Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 06:55 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,142,407 times

Advertisements

Capri is gone again...a new guy came in over a year ago, completely revamped the place and went out of business late last summer. He had big plans for the place, but it didnt work out. Unfortunately out of all those restaurants, only Empress and Wendys is in Cincinnati...but we will start working on that problem this fall. I will keep you posted!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 02:27 PM

Default Garden Tour this weekend...

Just wanted to let those interested know I added some pictures of a garden tour I took in our neighborhood this weekend. It is a stunning garden and I know we have a few folks on here who are familiar with the beautiful homes & gardens in Hartwell and I wanted to share with you all. They are on my personal information since I couldnt figure out how to put them on here. Enjoy.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:07 PM

4,889 posts, read 13,865,174 times
Model train + lily pond = "Too much!"
Who'da thunk it, in a Hartwell back yard. (Or any back yard anywhere.)

Old 12-29-2008, 02:47 PM

Wow, found this Cincinnati Enquirer article about Hamilton County property values. Looks like Hartwell had an increase. http://news.cincinnati.com/assets/AB1246181218.PDF Our house value stayed the same but others I know had increases and want to disput the new values. I know it means more money out of people pockets but isnt having a higher estimate also good? I thought people/buyers used the Auditors page when researching homes, I know I use it as a point of reference.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:34 AM

29 posts, read 135,857 times
I lived in Hartwell in the late 60's.when did they build a high school in Hartwell because when I lived I had to go to Woodward high

Old 03-20-2009, 06:40 AM

There is not a high school in Hartwell.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:47 PM

4,889 posts, read 13,865,174 times
Hartwell School used to go all the way from K to 12, a looooong time ago (no more recently than probably the 1940's.)

Old 03-21-2009, 07:15 AM

You are correct. The school located at the corner of Vine & Galbraith was a K-12 school until 1948. There are still many Hartwell School Alumi (from the 1948 graduating class and earlier) who still meet every month in Hartwell and have several dinners and gatherings throughout the year. The Alumi has been a great support to the current Hartwell school and was also VERY active in the current school remodel. The flag and benchs out front of the school are a tribute to the young students of Hartwell who went off to war and did not return (there is a plague with the names of each student). As well as the Hartwell School rock which sits on the corner of Vine/Galbraith and was a gift to the school from the Alumi.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:45 AM

1 posts, read 2,624 times
Smile hi..i need help new to the area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartwell Girl View Post
I live in Hartwell and love the neighborhood--as if my screenname doesnt give that away already. I have lived here for almost 7 years now and love our old victorian and bringing her back to her origional beauty. It was a multi family when we bought it. I love my big yard and all the beautiful gardens around the neighborhood. The school district is Cincinnati Public and Hartwell School is K-8. The school is slated to begin a remodel this summer (as well as the Hartwell Recreation center across the street from the school). I love that I can pretty much get anywhere in the Cincinnati area rather quickly due to being just off the Galbraith exit off I-75 but also due to Cross County/Ronalg Regan highway and the Norwood lateral. There is a Hartwell web site that has more info Hartwell Oh, and did I mention I love my neighbors and feel very safe living here.

Hi Hartwell Girl,

I'm new to the area and have moved into the williamsburg of galbraith apts. I had never stepped into Ohio until 3 weeks ago. My daughter will be finishing up the school year in GA She will be going into 7th grade. Do you know what school she would be attending? I've heard different things about the school system. One of my concerns was diversity but there seems to be and that I'm happy about. You know alot about the area so hoping you can help me. I'm new to this so hope I did it right. thanks so much for your time.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:49 AM

Hartwell has a K-8 school. If you want to send me a direct message I can put you intouch with exactly who you need to speak to so you can get ALL the info you need. Actually, I will send you a direct message right now..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati