Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2023, 10:10 AM

120 posts, read 118,102 times

Advertisements

Using the provided template to get a feel for the area pending a move later this year.

. Where is your current location and environment?
Small, safe, quiet, conservative, narrow-minded town of <30k near Cleveland. Looking for a drastic change. Liberal, open-minded, intelligent gay couple who is tired of small town BS/drama/complacency.

. Are you looking for similar in Cincinnati or a change?
We want more cultural/food/intellectual diversity.

. Where will your work location be?
Not sure yet

. Maximum commute time desired?
20ish minutes

. What is you budget for housing?
$1300

. Rent or buy?
Rent

. Type (Apt., Condo, Single Family)
House with a garage/shop/pole barn.

. Size (Approx. Sq. Ft., # Bedrooms & Baths)
Small/medium 2/1 is ok. 800 sq ft and up.

. Other specifics?

. Neighborhood environment?
People take care of their properties, no inside furniture outside, no broken down junk vehicles in the yard. Neighbors look out for each other but understand privacy. No crackheads wandering around. No endless political signs from a campaign that ended 3 years ago. LGBT friendly. I don't want street parking.

. Urban, young professional, nightlife
We're an international, young, fun couple. We work hard but love nightlife, from local dive bars to clubs. Foodies who love everything, the more international the better.

. Mid-urban, close in neighborhood or suburb, stable investment
We don't need to live downtown but would like to be within an uber ride to bars and food. Wouldn't mind a suburban neighborhood if it met other aspects.

. Suburban, low maintenance, quiet streets, soccer mom atmosphere
We're tidy and take care of our property. We get along with nearly everyone. Not looking to be in competition with anyone. Would love to have some down-to-earth neighbors who like BBQ and look out for each other. We don't have kids so kid friendly areas aren't a concern.

. Family oriented
Male LGBT couple, no kids. Family areas a good, just not a necessity.

. Lots of same age kids, activities
N/A

. Great schools
N/A

. Older, distinctive architecture, individual character
Love this. Not into cookie cutter or ultra modern but wouldn't turn it down if it met other aspects.

. Modern, 15 yrs old or less, move-in ready
No preference as long as it meets other criteria. Not looking for a ****ty rental flip.

. Diversity of income, race, housing?
As long as people take care of their properties and it's a safe area, we don't care about income/race/housing. But stats are stats, and lower income statistically brings more crime. We're looking to avoid this. As far as race/ethnicity, the more diverse the better.

. Yard - none, small, large (1/2 acre or more)
Small to large. If I can have a nice firepit (small contained fire, not a giant bonfire) and BBQ, and flowers/garden I'm happy. Love doing yardwork and will probably help the neighbors do theirs.

. Very safe, low crime area?
Very important. I don't want to deal with crackheads/riffraff or crime.

. Can tolerate some degree of crime potential? How Much?
Not much.

. Private neighborhood association, swimming & fitness facilities
N/A

. Schools?
N/A

. Community amenities?
Uber, local bars/restaurants.

. Daily needs within walking distance, shopping, restaurants, parks, etc.
Not super important, we both drive.

. Town/city community center for adults & kids
N/A

. Swimming, fitness center, running track, adult activities
N/A

. Nearby fitness centers & clubs
N/A

. Close proximity to public transportation?
N/A

. Lots of parks & youth athletic leagues
N/A

. Jogging & biking trails
N/A

. Other?

. Specific wants/desires?

. Please identify any specific wants/desires not mentioned above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2023, 10:38 AM

4,482 posts, read 6,236,176 times
Over the Rhine or Northside..you might also like Clifton around Ludlow Ave, not what they call Clifton over around the UC campus. Everyone around here calls that Clifton but it's CUF, Clifton, University Heights, and Fairview. That area is alright but over-run with beer drinking college kids causing all sorts of shenanigans. Anywho.

Old 05-05-2023, 10:03 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,277,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Over the Rhine or Northside..you might also like Clifton around Ludlow Ave, not what they call Clifton over around the UC campus. Everyone around here calls that Clifton but it's CUF, Clifton, University Heights, and Fairview. That area is alright but over-run with beer drinking college kids causing all sorts of shenanigans. Anywho.
And NOT one of those areas could remotely be called safe areas.

The OP clearly stated:

>>. Very safe, low crime area?
<<

Old 05-06-2023, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post

The OP clearly stated:

<<
If those areas arent safe enough I recommend Fantasy Land. You come on here to censor my recommendation and dont make one of you own. Kick rocks. Those areas are fine.

Old 05-08-2023, 06:10 PM

90 posts, read 118,041 times
As a fellow Gay man living in Cincy I would agree with Northside and OTR. Yes both of those places do have crime, but crime in those areas like honestly most of Cincinnati can vary street by street. I would also look into Oakley, East Walnut Hills, Hyde Park, Obryonville, Madisonville (I live here). Could also check out Newport and Covington in Kentucky.

I’ve owned my house in Madisonville since 2016 and it’s a really diverse inclusive neighborhood with many homes displaying pride flags. It’s a up and coming area that is surrounded by wealthier neighborhoods (Oakley, Hyde Park. Madeira, Indian Hill) and the village of Mariemont. I’d be more than happy to answer any additional questions you would have and welcome to Cincy! I’ve lived here since 2010 and I love it.

Old 05-10-2023, 05:07 PM

17,303 posts, read 12,245,675 times
That list and the budget don’t go together. Post pandemic housing price surge anyway.

Old 05-11-2023, 01:30 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincygrad2015 View Post
It’s a up and coming area that is surrounded by wealthier neighborhoods
I lived in Madisonville until 2005, and now I can't afford my old house despite living in a much higher cost-of-living metro. I guess you really can't go home again.

Old 05-11-2023, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I lived in Madisonville until 2005, and now I can't afford my old house despite living in a much higher cost-of-living metro. I guess you really can't go home again.
My son's school is in Madisonville and Im in M-ville almost everyday out the week. It's not the same neighborhood that it was just 13 years ago. Theres a lot of development and investment, dare I say gentrification? Either way it's become expensive.

Old 05-12-2023, 05:59 AM

183 posts, read 197,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post

The OP clearly stated:

<<

I live in Clifton just North of Ludlow. It is safe, but like any urban area, you have to be smart. Don't leave valuables in plain sight in your car and be aware of your surroundings late at night. I've walked home from the bar as late as 2am alone and have never had an issue. Not sure what the OP's idea of safe might be, but I have never felt unsafe in my neighborhood in the five years I have lived here.

Old 05-12-2023, 11:03 AM

2,543 posts, read 2,865,719 times
$1300 is a very low budget to rent a decent house in a decent neighborhood.

You'll have to either make some concessions with your budget, housing type, or neighborhood type to meet most of your wish list criteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati