Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 07:28 PM

64 posts, read 81,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightflyer View Post

I separated Wyoming and Indian Hill since both have downsides compared to the larger districts. I tend to see better moves when transplanting children when the family moves into a large, transplant heavy, high-performing school district. Wyoming is a smaller a older district, so while performance caliber is outstanding, it may be a little closed to outsiders to an extent. Indian Hill requires such a high buy-in for housing (easily starting at $1,000,000 for a basic home), that it usually isn't a common relocation for people coming from out of town, less they work on the executive board for P&G, Kroger, Great American, etc. That kind of job transfer is uncommon for the most part, but executives do tend to move between large Fortune 500 companies.
Although the Indian Hill schools are considered one of the best public schools in the area, the student population isn't exactly diverse. I know families of Asian and Indian descent who have actually transferred their children out of Indian Hill to nearby private schools (Cincinnati Country Day and Seven Hills) because the children felt "othered" and out of place. I also know other Asian and Indian families whose children thrived in the Indian Hill schools, so it really is a mixed bag. There are homes in Indian Hill for under 700K, but they tend to be older and require a lot of updating. There are Symmes Township and Kenwood homes that are in the Indian Hill school district for a lot less money, but if the OP is interested in a less conservative area (and likely a school system with diversity), Indian Hill is a tough sell.

Wrightflyer makes an excellent point about transplant heavy districts with good schools. I don't know if the OP is interested in private schools, but my understanding is that both Cincinnati Country Day and Seven Hills have a lot of children moving in and out of those schools due to P & G and other large companies sending their children there. Because of that fact, the student population is used to incoming children from all over the world/country and actually have "new family" activities and buddy systems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2018, 10:57 PM

10 posts, read 9,522 times
I have lived in both Detroit suburbs(Farmington Hills) and currently Cincy suburbs. I think your best option would Blue Ash, Mason, West Chester or Liberty Township.

Old 02-25-2018, 04:41 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavkashi View Post
Hi.. I am contemplating a move from Detroit suburb to Cincinnati suburban area due to work. Any experiences on who has gone through this similar move. The things that I am looking for are around:
- Is the weather any better in Cinci?
Yes, it's more moderate than Detroit.

Quote:
- Are the high schools comparable or better?
Yes, absolutely.

Quote:
- Any other cultural pro or con?
Very large Indian community here in Cincinnati.

There's even a large Hindu temple with many community events. Click on the link for a view.

Hindu Temple of Greater Cincinnati – Devdham of North America

Old 02-26-2018, 10:45 AM

450 posts, read 1,202,844 times
I have a friend from Pakistan who just moved out of Landen because of the bullying of her son. She moved to Mason 2 months ago so far she hasn't mention anything bad. Every place has its problems however some places are worse than others. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: