Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 08:40 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,974,503 times

Advertisements

Where did you read that. Cincy is a great place to raise a family and the usual complaint is that there is not enough going on, haha. Calling Cincy dangerous is laughable.

G Man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 06:18 AM

29 posts, read 90,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan06 View Post
Lol. Both of you took the words right out of my mouth. I was going to say, if the new businesses that appear in your neighborhood are Check N Go locations or Cricket Wireless stores, your neighborhood most likely is NOT headed in a positive direction.
Wow you guys are kinda ignorant. My fiance is a manager with Cricket Wireless. And I've seen CW stores in areas of Spokane, Wa., Philly, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Northern Virginia, etc. that were NOT in ghetto areas at all. In fact, the 14th and U store in DC is in a gentrified area with rents and mortgages much higher than probably most of you can afford. I'm talking $3,000+ a month.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:48 AM

2,204 posts, read 6,720,605 times
They're probably saying that because there are no credit checks, but yeah the wireless industry is a good one to be in.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:54 AM

2 posts, read 4,911 times
Cool Confused and would love some advice,about relocating.

I am moving to the natti and i hope it is as peaceful as the neighborhood I am omoving from I am a little worried cause I am moving with children and right now I am moving from a neighborhood that has doctors and lawyers, to cincinnati. I a currently on sec-8 living among the rich,very lovely to raise a family around,dont want to lose this privilege and come to cincinnati and be located in a dungeon ghetto. Im coming from Arlington Tx to Cincinnati to be with family, I could really use some advice and guidance, I really need to know if i should leave family where they are at and stay in this beautiful suburb. Also just graduated for paralegal are the legal jobs strong out there as well as the class a driving jobs? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-06-2011, 12:50 AM

329 posts, read 700,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamill14 View Post
I am moving to the natti and i hope it is as peaceful as the neighborhood I am omoving from I am a little worried cause I am moving with children and right now I am moving from a neighborhood that has doctors and lawyers, to cincinnati. I a currently on sec-8 living among the rich,very lovely to raise a family around,dont want to lose this privilege and come to cincinnati and be located in a dungeon ghetto. Im coming from Arlington Tx to Cincinnati to be with family, I could really use some advice and guidance, I really need to know if i should leave family where they are at and stay in this beautiful suburb. Also just graduated for paralegal are the legal jobs strong out there as well as the class a driving jobs? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What? On Section 8 and rich?

Anyways, Cincinnati is EXTREMELY UNDER RATED, and you'll find an area for every walk of life or wealth class. If you are looking for a driver instructor job, Stanley's Driving School has two locations that you can teach at, one on Foley Road and another on Bridgetown Rd on the westside. If you are looking to work as a courtroom related job, there is definitely openings, you should check out the new Banks project at the riverfront, as the city has stopped having a backwards mindset and is taking advantage of gentrification and the blossom effect.

You can message me or make your own post about moving here by following the proper guidlines.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:34 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,840,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamill14 View Post
There is actually a lawsuit going on in Hamilton county just about this very subject. It seems they steer section 8 away from more exclusive parts of the county. I see why there is a lawsuit when i suppose it's working other parts of the country like Arlington.

Cincinnati is way behind the time. No wonder it's so much back and forth in this region.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,512 times
Default Cincinnati is a good place to start a family.

I don't seem to comprehend why some people throw Cincinnati under the bus so much on here & it seems to be a on going trend of people who have moved from much farther locations. I've lived in Cincinnati my entire life & have never had a problem. Yes, there is ghetto people in certain areas, however you show me a place that has no ghetto or bad things in it. It has every type of class, like every other city. We're not segregated, such as middle class on the west, lower class there, ect. There's a few rough spots but where isn't there rough spots today. There's not much crime, you can walk downtown if you wanted at night. I've done it many of times with & without friends & it tends to be heavily patrolled with police.

I like how you have those list of places to avoid as well.. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Norwood, its not ghetto at all & is a pleasant community. It was even listed as one of 100 best communities in America for the last couple years. Seriously, you can walk at night through out that town & you'll be just fine. Their school system is ranked excellent & gives out the most scholarships in the Hamilton County if not Ohio. OTR has many beautiful sights & housing. However, yes their is some crime, but where isn't there. Majority of the places you named off is incorrect. My personal opinion Clifton is the worst, but there is many safe areas like UC, Children's Hospital, & the Zoo. If you just stay in those areas you'll be fine. Most crime happened between people who know each other.

Cincinnati is wonderful for children. It has the third ranked hospital for children in the country & the second best zoo in the country. You have so many wonderful parks & several water parks & Kings Island.
There is so much to offer in a Cincinnati & to be honest coming from a much larger city such as Boston, I don't think you'd understand or would see that in a much smaller city that's so filled "hardcore ghetto".

Old 07-20-2014, 12:18 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,847,256 times
I have lived in Cincy all my life. Ive lived on the East Side (grew up there) and lived as far west as Colerain. Im now in Norwood.
Ive even lived in Price Hill. Did i love it? No but NOT for the neighborhood. Ive even lived in ritzy Mariemont and Loveland.

So is Cincy "Ghetto"? No. Just move in and act normal.

Old 07-20-2014, 03:13 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,838,011 times
Did you get that, OP who started this thread in 2007 and never returned?

Old 07-20-2014, 04:09 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,025,930 times
Yes. A discussion of Norwood's fine, but linking such to a long dead, negative thread where the OP simply vanished after the very first entry isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati