Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2024, 02:32 PM

99 posts, read 57,581 times

Advertisements

I recently moved to Indy and can't stand it. I am looking for An alternative with more vitality. Rn my considerations are Louisville or Cincy.

I am considering an arrangement where I stay in a motel for a couple of days in Indy and go to the office, then go back to somewhere that doesn't suck so I don't have to be miserable here.

What neighborhoods do you recommend in cincinatti for a young professional? So far I have read about OTR, Oakley, and Hyde parl

What is your experiences with cincy vs Indy. Do you find Cincy a meaningful upgrade or no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2024, 03:44 PM

3,254 posts, read 1,409,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baller1234 View Post
I recently moved to Indy and can't stand it. I am looking for An alternative with more vitality. Rn my considerations are Louisville or Cincy.

I am considering an arrangement where I stay in a motel for a couple of days in Indy and go to the office, then go back to somewhere that doesn't suck so I don't have to be miserable here.

What neighborhoods do you recommend in cincinatti for a young professional? So far I have read about OTR, Oakley, and Hyde parl

What is your experiences with cincy vs Indy. Do you find Cincy a meaningful upgrade or no?
My daughter (31) just moved to Oakley and she likes it very much. We haven't been to Indy in 15 years or so, but I always thought it was a nice city and very comparable to Cincinnati, so not sure if you would find the city as a whole an upgrade. But, I would think you would be pretty content in any of the places you mentioned.

Old 02-01-2024, 09:35 AM

1,212 posts, read 501,942 times
If you want more greenspace or the possibility thereof Hyde Park/Oakley. There is also a ton of shopping there with Rookwood Commons & Pavilion - All Your Favorite Stores & Restaurants (shoprookwood.com)
There are plenty of places to walk to but it's more car centric as opposed to Over the Rhine (and I would not discount the Central Business District just South of OTR).

OTR/Downtown is as urban as it gets. You can walk everywhere, too many restaurants/bars to list. There is a Kroger downtown as well. There are a number of smaller gyms and a larger Planet Fitness in Southern Downtown in the Banks development.

If you to complicate it a little more check out Mt. Adams and across the river Covington and Newport.

Old 02-06-2024, 10:06 PM

I’ll have to head down to a the city and get a motel to check it out. What neighborhoods do you think would be most dog friendly?

Old 02-07-2024, 10:16 AM

189 posts, read 309,047 times
Oakley and Hyde Park for dogs. Driving through there you see people walking dogs all the time. Ault Park, located in Hyde Park is a nice place to hang out with your dog, maybe play some frisbee with them if they are into that. Pretty sure dogs are always supposed to be on a leash there but I see people playing frisbee with them there on a regular basis.

Regarding Over the Rhine as a place to stay, and I know that area has its share of fans, but I suggest you check it out in advance before staying there. Still a lot of sketchy areas woven in with areas that are considered to be okay.

Old 02-07-2024, 10:33 AM

1,212 posts, read 501,942 times
Check out Eden Park for sure. It's next to Mt. Adams and you can also walk to the CBD and Downtown if you want to.

Old 02-07-2024, 02:44 PM

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: