

If you did show that, it would help prove your point.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:59 AM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,393,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycistheplace2 View Post
Detroit-a few times.
Baltimore- more times then I can count. Since I was born.
Really? Where in Detroit? When was this?

Old 08-09-2010, 12:07 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,393,656 times
Quote:
If you did show that, it would help prove your point.
How when the avg Detroiter don't stay in Indian Village or Sherwood forest? Like I said those are regualar residental streets in Detroit. Simple homes, plenty are in nice areas with working people.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:41 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,872,645 times
Quote:
how many times have you been here? I swear I HATE ppl like you. Hide behind your computer making and commenting on threads about what city is worst but its funny because out of all of you like this 99% have either never been to the cities you drag down or only been to one area. Smmfh! How about come here and I will give a personal tour of the ghettos, abandon areas and the more affluent areas. Why don't you drive from the eastside to the westside & from southwest to northend before you talk ****!. Funny thing is you all sit in ur so called "great cities" and point your finger. "oh I never been to Detroit but I'll say Detroit is worst because the media keep telling me its bare and vacant and nothing but thugs there" smh pathetic fools. How is it if you never been to one of the cities how the hell would you know which is worse? idiots!. I never been to Baltimore but I have always wanted to go regaurdless of what the damn media says or how many "The Wire" type shows are made. Just as I always wanted to go to Philly and N.O as well because I know from living in the Detroit that media will overexaggerate **** to the max. Esp when dealing with a city with a sizable black population. But I won't get on any forum downing any city either. Half the cities you all live in aren't much better by the way. Maybe more nice parts but still have plenty of ghetto as well.
Well said. When joining C-D a few years ago, I joined because some people gave interesting perspectives and I felt I would learn something from people that live all over. I read through this thread with the hopes of some people rejecting the comparison of slums. In reality, it's not much different from comparing who got raped worse out of two women. Sound harsh? It's not, because lots of bad things happen in these areas, yet people are on this site trying to figure out which one out-does the other.

I'd rather read a thread that brainstormed on which city could improve city conditions faster, and how.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Really? Where in Detroit? When was this?
Last time was summer 2008. Stayed with a cousin.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:05 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,267,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
Well said. When joining C-D a few years ago, I joined because some people gave interesting perspectives and I felt I would learn something from people that live all over. I read through this thread with the hopes of some people rejecting the comparison of slums. In reality, it's not much different from comparing who got raped worse out of two women. Sound harsh? It's not, because lots of bad things happen in these areas, yet people are on this site trying to figure out which one out-does the other.

I'd rather read a thread that brainstormed on which city could improve city conditions faster, and how.
I like that part.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:06 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCOriolesfan View Post
I like that part.
Agreed.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:06 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,267,578 times
Quote:
Last time was summer 2008. Stayed with a cousin.
We're you "chillin" with them like you were "chillin" in East B-more?

Old 08-09-2010, 09:15 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,225,244 times
Yeah but at least Baltimore has these to give you fair warning that your're venturing into the Ghetto.
Attached Thumbnails
Baltimore vs Detroit who has the worst slums?-baltimore-believe-police-blue-lights.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City