Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 03:26 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmodder View Post
Some have taken it out of their closet and gave it back to CB so that they don't get charged the $5 fee, and then CB shows in their system you don't have their modem and they cancel the service. This happened to a few people I know. You would think they could just take back the damn modem and not charge you a $5 monthly fee and be done with it. Anything they can do to get as much money as they can....
Don't disagree. But decided a long time ago arguing with city hall is a losing proposition. The $5 monthly fee is chicken feed compared to the rest of their bill. I honestly don't know what closet I stuffed their router into and I really don't GIVADM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 10:35 PM

4 posts, read 10,367 times
fioptics is awesome. i had 1 issue in the year and a half i had it, that was for a down cable from a accident.
there were no taxes on fioptic internet at that time, they werent offering tv then.

once your bundle promo is up its about 150 give or take... talk with them, i think they offer 10 30 and 50 internet speeds (twc hi speed is 10), and 3 tv packages. my friend got 30internet and middle package tv with 3 hd boxes 150+ channels for 70sum dollars for 18months then 130.00 after that.

average twc internet and half way decent cable is that if not 150or more.

i have twc, internet is usually fair, but its always down especially the last 2 months, which twc has had nationwide outages for quite some time.
there is a site, search google for "is my internet down" there is a site that reports all internet outages.

[url=http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/timewarnercable.com.html]Timewarnercable.com - Is Time Warner Cable Down Right Now?[/url]

i pay 62 for basic and internet. it6s very spotty i unplug the modem for 15 minutes every couple days and its usually ok if i do that, doing do should also give you a new ip address which is a good thing..

Old 12-20-2015, 01:54 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,536,232 times
My cincy bell fioptics service has been flawless with no outages. TWC keeps sending me crap like I would ever go back to that service. Sorry, but any cable company that operates out of a mall (in this case tri-county mall) isn't worth dealing with. Once the promo is up, I'll just down grade the internet speed. I can't use 900 mbps download speed anyway. It's overkill.

I don't even have cable TV. If I wanted it I would just hook up a sling box at a relatives house onto an extra cable box and stream their cable service right to my house for free. Instead I use a roku 3.

Old 12-20-2015, 09:30 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times
We were all set to get Fioptics. Installer was at our house working at the outside box, then came in and said that he couldnt do what was promised.

We contracted to have 2 separate DVRs, not whole house DVR, because between MrsM and me, we often record more than 4 shows at a time. (We have 2 DVRs from CTW)

Our street is only capable of one cable to house, so only one 3 channel DVR.

I'm bummed

Old 12-21-2015, 10:26 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,536,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
We were all set to get Fioptics. Installer was at our house working at the outside box, then came in and said that he couldnt do what was promised.

We contracted to have 2 separate DVRs, not whole house DVR, because between MrsM and me, we often record more than 4 shows at a time. (We have 2 DVRs from CTW)

Our street is only capable of one cable to house, so only one 3 channel DVR.

I'm bummed
Why can't they just run a split off the incoming cable to multiple DVR's? Can the line not be split like coaxial cable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati