Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:07 PM

257 posts, read 608,812 times

Advertisements

yeah i'm not big on status grocery shopping. hahaha. just want something that's a quick hit for all the stuff I usually i need, that's not expensive, and close. i'm not a gourmet chef and generally don't have a lot of time to shop around, unfortunately.

i'm glad there are so many options!

people say there's no grocery store downtown but i'm moving from a town that is about 1/3 the size of Cincinnati now and have to drive at least 10 mins to get to a grocery store, too, so... i'm not complaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 06:45 PM

83 posts, read 438,391 times
BTW - there is, hot off the presses, news out that:

Len Bleh, owner of Avril Bleh Meat Market on East Court Street, said he plans to open a 1,300 square-foot grocery store next to his butcher shop by March. In the store he plans to sell dairy products, eggs, produce, bread, dry goods and other grocery items, plus have a deli counter with room for people to sit down and eat.

This won't quite be a full-blown grocery store, but it will be more than what is offered at drug stores and convenience stores that currently exist. There has also been a strong movement (by city officials and Downtown residents) to attract a full-scale grocer to Downtown (ie Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Publix, Kroger, etc).

This news was reported in the Cincinnati Post.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:02 PM

Trader Joes downtown would be awesome.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:03 PM

T minus 1.5 days until I'm in Cincinnati . . .

Old 11-29-2007, 09:22 PM

710 posts, read 3,046,153 times
wonderful, there are some great happy hours downtown. rock bottom brewery has 2 dollar 22oz pints 3-6 m-f, palamino's has 3 dollar mojiotos, kaldi's has the best selection of local beer in the city. enjoy

Old 12-02-2007, 09:56 AM

36 posts, read 276,872 times
THE closest is Kroger Supermarkets @ 1420 Vine St. (not to hot, IMO), then Kroger in Corryville (1 W. Corry St. & Vine, east of UC, fair IMO), and probably one or two in northern Kentucky. Google Kroger and use a map to spot them. THE best/most popular is Kroger in Hyde Park (Cincinnati, ~12 miles NE dwtn in the Hyde Park Plaza) 3760 Paxton Ave.

There is a Kroger across the river in Bellevue Kentucky, look @ this map: http://xml.sa.mapquest.com/?transact...%7Djul0%3Af544

Old 12-03-2007, 07:49 PM

Yeah, I'm probably going to check out that Kroger in Bellevue.

I dunno. Since I can't really cook yet - my kitchen (actually entire apartment) still looks like a shipping warehouse - I love that I can get Italian, Middle Eastern, Indian, or Spanish food all within a few steps of where I live downtown...

Old 12-03-2007, 09:37 PM

710 posts, read 3,046,153 times
yeah, it is pretty great to be able to walk out of your apartment to buy a pint of milk without having to burn a pint of gas

Old 12-04-2007, 07:28 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
If it's still around -- I haven't been downtown regularly in a couple of years, and things certainly have changed! -- check out the deli in the Enquirer building. Great sandwiches and soups.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:17 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRando View Post
BTW - there is, hot off the presses, news out that:

Len Bleh, owner of Avril Bleh Meat Market on East Court Street, said he plans to open a 1,300 square-foot grocery store next to his butcher shop by March. In the store he plans to sell dairy products, eggs, produce, bread, dry goods and other grocery items, plus have a deli counter with room for people to sit down and eat.

This won't quite be a full-blown grocery store, but it will be more than what is offered at drug stores and convenience stores that currently exist. There has also been a strong movement (by city officials and Downtown residents) to attract a full-scale grocer to Downtown (ie Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Publix, Kroger, etc).

This news was reported in the Cincinnati Post.
The only thing I have to say is I buy meats there. You'll be hard pressed to find a finer butcher shop anywhere.

Their sausages are hand-made, with no preservatives. 10 months later you can pull them out of the fridge and eat them. Might be a little mold on it, but no problem, peel the skin off, that's why it's there. You can't do that with the chemical crap you get at the stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati