Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 10:43 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,824,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmodder View Post
Never had a collision in Ohio or anywhere else. All Ohio drivers are pretty much the same.
If you're angling for that record to be changed, I suggest trying I-71 between the Cross-County Highway and Fields-Ertel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 05:31 PM

72 posts, read 115,938 times
jersey-too-expensive:

Every point you make, is totally totally valid...thank you! Also...I can't cite any specifics now, but there are a number of lane mergers in the general Cincy area, that make NO sense and are extremely dangerous. The logic was lacking in their planning/construction!

Old 03-30-2015, 05:46 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polishgirl View Post
jersey-too-expensive:

Every point you make, is totally totally valid...thank you! Also...I can't cite any specifics now, but there are a number of lane mergers in the general Cincy area, that make NO sense and are extremely dangerous. The logic was lacking in their planning/construction!
If you can't even remember enough to state the specific intersections, why should we believe you have enough sense to recognize a bad lane merger? I prefer to think you are just trolling here with no more interest in Cincinnati than the man in the moon.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:04 PM

688 posts, read 1,116,657 times
The last dozen or so posts in this thread are laughable. Moronic drivers are everywhere. I travel quite a bit and encounter idiots in just about every city. I would not say one city has more idiot drivers than the next. The one thing I will say, however, is there is a large Somali population in Columbus. In more than a few instances, I've encountered women, in decade old minivans with troops of kids in the thing, driving like they are afraid of life. Either going too slow, not turning left on yellow, etc. I recall one occasion where the woman stopped in the middle of a busy street to pick up some people rather than turn off to metered parking. I generally wonder if the language barrier or the fact they are immigrants results in to not understanding traffic laws to the fullest.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:10 AM

41,947 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_master View Post
I would not say one city has more idiot drivers than the next.
Come to Philly! I dare you.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:07 AM

1 posts, read 932 times
It is always a comfort to come back and read the truth. Years later pathetic hipsters and spray oil on every dish in every restaurant only add to Cincinnati’s special character.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:23 AM
on3

498 posts, read 383,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letmeoutnow View Post
It is always a comfort to come back and read the truth. Years later pathetic hipsters and spray oil on every dish in every restaurant only add to Cincinnati’s special character.
How much experience do you have with regards to Columbus vs Cleveland vs Cincinnati? Each have their own pros and cons but if you think the hipsters in Cincinnati are bad, look no further than Cleveland or Columbus to find similar or worse.

Old 09-29-2018, 05:26 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
I have never understood why bus, truck, taxi drivers around Cinicinnati, NKY drive so god-awful slow! I remember first time I went to Washington DC and couldnt believe how crazy bus drivers and truck drivers were, (buses were the worst), they would speed, zip around lanes, cut people off, etc. it was nuts...around NKY/ Cincy, buses are some of the slowest and most cautious vehicles on the road.

Ive noticed most people will go out of their way to not get stuck behind a bus or semi truck! LOL

Old 10-05-2018, 02:24 PM
on3

498 posts, read 383,610 times
What is up with the 275 merge to I-75 North or South? Very poorly planned and executed. Yes I know there are other places in the US that are similar. The people who managed those projects fail at life as well. I'm not interested in the details, the only update I need is to know when it will be fixed.

Old 10-14-2018, 03:39 PM

90 posts, read 69,480 times
I lived in Cincinnati for 3 years and Dayton before that.

I live in Phoenix now, Arizona has incredibly aggressive and fast drivers. Like, I was going 77 down 75... and was passing people in Ohio. 85 is like.. whew.

I just got done driving 91 mph down a mountain highway (the 17) in northern AZ and GETTING PASSED by California plates on a 6% incline. Most people in Los Angeles do not make the incredibly bad decisions people here do, but..

Florida takes the cake for the worst, and Texas is up there. It mostly is the speed, aggressive maneuvers and random guy going 60 in a 75. Lots of stupidity in some of these states. States with a lot of residents form elsewhere with different driving styles is an issue. You have a 'flow' in Southwest Ohio where you sort of know what will happen.

The big difference is there is zero enforcement in places like San Francisco and the Arizona State PD doesn't enforce speed here. One point they were forced to install radar because a portion of the highway was just as huge grand prix race (I'd go 105 in the fast lane. Typical cruise would be 90-95, again. No police give a ****).

When I drive back in Cincinnati about 5x a year, it feels so nice. Dayton is too slow, though. Everyone goes 65 in a 65.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati