Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 09:23 PM

1 posts, read 4,412 times

Advertisements

I wanted to add some comments (also good!) about the property through Alaise Realty. I am in the process of signing a lease there and have heard great things about the apartment building, almost a hidden gem. I was impressed with the amount of space you got for the price. The building is not modern and doesn't have lots of frills, but there's lots of character and most people I stopped coming out of the building who lived there liked it a lot. The surrounding area is safe and looks to have lots to do. I didn't have trouble finding parking the whole weekend I was there (including at night).

I was truely disappointed with all of the other properties I looked at in the area, sad to see that the rumor of "sleezy landlords" was way too true (in most cases, stay away from managed properties). The biggest tip I got when looking around was not to waste my time with rentals where the utilities weren't included as utilities could run 150-200 a month on a "good" month. Similar to other postings- don't bother with craigs list/local papers, you won't find much. It's definitly a "drive around" and look for properties town. Most I talked to also were't willing to hold apartments until the end of the month, so that's another whammy for out-of-town movers.

Good luck with your search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdDegree View Post
I lived right on the square for two years and did not find it to be too noisy. I loved it!! I could see that it could be noisy if you worked at night and needed to sleep at night but other than that it was great!! I lived above Aligator Purse and Hyde Park Food and Wine. (I know live in Mt. Lookout) The apartment was big (probably 700-800 square feet) with hard wood floors, high ceilings, and updated appliances all for $625 with heat!! Can't beat it!! There are really only two bars on the square and they are not loud at all plus you get all the restuarants and shops........can't beat the location!! It is pretty cheap if you think about it!!!

Parking was not an issue for me. You can park on the square anytime if you pay the meater or you an park for free from 6pm to 7am..............Sometimes I used to park on the square when I got home and then moved my car in the mourning when I left for work. I took the bus to my job downtown and the bus stop was on the square. If you don't want to do that, 98% of the time there were stret parking spots on the deadend side of Zumstein which is only 1 block from the square. And if that wasn't good enough for you spots behind the building could be rented......but not necessay at all. I would leave my car on Zumstein for days at a time with no problem!!

Got to love the location!! I don't have the number for the apartment building but it was run by Alaise Realty, if that helps!!

Got to live there!!!!

This sounds like the perfect place to live. Can you remember the name of this complex? Maybe a website..?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati