Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 09:28 AM

4 posts, read 17,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soozycue520 View Post
What was the name of the bar atop the Holiday Inn on 8th & Linn? Was it Lucy in the Sky? I think it was. It would fit into that category.
I am very new to this site,but when you talk about Lucy's in the Sky. I loved it. I was there in 1978, met a lady that I am still in contact with and brought my girl friend up from Nashville. Man , what a club. I stayed on the 11th floor and the club was on the 12th. I never had to wait downstairs in those long long lines. The ladies were very very beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 09:38 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,480,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jctsu View Post
I am very new to this site,but when you talk about Lucy's in the Sky. I loved it. I was there in 1978, met a lady that I am still in contact with and brought my girl friend up from Nashville. Man , what a club. I stayed on the 11th floor and the club was on the 12th. I never had to wait downstairs in those long long lines. The ladies were very very beautiful.
I could be mistaken, but I think that Cincinnati celebrity radio executive James (The Squirrel) Stadtmiller, may have hosted the Lucy's events at about that time. Do you recall hearing the Squirrel say that "all the women were beautiful and all the guys had good jobs?" His trademark at the time.

Old 12-22-2009, 01:47 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,806,233 times
I think Tiger recently placed a whole new meaning on the term Cougar. Unless you are in his league, I recommend the many sports bar establishments around Cincinnati where you many encounter some good conversation, a pleasant evening, and who knows what else.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
I could be mistaken, but I think that Cincinnati celebrity radio executive James (The Squirrel) Stadtmiller, may have hosted the Lucy's events at about that time. Do you recall hearing the Squirrel say that "all the women were beautiful and all the guys had good jobs?" His trademark at the time.
I can honestly say, I was so in love with the club and partiers, that he could have said it but my mind was else where. I do remember meeting Johnny Bench in the rest room, hahah. No, I did not ask for an autograph.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:00 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,480,869 times
Quote:
I can honestly say, I was so in love with the club and partiers, that he could have said it but my mind was else where. I do remember meeting Johnny Bench in the rest room, hahah. No, I did not ask for an autograph.
Lucy's was a very fun place, but the owners, Weingartner Hammonds a big company with multiple properties, ran a pretty tight ship. What was truly decadent were the Glass and the Conservatory which were both owned by the partiers themselves. There simply were no limits. At the Conservatory, I once had to work around the hostess who was engaged on the rest room lavatory counter to wash my hands. You wouldn't see that today. But, it was an entertaining time.

As for Johnny, he was a true gentleman at all times. He showed class even when circumstances would easily have permitted otherwise. I saw him repeatedly. Can't say the same for number 14.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:27 AM

10,261 posts, read 12,513,310 times
Cincinnati named 'cougar capital of Ohio'

lol

Old 02-08-2013, 12:51 PM

213 posts, read 675,017 times
All the hole in the bars on the west side are hot spots and always have been. The problem is most of the women have all kinds of baggage as well.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:10 PM

Quote:
[SIZE=2] Friday, May 2, 1997 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=6] Lucy's has one last dance[/SIZE]
[SIZE=6][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]
BY JIM KNIPPENBERG
The Cincinnati Enquirer

[SIZE=2] Keeping eyes and ears open, Psst! has learned all kinds of things making rounds on the saloon circuit ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Day is done[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2] Well dang, just when '70s retro is getting to be too too hot, a Cincinnati icon of that very era is dying. That would be Lucy's, age 21.
Lucy's in the Sky, on the glass-walled 12th floor of the Holiday Inn downtown, closes Saturday morning after the 2 a.m. last call.
Lucy's, for those who have been living in a cave these past two decades, was the place for many of its 21 years. Great dance floor and great meat market (to use a politically incorrect '70s term), complete with Little Foxes (like Playboy Bunnies only in fox suits) dishing up the booze.
All the local jock celebs, visiting stars and local flashy folk went there to get wound up doing the disco thing in white suits and hair bigger than your father's Buick.
Gradually, with the opening of dance floors at places such as the Waterfront and Conservatory, Lucy's crowd started slip sliding away.
The other problem, hotel manager Bill Beard says, is that the hotel needs a room for functions and has nowhere to go - except to take over Lucy's.
The farewell party featuring house DJ E.J. and several ex-Lucy DJs runs 4 p.m.-2 a.m. Beard is going to give away the bar's famous accoutrements as door prizes: The mirrored ball goes; so do the neon lights; ditto the big wooden wall sculpture and, get this, 21 years worth of albums
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Old 03-14-2014, 09:24 PM

148 posts, read 188,237 times
OP u are 30 bro, i dont think u are the demographic they are looking for

Old 03-15-2014, 06:25 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,835,891 times
As of today he's 34 and maybe 35. (Does anybody look at OP dates? )
Jag's was mentioned one time in this thread. From what I hear it still very much has that reputation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati