Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 07:04 PM

509 posts, read 433,467 times

Advertisements

As an outsider from Virginia who has visited both Cleveland and Cincinnati in the past couple of years I have to say I love both cities. I love all the revitalization happening in Cincinnati's inner neighborhoods like OTR and Pendleton and the amount of construction activity in downtown Cleveland was really a wonderful and pleasantly surprising sight to behold. I would say Cleveland has an edge in transit while Cincinnati has an edge in walkability in their respective central city areas. Both cities seem equally bikeable, although the new Lakefront Greenway from Ohio City to Edgewater Park is an impressive addition for Cleveland.

I too would like to see both cities fully realize their potential someday and attract more people to live there. If you ask me I'd say both cities are doing a great job of it and really improving their image and livability on the national scene.

If I had to pick one over the other to live I'd probably pick Cincinnati as I'm a big history buff and the built environment in OTR reminded me a little of downtown Savannah where I grew up. However, I'd definitely live in Cleveland too for the right job opportunity. I seriously much prefer Cleveland and Cincinnati to Richmond and Norfolk VA.. but shhhh don't tell any of my fellow Virginians!

Last edited by dbcook1; 10-14-2018 at 07:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 03:44 PM

1,751 posts, read 1,684,625 times
I’m a Richmonder and while I like my town better, I love both Cincinnati and Cleveland. I went to school in Columbus and spent most of my weekends in those cities (Columbus is OK but not nearly as stimulating as the other two). Cincinnati is beautiful. My kind of city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati