Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2023, 08:58 PM

116 posts, read 212,491 times

Advertisements

Currently looking at an apartment in the zip code 45202 (The Current at the Banks). Just wondering if this is a good location for a single woman. Is this a safe place to go walking by myself or walking my dog? Is the traffic around this area horrific? Parking? Shops/restaurants/grocery stores near? Anything anyone could add would be most helpful. Thank you. (Looking at a move around December.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2023, 04:21 AM

4,479 posts, read 6,234,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennettJ View Post
Currently looking at an apartment in the zip code 45202 (The Current at the Banks). Just wondering if this is a good location for a single woman. Is this a safe place to go walking by myself or walking my dog? Is the traffic around this area horrific? Parking? Shops/restaurants/grocery stores near? Anything anyone could add would be most helpful. Thank you. (Looking at a move around December.)
Great area, probably a bit more pricey than other areas but yes, you should have no problems being out and about in the area. You get a lot of homeless folks unders some of the bridges and what not over by Paul Brown Stadiumbut you have to really go out of the way to find the camps and such where these guys stay and then move on. Traffic is horriffic according to the event...so theres times you will have a lot of congestion and other times not so much. Grocery store at Walnut and Central Parkwway..Kroger. But theres all kinds of entertainment options all over downtown.

Old 09-12-2023, 01:03 PM

189 posts, read 309,569 times
Just so you know, the 45202 zip code covers all of the central business district. I would agree that the Banks is a decent area, at least during the day. I sometimes have to go downtown for work and am amazed at the number of people walking dogs.

Old 09-12-2023, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blickcd View Post
Just so you know, the 45202 zip code covers all of the central business district. I would agree that the Banks is a decent area, at least during the day. I sometimes have to go downtown for work and am amazed at the number of people walking dogs.
Yeah...the banks probably the safest area in the CBD vs say Govt Square.

Old 09-28-2023, 07:29 AM

116 posts, read 212,491 times
Thank you for the replies. After researching the area, I think it might be a bit too busy for me. I'm now considering Blue Ash, Montgomery, Hyde Park and Oakley. I realize these places may be a bit more expensive, but I think they'll be a little quieter. I'm looking for a walkable area for me and my dog with coffee shops, bookstores etc. within walking distance. I was thinking maybe Newport or Covington also. Those areas might be out of my price range. I'm willing to pay up to $1900/month for rent. Any thoughts, suggestions? Thanks!

Old 09-28-2023, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennettJ View Post
Thank you for the replies. After researching the area, I think it might be a bit too busy for me. I'm now considering Blue Ash, Montgomery, Hyde Park and Oakley. I realize these places may be a bit more expensive, but I think they'll be a little quieter. I'm looking for a walkable area for me and my dog with coffee shops, bookstores etc. within walking distance. I was thinking maybe Newport or Covington also. Those areas might be out of my price range. I'm willing to pay up to $1900/month for rent. Any thoughts, suggestions? Thanks!
Of your newer choices Id say HP/Oakley simply for the walkability factor. Both have cool areas where there are walkable entertainment options vs Montgomery or Blue Ash which are not walkable, but cool areas in their own right. I live in Roselawn and actually frequent Blue Ash and Montgomery. Montgomery has some cool stores and options. Marina Deli for Eastern European/Russian goods...for example.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/marinas-int...i-cincinnati-2

Thers more but a cool spot all on its own. Best of luck.

Oh...yeah...Newport, Belvue, Covington are all great areas for what your looking for and definately less hectic than downtown Cincy..but still alive and vibrant in their own right. $1900 should go far for rent in most places your looking at, well, perhaps not Hyde Park so much, but there are affordable options in HP as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: