Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 07:13 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,135,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillside View Post
i definitely wouldn't put hartwell on there. living in hartwell and looking at stats are two different things...

paddock hills
mt adams
eden park
columbia
clifton north of mlk
Hartwell Girl DOES live in the Hartwell neighborhood and is activley involved in the community---I wasnt talking stats I was talking great neighborhoods...you know, neighbors helping eachother, progressive dinners, book clubs, mens retreats, holiday gatherings. See Hartwell has something a lot of people dont know about and if you want to look at stats to determine where you want to live, go ahead but we have a wonderful home with a huge yard, great neighbors people who take care of eachother. Safe streets where our kids can walk to school or to the store for candy. Plus I can hop on the highway and be anywhere from Milford to western hills in less than 20 minutes. Give me a break about stats, Paddock Hills may have lower crime stats but the area is much smaller and surrounded by a golf course and no major roads. Stats can be munipulated to work whatever way you want. I know what happens in my neighborhood and that is why I am deeply rooted and do not plan to move--because I feel safe and I know my neighborhood is a great one.. Hartwell has some great housing PLUS new Recreation center and School construction beginning in June at both corners of VIne & Galbraith more than anything they have PEOPLE who care!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 10:14 PM

13 posts, read 44,592 times
I have LOVED this post, while trying to get a feel for Cincy! Thanks for all the great info!

Old 03-17-2008, 11:34 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Thanks for posting that neighborhood map, Cincy-Rise.

Aren't all neighborhoods "artificial constructs"?

Old 03-17-2008, 07:55 PM

43 posts, read 141,597 times
Mr. C,
That list only includes " Cincinnati proper"
Most people around here think anything inside the 275 would be considered Cincinnati.

With the loop as the boundry there are a few more neighborhoods that would be on that list.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:47 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,678 times
Just wanted to give HartwellGirl a big 'pat on the back'...now THAT'S the kind of passionate 'defending your neighborhood' that Cincinnati needs more of...and Hillside, I know how much you've repped Cincinnati in the past, and I understand your opinion and your right to express it---just as much as she (HartwellGirl) has her right to disagree :-)

Having said that, here are my 5 favorite/best neighborhoods:
Oakley
Downtown
Hyde Park
Pleasant Ridge/Kennedy Heights
Clifton

with Northside running a strong 6th :-)

Old 03-18-2008, 12:31 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,718,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximmmm View Post
Mr. C,
That list only includes " Cincinnati proper"
Most people around here think anything inside the 275 would be considered Cincinnati.

With the loop as the boundry there are a few more neighborhoods that would be on that list.
Nope, that's Cincinnati ... all 79.6 sq miles of it!

Cincinnati, Ohio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If it's out of City limits, it's out of city limits. Look at your water bill if you are confused!

Old 07-29-2008, 12:00 AM

29 posts, read 135,622 times
I used to live in Hartwell on Circle Drive and loved it Brenda Williams Lykins

Old 08-08-2008, 11:46 AM

3 posts, read 21,066 times
In no order, and my reasons are not because of schools or statistics(don't have kids).
1. E. WALNUT HILLS-- lived there 5 yrs, affordable, mixed financially and racially, old homes, Eden Park
2. PLEASANT RIDGE--currently reside here, affordable, trees, gaslit streets, block parties, tudors, convenient to everything.
3. KENNEDY HEIGHTS--same as Pl Ridge(and right next door)
4. COLLEGE HILL--never lived there but friends do, rather like a large Pl Ridge, not quite as convenient to 'things' perhaps but still close with even more affordable housing, more space, even more trees, more tudors, gaslights, community, history,. In my opinion a real bang for your buck.
5. MARIEMONT--a little slice of England that's higher priced and perhaps less convenient but with a village green, tudors eveywhere, town square, sense of community.

I really need to check out Glendale and Hartwell. Not sure I've been to either neighborhood, unbelievably.

Old 08-09-2008, 05:49 AM

13 posts, read 78,897 times
Mt. Adams (expensive)
E. Walnut Hills/Madisonville (beautiful scenery)
Mariemont (expensive)
Hyde Park (old money)
Evanston (Doris Day was born there...had to mention it)

Old 08-09-2008, 06:58 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,135,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda lykins View Post
I used to live in Hartwell on Circle Drive and loved it Brenda Williams Lykins
Brenda, I dont know of Circle Drive-- maybe Parkway Circle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati