Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 07:43 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,718,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by your_gdoc View Post
I am living in Mason for last 11 yrs and I dont want to move anywhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 01:49 PM

379 posts, read 849,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spedteach1972 View Post
I have lived in this "Indiana/Ohio" belt all my life. Something no one is really talking about is the weather/ health issues related to Ohio. These are things that if you don't HAVE to move to Ohio -- DON"T!! You will probably develop colds all of the time, flu several times a year even with the shot, allergies, asthma, fibromyalgia, and a whole list of other issues. This belt is the worst for health issues. When I visited California, all of my health issues where gone within 24 hrs - and let me tell you - there are many!! I have to take anywhere from 20-25 pills to get me through the day. In California I needed 4. I am trying to save up enough money to be able to re-locate there - any suggestions?
This post is just not true. I've lived in Mason for 10 years now and I have never had the flu while living here. Frequency of colds are normal, no asthma or fibro, had allergies since I was a kid in Tennessee. I normally take zero pills except in the spring when allergies flare. I'm sure warm Cali weather is better for health but to say that if you live here you will be sick all the time with everything under the sun is crazy.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:46 AM

2 posts, read 2,379 times
Wow lydunn, I would not say all that. But I appreciate the sentiment. I grew up in Cincy and it is really all about what you want to find. Some part, true, are very very conservative and you will find a couple in ANY group- hell, I am friends with one and we just keep our political views to ourselves to maintain our friendship. Religion is pretty big here in some parts - both catholic and protestant. We are in the top half of the "bible belt" so we have the lots varying degrees of religious intensity (if you into that sort of thing). The traffic is not bad (anywhere in the city within 1/2 hour) The seasons are pretty (fall is nice, spring is rainy). The summers are hot and sometimes oppressive (very humid). The cultural environment is where you find it. You really have to look. If you look you will find it but it is not "out there" and easily accessible as I understand it is in other places. Culturally we are a little behind - I mean we still have racial issues and the LGBT community was protested for the parade, the 3 abortion clinics in the city are still routinely protested with signs and horribleness. Overall the people are nice, depending on where you live. You may find a false sense of importance in some neighborhoods. Where you live is very important here. Thats about amy 2 cents. Visit - stay more than a week, meet some locals, then decide.

Old 01-06-2011, 04:47 PM

405 posts, read 891,138 times
Default readytorun

Do you realize you just replied to a post from four years ago??

How did that happen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati