Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2022, 10:29 PM

44 posts, read 44,774 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I apologize for bringing this topic, but I was wondering how is opioid problem now in Cinci? I have read that there was a real issue in 2016-2017, but I can't find anything that speaks to current days. We are a family with two kids and we are looking to relocate. Cinci is one of the options, but heroin scares me to death and I wanted to get input from people who live in Cinci these days. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2022, 10:32 AM

189 posts, read 309,379 times
I'm not sure how our usage compares to other cities. I work in construction and my employer has worked or or bid (and still sending out new bids every few weeks) on a number of treatment centers, both out-patient and in-patient. They are located all over town, usually more discrete looking in what might be considered nicer areas.

My observation is that treatment is available for those that want it. If current facilities are overbooked, new ones are being built all the time.

Old 01-29-2022, 12:50 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,267,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torreodora View Post
Hello,

I apologize for bringing this topic, but I was wondering how is opioid problem now in Cinci? I have read that there was a real issue in 2016-2017, but I can't find anything that speaks to current days. We are a family with two kids and we are looking to relocate. Cinci is one of the options, but heroin scares me to death and I wanted to get input from people who live in Cinci these days. Thank you!

If you think that you are going to find ANY city in the US (or in most parts of the world) that is free of the drug scourge, you are delusional. There are drugs in EVERY high school in the Cincinnati area as well as every other city and rural area. The good schools are the ones that admit that they have a problem and solicit help from professionals and allow police to sweep for drugs.

The real question is what are YOU doing about teaching your kids about the drugs and drug addiction? The parents who actually take the time to talk to their kids about drugs tend to have fewer problems. Also, the parents who take time to spend with their children as opposed to working 60+ hour advancing their careers also have fewer problems.

By the way, when I attended a local university back when alcohol use was the drug of choice, I found an interesting phenomenon. Those of us who grew up with beer, wine and whiskey around the house and had parents who modeled what acceptable use was would rarely be the ones who were drunk on campus. On the other hand, the students who never had such models tended to drink a lot more and abuse it.

By the way, there are drugs a lot more serious than heroin out there these days.

Old 01-31-2022, 08:47 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
I live fairy close to Cincinnati, in northern KY, and I can tell you, the drug problem in this area is pretty bad.

I used for many years, but thankfully got clean with a good Suboxone doctor, (now close to 9yrs clean), things were MUCH safer when addicts were abusing prescription painkillers, once the govt cracked down on those, it was like giving the heroin dealers carte blanche!

I was actively using when the prescription drug laws took effect, what I personally saw, was that dealers were being sent huge amounts of Heroin (in preparation for increased sales), and sure enough, once the addicts had trouble getting Percocets and Oxys, they went straight for Heroin. Imo, this was nothing short of our govt and DEA, using our laws, to benefit the foreign drug cartels.

While I do not use anymore, I do regularly see dealers posting in Craigslist and marketplace,(once you are a user and know the 'lingo', its easy to spot a dealers posting, versus someone truly selling something).

Ultimately, Suboxone saved my life, but here again, the govt actually tightly restricts Suboxone prescriptions!! Think about that for a minute... restricting a much safer drug, that helps people stay off a more dangerous drug...Hmmm, seems very suspicious.

At least when addicts were abusing prescription painkillers, they KNEW what they were taking, not with Heroin, which could have anything and everything added to it, to increase weight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati