Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 01:59 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,942,354 times

Advertisements

Thanks for posting your first-hand experience, Slowrunr! There are a lot of DAAP'rs in the gaslights area and in northside a little farther out. And all along probasco and riddle. It makes good sense with DAAP sitting at the NW corner of campus. (I am a DAAP alumnus) Best of luck to your daughter, DAAP is every bit as good as its reputatio suggests
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 06:41 PM

30 posts, read 85,766 times
I did search craigslist but a lot of the offerings are a bit shady. There are also a lot of offerings near the frat houses, which I plan on avoiding. any safe apt complexes?

Old 06-28-2010, 07:28 PM

bump.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:34 AM

The Forum Complex on Martin Luther King and Clifton Colony come to mind as larger complexes in the area. Both have a shuttle running to campus and are self-contained enough that crime won't be an issue. Not an endorsement, but it may be worth checking those out. In the clifton gaslights area along ludlow you will find four-to-eight unit buildings but no large complexes. The other complexes are stetson square and the one on McMillan, but those locations might be less convenient and the one on mcmillain i would guess is pretty rowdy despite being almost brand new. Just googled and there is one called "McAlpin Apartments" that is in a nice location, not sure about the complex itself though

Old 06-30-2010, 12:10 AM

Thanks so much! Is the gaslight area safe and convenient? How far is it from UC?

Old 06-30-2010, 12:10 PM

I was also wondering how much heat is per month? Thanks

Old 06-30-2010, 04:15 PM

7 posts, read 11,283 times
I'm not sure about heat, I guess it would depend on what type of heating system the apt has, is it an updated system or older. Ask the person that you are renting from what an average monthly heating bill would be. Maybe a previous student could give more input here?
The Clifton area, near Ludlow or the streets that I mentioned, is a very nice area. It appears safe but you are still in the city, so just be aware. I would feel very comfortable with my daughter living in this area. There are many grad students living there (especially with all the hospitals surrounding the school).

Old 06-30-2010, 07:03 PM

you can call duke energy and give them an address, they will tell you average utility bills. guestimate for a 1BR is that gas + electric including heat and air conditioning would average about $90 / month

Old 07-03-2010, 11:09 AM

2 posts, read 5,327 times
I recently graduated from UC. It is a wonderful place and I hope you come to love it as much as I do. True, the surrounding area can be a little unsafe... so don't walk alone at night if you can avoid it, and try to live in one of the areas these people have suggested, and you should be fine. In my opinion, the gaslight district is a bit of a far walk from campus, although it can be done. I would go for the University Park Apartments (which are basically on campus so the location couldn't be better in terms of walking to class) or Riddle Rd., which I always thought had a nice feel to it. Jefferson Ave. also has some very good places, as long as you are on the stretch of the road that is right next to campus, if that makes sense.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:35 AM
jds

162 posts, read 456,744 times
I have ? about UC... How is the Criminal justice program out there the Grad program? Also, is it easy to meet new people in the Cincy area since I would be moving in from out of state if I were to move to the area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati