Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 03:48 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,334,427 times

Advertisements

Hartwell Girl, do you have many out of town guests? If someplace is too "off the beaten path" it may be hard for someone visiting the area to find it.
How many people do you think you'll need to accommodate?

It's not quite an outdoor venue, but we looked at doing ours in the Cincinnati History Museum in the Riverboat exhibit (in the Museum Center). I think that would be super cool; guests are allowed to tour the museum. The only downside is, the cobblestone streets could be tough on people with high heels.

It might be fun (and unique) to have it in the Hayloft Barn at Winton Woods. Hamilton County Parks has several other venues as well.

The Krohn Conservatory would be an amazing place to have a wedding.

What about Mt Storm Park in Clifton? Mt Echo Park in Price Hill? One thing Cincinnati has is really nice parks.

How about the Vasey Garden in Mt. Airy Forest and Arboretum?

The Vinoklet Winery would be a super-cool place to get married. Who wouldn't want to get married in a vineyard?

I'll let you know if I think of any more unique spots. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 07:32 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,135,904 times
mmm....some places I have not heard of....NICE! Thank you.

We will be having a small wedding for family only, still trying to pin that number down--less than 50 at the wedding is my personal goal....the reception however, that is another story--my answer to that would be as many as we can fit into a space! lol.

Okay, now you guys have put me to work! THANK YOU!

Old 12-31-2009, 08:01 AM

Almost forgot to congratulate you on your engagement. Congratulations!

Old 12-31-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3780 View Post
Almost forgot to congratulate you on your engagement. Congratulations!
Thank you... I am over the moon excited!
We have been together for a lot longer than most marriages last, so I always referred to him as my husband, but now it will be official. I start crying everytime I think about it.

Old 12-31-2009, 03:46 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,502,714 times
Our son and DIL had a hog roast reception for their wedding at an old restored/remodeled barn that was located east of Hamilton. There was lots of outdoor space, room for corn hole and softball games, and the barn itself was really nice inside, even air conditioned. I seem to remember a little lake on the property too, but it's been several years and they made all the arrangements. I don't remember the name or the exact location, but we went east of Hamilton on 4 and then turned left down a country road to get there. It seems that it was only a couple hundred dollars to rent the entire property for the whole day. In fact the guy who roasted the hog was able to come in the night before and spend the night so he could get the fire started very early in the morning. I will have to contact the kids to get the name of the place since I don't remember.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:52 PM

I recently read that the Cincinnati Observatory (http://www.cincinnatiobservatory.org/Resources/COC-Rental-Fee-Info-2008.pdf - broken link) also does weddings. That might be a unique location for an outdoor wedding. (3489 Observatory Place)

Old 01-04-2010, 03:10 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3780 View Post
I recently read that the Cincinnati Observatory (http://www.cincinnatiobservatory.org/Resources/COC-Rental-Fee-Info-2008.pdf - broken link) also does weddings. That might be a unique location for an outdoor wedding. (3489 Observatory Place)
Hehehe. The Observatory buildings are 300 feet from my front door. Nice location, but no garden elements.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:54 PM

Got a new one to check out soon, its a barn that is been renovated on the property of the St. Clare convent on Compton Road just west of Vine Street. If any of you are familiar with the area, then you know the old barn on the property...plus there are a lot of pretty gardens on the property. They are having an open house on Jan 14th and I will be there to check the place out...they dont have rates yet but hope to have them soon but they penciled me in for my June date, so we may have a winner! I will keep you all posted...dont stop with the ideas, I am sharing them with my cousin who is having the same issues as me so all your help is GREATLY appreciated!

Old 01-30-2010, 10:50 AM

3 posts, read 14,822 times
Default garden wedding

We went to a wedding out in the village of Newtown at the Big Yellow house in center of town. Huge tent over beautiful coy pond and surrounded by flower gardens. I tried to attach a picture but not sure it will come through. I have the owners email but not sure I should post it here. If interested let me know woodsmith275@gmail.com and I will send directly to you.

Best of luck with your wedding and the life that follows. Woodsmith
Attached Thumbnails
Outdoor wedding venues...-newtown-wedding.jpg  

Old 01-31-2010, 05:49 AM

Ah Woodsmith, that is BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for taking the time to post that!! I do apprecaite it very much.
Well, we locked in the new Centennial Barn on the grounds of St. Clares Mercy Franciscan Terrace here right near Hartwell on Compton Road. The barn is beautiful and recently underwent a huge renovation and you also have the option of using the chapel, which although I was dead set on an outdoor wedding, fell in love with the beautiful old 1894 chapel the minute I walked inside. And I wont have to worry about rain! lol
Its funny how we THINK we know what we want until our eyes are opened to another option...kinda like a lot of the debates on this forum.
THANK YOU again everyone!! Hopefully someone else can use some of these ideas too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati