Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2010, 06:26 PM

46 posts, read 78,429 times

Advertisements

why in the #$%^&I(*@ did they have to kill the Manor
thinking to hard and long today
Sorry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 08:41 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie57 View Post
Sorry
Nothing stay the same indefinitely, Ernie. Some things change sooner, some later, but eventually everything changes. The important thing is that we lived there at a time when it was a great place to live. And we're able to reflect back and share some of those memories with each other.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:40 AM

48 posts, read 88,327 times
The Manor as we knew it was gone long before it was closed and torn down. My Mother was still there until 1972, it wasn't fit to live in. I was so glad when she built a house and moved out of there. It wasn't a safe place to visit and sure wasn't a safe place to live. She would have to have someone watch her from her car to the door when she came home from work because she had gotten grabbed a few times in the hallway. If it were still there today, I would hate to think what it would be like, I think it would wipe away any good memories we have of the place. It's better like this... We need to enjoy where we are now, live today not in memories....

Old 06-16-2010, 05:49 AM

101 posts, read 228,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie57 View Post
Sorry
I know we all relish the time spent there in the Manor but it wouldn't be what remembered if we saw it now. Probly be filled with drugs and shootings etc. as is Fay apts. built in 62'. i live on westside now and have driven into fay because my mamma lived there in early 60's and i wanted to see the difference...bad bad bad... somethings are better left in our memories!!!

Old 06-16-2010, 05:52 AM

101 posts, read 228,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bden View Post
The Manor as we knew it was gone long before it was closed and torn down. My Mother was still there until 1972, it wasn't fit to live in. I was so glad when she built a house and moved out of there. It wasn't a safe place to visit and sure wasn't a safe place to live. She would have to have someone watch her from her car to the door when she came home from work because she had gotten grabbed a few times in the hallway. If it were still there today, I would hate to think what it would be like, I think it would wipe away any good memories we have of the place. It's better like this... We need to enjoy where we are now, live today not in memories....
You are right Bden . looks like we are on same page today..lol as I listen to the bacon sizzle on my stove...umummm ha ha

Old 06-16-2010, 05:57 AM

48 posts, read 88,327 times
sounds good Jerry, now you made me hungry...lol

Old 06-16-2010, 07:25 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
I think many of you are right. I was not directly involved, but had some relatives who lived in the Manor during its heyday. It is unfortunate how rundown it became. Recall your pleasant memories, but do not lament what eventually happened.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:43 AM

325 posts, read 1,124,319 times
My sister was telling me last night that after the manor was changed to Eastwood Village that the office got robbed !! After the change of names they weren't particular about who they rented to unlike when we moved there. When we wanted to move there you had to have references and background checks. That how the Stratford Manor that we knew started turning into the projects . Hyden

Old 06-16-2010, 02:55 PM

46 posts, read 78,429 times
Glad I made a comment

Old 06-16-2010, 03:15 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
I am sure all of you who grew up in the Manor have a lot of experiences to share. But this thread seems to have run its course. Maybe you all should start a page on Facebook, there seems to be enough of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati