Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 09:30 AM

4 posts, read 18,593 times

Advertisements

Thanks to all for your replies. I am taking a month to month apartment at Hyde Park observatory and I will check out the areas by myself before making any decision on where to buy.
It has been very helpful to have multiple opinions.
We are a few people coming to Cincy on Feb 21st. I was reluctant but I made the decision to go and try it. Can't be that bad
Thanks again.
Coco
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2007, 02:19 PM

1 posts, read 3,036 times
Default Price Hill

Anything who is thinking of moving to Price Hill should rethink that decision. We have lived in Price Hill for more than 30 years and we are trapped here. When we moved here it was quiet with almost all properties being owner occupied. However, since the City of Cincinnati closed English Woods, a project community, almost all of the section 8 people have moved to Price Hill, bringing with them their disrespect, noise (loud music in home and cars), fighting, guns, etc. You cannot sell a piece of property in Price Hill. I know of quite a few homes on the street where I live that have been on the market for quite some time. They don't sell to people who will live in them, so ultimately they are sold to an investor, who rents them out to Section 8 renters. Almost everyday we see and hear the Sheriff's helicopter flying around the street that we live on looking for some felon or other. I want to see the City turn Price Hill around but don't think that is possible with the number of crimes committed up here, since there are only so many Police Officers to go around. The Cincinnati Police do a terrific job but they are overwhelmed. Personally, I would love to see people move into the area, people who will be respectful, good people but, in good conscience, I cannot recommend that anyone move here. Sorry, but that's the way I feel.

Old 03-20-2007, 07:36 PM

6 posts, read 50,071 times
Default price hill

price hill is a pretty dangerous area after dark.If i were you do not move to price hill.Take a look at oakley,clifton,Mariemont,blue ash.Dont move to price hill they have several shootings a month

Old 08-17-2008, 06:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,781 times
Cool Sad to read

I left Price Hill where I grew up @ 4356 Ridgeview Drive 43yrs ago. I haven't been back since the mid 90's for my grandfather's funeral that was in Western Hills. I remember a community so safe you could walk from Elder High after a football game @ 10:00pm feeling perfectly safe. Most of all there was so much pride growing up in St William Parish, Price Hill. I know things change, but it doesn't make it easier to read. I'm glad my grandparents didn't see Price Hill decline--they were very proud, good German residents of Price Hill, born in Cincinnati. I'm so grateful for the good memories that I have of Price Hill.
Dennie--Tampa Fl

Old 08-17-2008, 07:41 PM

77 posts, read 195,344 times
My wife and I bought a house in the Cedar Grove area of Price Hill in '04 despite Price Hill's reputation. The architecture was and is beautiful and of course the price was right.
Since that time with the help of the vice squad and Price Hill Will we've gotten rid of house full of drug dealers and become great friends who a couple of our neighbors. This not say that the area doesn't have it's large share of problems, but If your civic minded, assertive, and don't mind getting your nose to other peoples business it can be a very rewarding and should I dare say enjoyable experience. Call me a polyanna if you will, but all good things are worth fighting especially the character of Price Hill. By the way we don't fit the stereotypical residents of the West side of town. Were agnostic, liberal, young, ex-Lexingtonian's who get tired of the horsey set.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:18 AM

6 posts, read 10,886 times
Default i live in price hill on st lawrence and it is one one the worst neighborhoods in cincinnati.

you should really consider your move here. i have seen people get robbed and beatin right in front of my face. my husband is hispanic and has been shot at and also stabbed for his money!

Old 11-13-2008, 09:19 AM

6 posts, read 10,886 times
i am 30 years old but using my daughters computer

Old 11-13-2008, 04:48 PM

526 posts, read 1,481,529 times
Default A Brief Digression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbluelandrover View Post
Cincinnati has a very interresting history. Back in the 1800's early 1900's you could divide the German west side and the Jewish east side .
So far I cannot disagree with the majority opinion that Price Hill is to be avoided.. but I thought I would disagree sightly with the statement about the Jewish population.

At one time in the early 1900s, Price Hill had a sizeable Jewish population.. as witnessed by the number of Jewish cemeteries extant in the area.

Until the mid-1970s there were two Jewish houses of worship in the area - one on Rapid Ave, the other on Manss. The one on Rapid closed around 1977, the other sometime in the 1990s I think.

Just an odd curiosity.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:45 PM

71 posts, read 191,924 times
Default Bad Karma

The original poster said he/she did not want to live anywhere with bad karma. Well....Price Hill has bad karma.

Does it have some of the most beautiful architecture in the city? Yes.

Is it basically inaccessible because of crime and urban decline? Yes.

Is there wonderful potential for urban renewal and renovation to include greater diversity, economic growth ,and ease of ethnic tension? Yes.

Do I recommend anyone move there without SERIOUS research and without their eyes WIDE open to the problems? No.

Hesitate, hesitate, hesitate before moving to Price Hill.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:29 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,550,094 times
A big no to Price Hill...Go to Delhi, Green Township, Bridgetown, Cheviot or even northern KY...Price Hill is just getting worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati